Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Men and Flirting

Does anyone else have a problem with how feminine flirting for men is in the game? I know this may be a sensitive subject ( for some of you) but can we please have some more manly flirting please. I really feel left out... as a straight guy. lol

Comments

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Sexual preference does not factor into how people/Sims would flirt. I think they just used an animation somewhere in-between and called it a day.

Sadly, the days of separate animations for male and female are closing out. People may be upset that their Sim is not feminine enough or whatnot.

The good news is that you can import your own animations!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Interesting. That particular animation seems rather neutral to me (whether flirting or being flirted with)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »
    Sexual preference does not factor into how people/Sims would flirt. I think they just used an animation somewhere in-between and called it a day.

Sadly, the days of separate animations for male and female are closing out. People may be upset that their Sim is not feminine enough or whatnot.

“Sexy Pose” and “Be Enticing” have separate animations for both “gender types”
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    NoTalent wrote: »

I know, it's all the same regardless (feminine). We should have an option though.

edited September 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    Interesting. That particular animation seems rather neutral to me (whether flirting or being flirted with)

Really? The man putting his hand up to his face after being flirted with seems masculine to you? To me it seems like a VERY feminine reaction.

Edit: I'm not trying to start arguements here. These are entirely MY OPINIONS and am wanting input from other Sim Players.

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No offense, but... why does it matter?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Hmm never noticed that, but I guess because my ultimate goal was just to gain the relationship.

I guess more animations would be nice
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

Really? The man putting his hand up to his face after being flirted with seems masculine to you? To me it seems like a VERY feminine reaction.

Edit: I'm not trying to start arguements here. These are entirely MY OPINIONS and am wanting input from other Sim Players.

Well, putting words in someone's mouth isn't a good way to avoid arguments.

I never said it seemed masculine. I said it seemed neutral. It's not my favorite animation (just in general,) but It doesn't look out of place on either gender to me. I'm only sharing my thoughts. I'm not trying to convince you.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ReksohReksoh Posts: 303 Member
    I thought the whole point of being macho and masculine is that you dont show emotion LOL. If that's the case then our Male sims shouldn't be animated at all. Too girly.
    edited September 2019
    So_Money wrote: »
    I wouldn’t even know where to begin animating “manly” flirting lol.

You.. We could probably hang out in R/L lol. Yeah it's a head scratcher, but it's pretty apparent the current animation is very feminine.
    Reksoh wrote: »
    I thought the whole point of being macho and masculine is that you dont show emotion LOL. If that's the case then our Male sims shouldn't be animated at all. Too girly.

No, the male (masculine) animation could definitely be more suave. Cool, confident, and definitely interested.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    The "Suave Kiss" animations strike me as manly, esp the one where the target sim gets pulled in close. I never have my ladies perform that interaction as it seems manly to me.
    The "Suave Kiss" animations strike me as manly, esp the one where the target sim gets pulled in close. I never have my ladies perform that interaction as it seems manly to me.

Yeah. Very true.That's dependent on the emotional state though. They only get that option if they are in a confident mood.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Yes I have totally noticed how feminine the male flirting is. I think the creators just phoned it in on that one.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
    edited September 2019
    Yes I have totally noticed how feminine the male flirting is. I think the creators just phoned it in on that one.

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that noticed. I mean, how could you NOT notice???
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I noticed too and am not a fan of it. I'd be fine with an option to have more feminine as well traditionally 'manly', I don't mind my male sims acting that way that it seems appropriate for. But I want my overly testosterone charged sims to act differently.
    CelSims wrote: »
    I noticed too and am not a fan of it. I'd be fine with an option to have more feminine as well traditionally 'manly', I don't mind my male sims acting that way that it seems appropriate for. But I want my overly testosterone charged sims to act differently.

Exactly! And you know what? I feel almost silly for asking for that. But, gosh darn it, it really matters! So again, please Maxis give both masculine and feminine behavior. I mean, you've pretty much covered everything else so why not? lol
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

Are you trying to start an argument or are you genuinely curious because gender doesn't matter to you? :)

Genuinely curious.
    funny-gifs20.gif

edited September 2019

Are you trying to start an argument or are you genuinely curious because gender doesn't matter to you? :)

[/quote]

Genuinely curious.[/quote]

*sigh* why did you have to say that. :P

Okay, well since some people do care about masculine/feminine behavior due to their particular... OMG YOU ARE TOTALLY TROLLING ME AREN"T YOU????

Just listen to this and everything will be OK.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4lyyzBOdLPE&list=RD4lyyzBOdLPE&start_radio=1

To me it says we are all in the same boat regardless of personal preferences.

• Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    As someone who plays female sims, I'd love to see gendered flirting options, have the guys be a bit of a show off and sweep my sim off her feet or something, anything different to what we have now as flirting seems kind of too feminine, while not a bad thing it can be a bit jarring at times.

There are biological differences between guys and girls and that can affect behaviour in real life so seeing some animation variety would be nice, make it a toggle or an option in CAS like the toilet and pregnancy options. But if you're fine with what we've got then props to you.
    edited September 2019
    As someone who plays female sims, I'd love to see gendered flirting options, have the guys be a bit of a show off and sweep my sim off her feet or something, anything different to what we have now as flirting seems kind of too feminine, while not a bad thing it can be a bit jarring at times.

There are biological differences between guys and girls and that can affect behaviour in real life so seeing some animation variety would be nice, make it a toggle or an option in CAS like the toilet and pregnancy options. But if you're fine with what we've got then props to you.

Yes, "jarring" is a word for it I suppose. It all depends on the gender preference you are trying to portray in your character. Right now it's extremely limited.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited September 2019

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that noticed. I mean, how could you NOT notice???

I agree. The man bats his eyes and lurches his head back coyly (honestly it’s not a very real animation for women either). I think the point with all the animations is not to make them real but a kind of fun spin. Look at the kiss passionately animation. It’s over dramatic and funny. I think that’s what the devs were going for. The sims aren’t very realistic imo and weren’t meant to be. (I would have appreciated more realism, but that’s just me.)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited September 2019
    you have just made me feel very gay when i realize i prefer feminine flirting dudes to masculine flirting dudes animations.... oh well.

as a side note: i think sims in general should be allowed to flirt like 80s music video ppl just for the sake of cheese

and that includes that male singer overdramatics
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free