Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do they only listen to game changers?

Comments

• HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Did you know that one of the Island Living Counter swatches had an inconsistent color and texture compared to their Counter Island that was added later? It was a silly gaffe on our part that we felt compelled to fix as quickly as possible.

FIXED! Columns now watch your wall height. Ahhhh - that’s better.

Thoughts? As they seem to fix simsupply's issue very quickly but what about our bugs?

As much as i dislike the idea of one person holding that much opinion power simply because they have a google account and can say what they like in front of a camera recording in order to force EA to stand up and correct the issue, possibly through some kind of public shaming on minor things like this. At least EA gets around to fixing a few of these issues.

If our opinions on the forum matter that little? perhaps we should all have google accounts and post our opinions as well and turn youtube into a TS4 forum board. It can't happen all the time that those on youtube should get noticed more than everyone should here as everyone is meant to have the same power behind their opinions on reporting issues.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Did you know that one of the Island Living Counter swatches had an inconsistent color and texture compared to their Counter Island that was added later? It was a silly gaffe on our part that we felt compelled to fix as quickly as possible.

Thoughts? As they seem to fix simsupply's issue very quickly but what about our bugs?

As much as i dislike the idea of one person holding that much opinion power simply because they have a google account and can say what they like in front of a camera recording in order to force EA to stand up and correct the issue, possibly through some kind of public shaming on minor things like this. At least EA gets around to fixing a few of these issues.

If our opinions on the forum matter that little? perhaps we should all have google accounts and post our opinions as well and turn youtube into a TS4 forum board. It can't happen all the time that those on youtube should get noticed more than everyone should here as everyone is meant to have the same power behind their opinions on reporting issues.

They’re more inclined to respond to people on Twitter too than on this forum.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    People like James are very important to sales. His Let's Play's are a big hit.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I mean there's a reason they're called gameCHANGERs
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    While I am glad we got some fixes, it is strange to just address one person's complaints. Gamechanger or not. I hope they are at least aware of normal non-gamechanger simmers with issues that were not noticed by this one particular gamechanger. This would have been the perfect opportunity to include prices for potions so we can sell them or usable occult eye colours for spellcasters,just to name a few.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    psychotica wrote: »
    It is much easier to fix a texture issue than to fix a code bug. Fixing that counter texture probably took them less than 5 minutes.

Exactly what I was about to say. Bugs have to be replicated and even then they still can take a while to figure out.

There are still bugs that I can't imagine being hard to replicate/fix - such as conservationist not getting raises past level 10 like the other careers do.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    KALIAMMA wrote: »
    the new gamepack has so many bugs but they only managed to fix the spellcaster animation bug in cas??
    oof!

That bug was causing the game to crash. Of course they fixed it first.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    While it would be nice to have other actual bugs fixed, at least they are listening to someone(game changers talk about about game bugs as well as anyone) and as for the counter color it was probably done soonest because it was easier than other more serious issues.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    They’re more inclined to respond to people on Twitter too than on this forum.

This is TS4 official forums, if this forum really doesn't matter? then the forum shouldn't exist as its purpose is clearly false and everyone should be encouraged on to youtube or twitter then. I'm actually being serious about that point and not sarcastic.

Yet we have these forums and these forums should have the same form of interest from the representatives of EA so they can report back to the developers as any other place and all our opinions should matter.
    sofasim wrote: »
    I mean there's a reason they're called gameCHANGERs

It is just a name in the end, and when others stop feeding these specific people with legitimacy because of a name, you'll find they are the same as you me and everyone else on this forum. But i don't choose to see them differently than you or anyone else.
    KALIAMMA wrote: »
    the new gamepack has so many bugs but they only managed to fix the spellcaster animation bug in cas??
    oof!

That bug was causing the game to crash. Of course they fixed it first.

There is no way to know if it was this person who got a quick fix in the works or if EA already knew of this before patch day and had begun fixing it but took this long to get it sorted and some bugs take longer to fix than others. The end result is a hotfix and that is what we all hope to see, a nice good fix to issues in TS4.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited September 2019
    Much like in real life workplaces...yes, you get results faster if the people who know the bosses complain about something. Some simgurus probably saw the video and got Maxis to fix the Island Living Counter swatches.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yup noticed that too. They either asked them to complain about it all at the same time, make another video about it, so that it seemed EA listened and cared or they only listen when game changers talk, cause it is too much of an influence on their game. It is all so childishly programmed. And in both ways, it is wrong. Never expected EA to be righteous, but the level of intelligence they think we consist of is just SO insulting.
    @Hoverael just my opinion but I think they view this forum more as a way for players to help each other learn the game and discuss how we play than a means to ask questions of the devs/team.

They follow what the Game Changers are saying on YouTube and will respond to questions by players on Twitter sometimes.

Also, we can’t report bugs on this website anymore. They shut those threads down and refer you to AHQ.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I'm wondering how many game-changers are going to be affected like LGR is. He is not a game-changer but has more respect generally than most of them have as a reviewer. He, apparently is going to lose his verification. Are YouTube going a bit mad?

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm wondering how many game-changers are going to be affected like LGR is. He is not a game-changer but has more respect generally than most of them have as a reviewer. He, apparently is going to lose his verification. Are YouTube going a bit mad?

Honey youtube is a mess.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Honey youtube is a mess.

You're telling me! Will Maxis be protecting their YouTubers?

It always amuses me when YouTubers complain about, well, YouTube. No one told them to quit their jobs and do videos full time. Absolutely no one.

They’ll just complain about it but continue to upload videos to their channels because THEY NEED YOUTUBE!

That’s why it’s so funny to me.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Simburian YouTube has gone mad a long time ago lol
    That said, the bigger GCs will be fine, they fit the verification criteria. Though it does explain the change from TheSimSupply to James Turner. Might be unrelated but somehow I think it might have been if James got a heads-up about the upcoming change. (TSS wasn't *his* alone, technically). The problem is that there's no longer clarity with verification for anyone who starts a new channel, at least not in clear terms (like, what is "large following" exactly, YT?)

tl;dr: GCs will be fine, at least the popular ones. Recognizable brands and all. I would think that LGR's gonna be fine too after the dispute he sent to YT is sorted.
    One of the game-changers has got one Pixelade so it could be that all of them will lose their verification too. Deligracy and James next?

edited September 2019
    One of the game-changers has got one Pixelade so it could be that all of them will lose their verification too. Deligracy and James next?

Or YT is doing the thing that a lot of places do: remove verification, send out email, see who bothers coming back to file a dispute. Weeds out channels that aren't active anymore.

Or YT is doing the thing that a lot of places do: remove verification, send out email, see who bothers coming back to file a dispute. Weeds out channels that aren't active anymore.

Probably they could all desert YouTube and go to Twitch instead.
    edited September 2019

Going back to the rails, yes they only listen to the influencer's words. It's very simple, at the end of the day they are the ones who do the marketing for Maxis. If they say something is wrong, and Maxis doesn't fix it, hell is set on earth because Maxis won't get that 5 year old game revenue from the 6 year olds they are trying to sham with this shallow buggy game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1

twitch is sadly apparently not much better. but honestly, no platform is these days, unfortunately.
    edited September 2019

twitch is sadly apparently not much better. but honestly, no platform is these days, unfortunately.

Honestly these platforms were never meant to be used as a means to make money. Remember youtube back in the day? It was mostly homemade videos of genuine everyday people intended to make others laugh, promotional music videos and random funny clips.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited September 2019
    LGR info. Hasn't made his video review yet.......
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    There are many clothing items that claim to be red, but are in fact not so, same for other colors, and they've never fixed that