Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is this nonsense???

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I have also used MCCC to set adult employment levels to zero and have flagged each of the sages with MCCC to have their ‘career’ frozen so that they remain unemployed. Also I have frozen their aging with MCCC since if they die they get replaced and I have flagged them as homeless so the game doesn’t move them in to houses. I also used MCCC to flag them for no marriage since if they get married MCCC will move them in with their spouse and (I suspect) this. Abuses them to lose sage status.
    I had MCCC marry off my mischief sage and move her to Windenburg (she also had a baby girl). So far she still always shows in the realm as a sage, and kept the makeover I gave her. I also use the same two mods by Zero that you have mentioned, not sure if that helps with keeping the sages as is?
    Good to know that marriage doesn’t remove them from their sage roles (so long as they stay unplayed, I assume). I thought it might do. Still, I think I won’t risk it with mine. I don’t think the mods by Zero have any affect on the sages but I could be wrong.

Nope, it doesn't. If they get picked by the game as mixologists the game will replace them. I'm Zero.

Is there a way you can stop it from happening it’s driving me crazy, happy to donate to your patreon! I don’t want to download MCCC just to stop them from getting jobs. Would love something just for this specific thing.

—T
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I have also used MCCC to set adult employment levels to zero and have flagged each of the sages with MCCC to have their ‘career’ frozen so that they remain unemployed. Also I have frozen their aging with MCCC since if they die they get replaced and I have flagged them as homeless so the game doesn’t move them in to houses. I also used MCCC to flag them for no marriage since if they get married MCCC will move them in with their spouse and (I suspect) this. Abuses them to lose sage status.
    I had MCCC marry off my mischief sage and move her to Windenburg (she also had a baby girl). So far she still always shows in the realm as a sage, and kept the makeover I gave her. I also use the same two mods by Zero that you have mentioned, not sure if that helps with keeping the sages as is?
    Good to know that marriage doesn’t remove them from their sage roles (so long as they stay unplayed, I assume). I thought it might do. Still, I think I won’t risk it with mine. I don’t think the mods by Zero have any affect on the sages but I could be wrong.

Nope, it doesn't. If they get picked by the game as mixologists the game will replace them. I'm Zero.
    @SiliClone I don’t know why but I read this in the ‘I’m batman’ Voice :D you’re awesome btw
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member

@SiliClone I don’t know why but I read this in the ‘I’m batman’ Voice :D you’re awesome btw
    LOL Same!!
    But seriously, thanks so much for these mods @SiliClone they work wonderfully to solve this issue!! :)
  • ErinMoriartyErinMoriarty Posts: 3 New Member
    I wouldn't mind the substitute sages, it just seems like a lot of mine are pantsless. Seems to be happening in Deligracy's series too. I thought it was weird stuff with my game at first but she has the same thing.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @MaggieMarley ahahaha that was not quite the intention.

@Kita5399 I just couldn't play the game like that.
    edited September 2019
    To7m wrote: »

Is there a way you can stop it from happening it’s driving me crazy, happy to donate to your patreon! I don’t want to download MCCC just to stop them from getting jobs. Would love something just for this specific thing.

—T

I'll see what can be done... maybe i can set up a filter for that.

EDIT they are already blacklisted from being picked for careers... so it's a bug.
    Post edited by SiliClone on

—T

EDIT they are already blacklisted from being picked for careers... so it's a bug.

Well that’s good to know, they may fix it then. If you manage to do anything please let me know :) many thanks! But don’t stress yourself you’ve done more than enough already!

—T

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Zero more like HERO you've made an alright pack into an awesome one for me with your mods. Thankyou for taking the time to make them all and share them.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    @SiliClone You do? Wow that is goooooooooooooooooood news!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    We'd be better off if EA just scrapped that nonsnese. A sage already has employment, being a sage of the realm. What is happening makes as much sense as the CEO of General Motors leaving his/her office for a few hours to pack groceries an the local supermarket.

—T

Well that’s good to know, they may fix it then. If you manage to do anything please let me know :) many thanks! But don’t stress yourself you’ve done more than enough already!

—T

You don't use MCCC.. did your find sages assigned to job roles already?
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited September 2019
    No worries. Glad it helped :) I don’t personally mind the game generated sims or their appearance so I don’t usually run in to problems with townies. But it sure did annoy me when I saw that one of my sages had been replaced. They need to fix that.

it's not just their appearance, it's how much the game seems to overprioretize them.. even if just one of those disgusting (usually elder) pears is spawned he will be EVERYWHERE you go. and if enough of them spawn they just take over entirely -.- i have a problem with premades with an actual story to them being reduced to work NPC fodder while the storyless and totally random sims with absolutely no matching personalities and outfits are basically the town you have to live and deal with. i am interested in the Goths and the Landgraabs who actually have a backstory but instead i have to deal with Yumiko Yakamura, Genji Sakamoto and Khaled Ghomari who are just...there. no story, no matching personality...they are just….there, and yet the game treats them like they are thé main important sims around because they will stalk you wherever you go even tho i don't want to interact with them. i wouldn't mind them if they were background fodder but if given time they will replace all the premade families entirely and i for one really don't like it. and yeah...wouldn't mind their (disgusting) looks that much if the game wasn't trying so hard to force them into my sims lives >.< my young adult ladies are not attracted to those ugly elder pears but ohh boyyy does the game try to force it!

and now they tend to conquer the magic realm as well: if there are randoms in your bin they WILL be picked as casters over the premades or sims i made for the purpose to become casters and now apparantly they will also take over the sage's roles if given the chance!

i merely want a place where i can greet and interact with premades and my own created and housed sims and a place that is forbidden for random generated sims.
    No worries. Glad it helped :) I don’t personally mind the game generated sims or their appearance so I don’t usually run in to problems with townies. But it sure did annoy me when I saw that one of my sages had been replaced. They need to fix that.

it's not just their appearance, it's how much the game seems to overprioretize them.. even if just one of those disgusting (usually elder) pears is spawned he will be EVERYWHERE you go. and if enough of them spawn they just take over entirely -.- i have a problem with premades with an actual story to them being reduced to work NPC fodder while the storyless and totally random sims with absolutely no matching personalities and outfits are basically the town you have to live and deal with. i am interested in the Goths and the Landgraabs who actually have a backstory but instead i have to deal with Yumiko Yakamura, Genji Sakamoto and Khaled Ghomari who are just...there. no story, no matching personality...they are just….there, and yet the game treats them like they are thé main important sims around because they will stalk you wherever you go even tho i don't want to interact with them. i wouldn't mind them if they were background fodder but if given time they will replace all the premade families entirely and i for one really don't like it. and yeah...wouldn't mind their (disgusting) looks that much if the game wasn't trying so hard to force them into my sims lives >.< my young adult ladies are not attracted to those ugly elder pears but ohh boyyy does the game try to force it!

and now they tend to conquer the magic realm as well: if there are randoms in your bin they WILL be picked as casters over the premades or sims i made for the purpose to become casters and now apparantly they will also take over the sage's roles if given the chance!

i merely want a place where i can greet and interact with premades and my own created and housed sims and a place that is forbidden for random generated sims.

I totally get why you don’t like them and I know you’re not alone. I wasn’t trying to imply that your opinion about them is wrong. It’s just personal preference and nobody can criticise you for that. I was just stating that even though I usually don’t mind townies, it still bothered me that the game was replacing the sages with townies.

The fact I don’t have issues with my townies may be because my game doesn’t generate many or really any townies who I would consider truly ugly and I don’t hate the pear body shape, though I wouldn’t use it on my sims. I don’t tend to really notice or care what the townies look like anyway because I rarely interact with them and my game never forces me to interact with them (unlike what yours appears to do). In fact, I tend to see mostly my own sims at community lots, bars etc. It’s probably all very dependent on a person’s play style and individual game.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Question--if the main goal is just to have a Sim who looks the way you want them to in the role of sage (as opposed to specifically having the 3 pre-made sages in those roles), won't fulledit.cas let you change them however you want? As long as you do it from Manage Households and don't move them in anywhere?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.

—T

—T

Yes, one is a freelancer and the other a gardener lol I was too afraid to ask the third lol

Your mod stopped them from wearing the crazy outfits, but on occasion they’ll be replaced as sage, deleting the replacement straight away usually fixes that, but wish I wouldn’t have to keep doing it

—T
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited September 2019
    Following up with my last comment, I tested it, and yes, you can turn on the fulledit cheat, right-click the sage you want to change, and click "Edit in CAS." The game will keep their title when you're done. You can even randomize the traits until you get something you like. (I did have to leave the Magic Realm and then come back for the edited sage to start wandering around.)

I wanted to move out L. Faba (she got married and started a family with one of my mermaids), but it was nice to have some control over who replaced her. :)

I imagine this also works if you just want to tweak the prebuilt sages a little bit. (I didn't like L. Faba being mean, personally, though the game tried to make the next Mischief sage straight-up evil until I changed it.)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    edited September 2019
    I totally get why you don’t like them and I know you’re not alone. I wasn’t trying to imply that your opinion about them is wrong. It’s just personal preference and nobody can criticise you for that. I was just stating that even though I usually don’t mind townies, it still bothered me that the game was replacing the sages with townies.

The fact I don’t have issues with my townies may be because my game doesn’t generate many or really any townies who I would consider truly ugly and I don’t hate the pear body shape, though I wouldn’t use it on my sims. I don’t tend to really notice or care what the townies look like anyway because I rarely interact with them and my game never forces me to interact with them (unlike what yours appears to do). In fact, I tend to see mostly my own sims at community lots, bars etc. It’s probably all very dependent on a person’s play style and individual game.

ohh don't worry, didn't feel like you were saying i was wrong and in no way are you wrong in yours either ;). merely wanted to state that it isn't their looks what angers me so greatly about them. if they weren't so dominantly present i wouldn't even care at all to be fair ^_^ they would actually amuse me through their sheer dopeyness. it is just the fact that the game so heavily overprioretizes them in every single save of mine that i rarely ever feel like leaving my house anymore because well...all i get to meet on public lots are them anyways and i don't want to so i see no point to go out anymore, especially because staying at home at least reduces the numbers of them spawning. i just don't get why my game so heavily tries to force them onto me :/ since i would never consider greeting them let along romance them hence why i Always have testingcheats enabled to reset my sims in a rush when they try to rush flirty greetings once again>.< why would my Young adult Luna Villareal be attracted to a hideous elder with tiny shoulders, a huge behind and a flat out creepy face??? but even if i get into a talk with someone i actually want to meet they will immediately force themselves into that conversation as well...it is just obnoxious and very aggrevating to put it mildly. and every feature i used to enjoy like the jungle traveling, clubbing and if i play a celeb the award show will spawn dozens more of them so i almost never do that anymore :/ and yeah, now even the magic realm isn't safe anymore since now we also get the sages to be randoms as well >.< and if you want to learn the good spells you have to know them! and yeah...i don't want to! so there is yet another feature being ruined by them! but at least deleting them fixes it for a while...thank god.

you really see your own sims and premades when you go out?? gosh that must be nice…. wish i could experience that for once…. then it would also be fun to create my own townies again :/ as it is now i don't see the point anymore...what's the use of spending time creating good townies if they get replaced by the whacky ones the game created anyways? i rarely ever see my own created townies even walking around town let along visit a lot where i am at...
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on

—T

—T

Yes, one is a freelancer and the other a gardener lol I was too afraid to ask the third lol

Your mod stopped them from wearing the crazy outfits, but on occasion they’ll be replaced as sage, deleting the replacement straight away usually fixes that, but wish I wouldn’t have to keep doing it

—T

Ok, so it's an EA bug. Looking into those two careers, they may have forget.

ohh don't worry, didn't feel like you were saying i was wrong and in no way are you wrong in yours either ;). merely wanted to state that it isn't their looks what angers me so greatly about them. if they weren't so dominantly present i wouldn't even care at all to be fair ^_^ they would actually amuse me through their sheer dopeyness. it is just the fact that the game so heavily overprioretizes them in every single save of mine that i rarely ever feel like leaving my house anymore because well...all i get to meet on public lots are them anyways and i don't want to so i see no point to go out anymore, especially because staying at home at least reduces the numbers of them spawning. i just don't get why my game so heavily tries to force them onto me :/ since i would never consider greeting them let along romance them hence why i Always have testingcheats enabled to reset my sims in a rush when they try to rush flirty greetings once again>.< why would my Young adult Luna Villareal be attracted to a hideous elder with tiny shoulders, a huge behind and a flat out creepy face??? but even if i get into a talk with someone i actually want to meet they will immediately force themselves into that conversation as well...it is just obnoxious and very aggrevating to put it mildly. and every feature i used to enjoy like the jungle traveling, clubbing and if i play a celeb the award show will spawn dozens more of them so i almost never do that anymore :/ and yeah, now even the magic realm isn't safe anymore since now we also get the sages to be randoms as well >.< and if you want to learn the good spells you have to know them! and yeah...i don't want to! so there is yet another feature being ruined by them! but at least deleting them fixes it for a while...thank god.

you really see your own sims and premades when you go out?? gosh that must be nice…. wish i could experience that for once…. then it would also be fun to create my own townies again :/ as it is now i don't see the point anymore...what's the use of spending time creating good townies if they get replaced by the whacky ones the game created anyways? i rarely ever see my own created townies even walking around town let along visit a lot where i am at...

How weird that your game prioritises generated sims so heavily. Whenever I go to, say, a night club with one of my sims it will start to fill up with sims of mine from other played households. Maybe that’s because I have a lot of different played households. Or maybe MCCC is causing my sims to turn up rather than townies? I don’t think I’ve ever had a townie approach one of my sims with a flirty greeting but I can see how that would be annoying if it kept happening.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have MCCC set so that it pulls the townies from my library. The only problem I ever had with it was it pulled exact duplicate sims on occasion, but I figured out the settings to correct that and now it works fine. So now I curate a good variety of sims of all different shapes, sizes, ethnicities, etc in my library and with in a sim day or two in a new save they start showing up.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I have MCCC set so that it pulls the townies from my library. The only problem I ever had with it was it pulled exact duplicate sims on occasion, but I figured out the settings to correct that and now it works fine. So now I curate a good variety of sims of all different shapes, sizes, ethnicities, etc in my library and with in a sim day or two in a new save they start showing up.
    Oooh which settings do that?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Oh plum!

So first thing to do is to find each sage and set the flags.

Gahhh.... let the sages be safes! Don’t let the game pull them into other careers. One thing if they die from old age because perhaps not every simmer want sims to live forever but stealing them for tending a bar or gardening.

To me this feels like a bug since they are set up to be the mysterious powers who keeps the realm from breaking apart and next evening they quit the sage-stuff and do muggle-work.

This takes me straight out of story mode. Thanks for the warning, this was great!
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    DanmanNefarius “elder pears” that “pester, haunt and stalk your sims all day.” Congrats to you, this thread is a real crack-up :D
    edited September 2019
    DanmanNefarius “elder pears” that “pester, haunt and stalk your sims all day.” Congrats to you, this thread is a real crack-up :D

@popstarissa hahaha glad you enjoyed it ^_^ guess those useless trashbag sims are at least good for something (your amusement) tho i am still hoping someone will make some sort of mod which will cause the game to final;ly generate normal looking sims instead of those whacky mutants and at last forces them to do what they are supposed to do: NPC jobs instead of pestering my sims all day while Bella Goth or Judith Ward is serving drinks or is the bouncer :p because the game developers probabely never will.

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Been laughing about this one all morning “why would my Young adult Luna Villareal be attracted to a hideous elder with tiny shoulders” because it is so unbelievably true 😂😂😂

A gang of 8 oblong elder pears stormed my restaurant yesterday, each sporting the same comedically humorous beard paired with a frumpy mumu over slacks. I, of course, immediately sold the restaurant.