Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Band creation featured in "Discover University"?

Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
Hey guys! so EP8 "Discover University " (weird name lol) just got leaked, not sure if it's real though but I'm gonna assume it is. (also, r.i.p to the target employee! probably gonna lose his job bc of that... dang)

I had an idea for how a band creation could kinda work with a university pack. I'm still up for a pack solely dedicated to band creation. but I'd love if bands were introduced in University too! I'd probably buy the pack just for that (not too excited for uni honestly.)

in my opinion, it'd be cool if the bands worked the same way as clubs did. same ui and a similar system. (band requirements, activities and banned activities) maybe they could also add some new instruments? I'd do anything to get electric guitars and drums. (maybe ukes as well?) + a rock station! like why don't we have that euiogjksegjiow.

it could also include a concert event! maybe bands in university could hold concerts in their dorms? a new concert venue lot type as well!! I'm not interested in Uni (it was boring in ts3 and didn't play it on ts2.) but that could change if bands were introduced.

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I’d prefer bands in their own GP for more depth.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yeah I agree bands should be their own pack not shoved in another....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Bands would fit really well in a hobbies game pack. I really want University to focus on some other stuff.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited September 2019
    As much as I want bands I don't want them in University they would feel like a shallow empty afterthought like every feature put into a expansion pack. Bands have to be in their own game pack to have even close to the detail I want from them.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I hope they have drums, singers & trumpets in the bands and that it could lead to a career.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    I think band may will introduced in Showtime or their own GP
    BTW next EP may be Showtime, there's already hint in ROM
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Yes it fits the pack but like others point out, it should be its own pack, something like The Sims 4: Makin' Music. We could've more variety in type of bands (rock bands, dance groups, orchestra etc.) and more depth in music (concert, music festival, opera). I don't think this much of content would be completed within University.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

What do you mean? What hint? I don't have the pack yet so I don't know.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    What’s the hint in ROM?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited October 2019

I remember the days when an EP would’ve been chock full of good, quality stuff.

I don’t think ONE thing needs its own pack, I think it could most definitely go into an EP, like they used to do.

I’m tired of 100 packs.

—T
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Really hoping the next pack is University. I really would like bands to come back, but, I'm neutral about how.

If they came with university, that would be great. Conversely, they may fit better with a ShowTime style EP. If they come back, I'll be chuffed.

Right now, though... university for me. I will be gutted if the Target thing was a hoax, and until there's confirmation, I will worry that I've got all excited for nothing. :(
    HSau :)
    edited October 2019
    @suzyl3 @Irdiwen
    This icon
    ur4tfS.jpg

And the description of the new shower from ROM, It mentioned the magician and the box of danger
    Entrance to the abyss
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

To7m wrote: »

I don’t think ONE thing needs its own pack, I think it could most definitely go into an EP, like they used to do.

I’m tired of 100 packs.

—T
    To bad those days are long gone we are lucky to get one in depth feature in a expansion pack now.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I see that actual bands came with The Sims 2: University, you know
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    @suzyl3 @Irdiwen
    This icon
    ur4tfS.jpg

And the description of the new shower from ROM, It mentioned the magician and the box of danger

I’ve seen these, but they’re just wands, rights? I don’t think they refer to drums.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »

I’m tired of 100 packs.

—T
    To bad those days are long gone we are lucky to get one in depth feature in a expansion pack now.

There is no reason why those days have to be long gone. Want a better game? Stop buying the plum their selling now. Simple. Soon enough, they’ll get the message and either step up their game or end it. I’m good with either at this point.

—T
    edited October 2019
    @Irdiwen
    It's same as the icon of acrobat from TS3 Showtime, it probably hint that next pack is it
    And band maybe introduced in, different from TS3
    Entrance to the abyss

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    That icon in the spell book is about wands and dueling. It has nothing to do with drums or bands.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

No, they didn't. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Band
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

No, they didn't. https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Band
    Yeah, but I saw some pictures of bands in University, you should google "sims 2 university band".
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Bands have never been given proper treatment in the Sims.
    They could easily borrow the mechanics from Get Together and make them work seamlessly in TS4.
    Beats me why they haven't done it yet.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited October 2019
    The surveys never told about band **Edit** in University idea.
    This Band idea was already removed from Get Famous and City Living/Get Together ideas.

We aren't even sure to get boarding school as they suggested.
    If this EP08 makes the education part it will be already amazing.

Band isn't a simple hobby like karaoke, it's an active career like Actor. It need its own pack with gigs.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    The surveys never told about band. This idea was already removed from Get Famous and City Living/Get Together ideas.

Band isn't a simple hobby like karaoke, it's an active career like Actor. It need its own pack with gigs.

Bands have actually been in one survey that I know of...

Be a rock star - Form a band and go on tour to become rich and famous and experience new experiences. Play multiple instruments raging from electric guitar to drums master your stage skills.

Some really great things were on that survey like renting cabins, motels, surfing, tattoo pack with tattoos placeable anywhere a beauty salon with nail options and body hair removal even a thief pack sadly we only have received mermaids from it how lucky we are...

• amithyst32amithyst32 Posts: 8 New Member
    i could see marching band maybe for uni,but not really bands....i agree with everyone else for bands being it's own pack.but for uni they should have marching band uniforms.instruments,etc.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited October 2019
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The surveys never told about band. This idea was already removed from Get Famous and City Living/Get Together ideas.

Bands have actually been in one survey that I know of...

Be a rock star - Form a band and go on tour to become rich and famous and experience new experiences. Play multiple instruments raging from electric guitar to drums master your stage skills.

Some really great things were on that survey like renting cabins, motels, surfing, tattoo pack with tattoos placeable anywhere a beauty salon with nail options and body hair removal even a thief pack sadly we only have received mermaids from it how lucky we are...

I wanted to mean Band in University idea.