Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving a Money Tree

I have a money tree that I planted in the desert on the public park, but it does not seem to want to grow. I have Seasons almost all of my plants on that lot don't grow. I was wondering if I could save the lot to my gallery and import it to a new lot out of the desert. I am on console and don't have cheats.

Thanks

Comments

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2019
    You can put them in your household inventory before you move. You could also build a greenhouse so they are sheltered and will grow year round. However, money trees will grow in any climate. They just take awhile to mature - takes 7 days I believe.

Edit: I just realized you said public park. Why would you plant a money tree there?
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I put it there as I build a large greenhouse, but never had any luck in growing anything there. Plus in the desert, I thought things would grow year round. But nothing really seems to grow on that lot. I wondered if because it is not an active lot (I don't visit it often) nothing grows. Maybe if my sim buys the lot I could move the non growing money tree to my inventory and then sell the lot?
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I've never actually tried a money tree on a public lot, but I did grow a cowplant on one once, and it did take FOREVER. I mean just forever. Plants don't grow while your not on the lot so you have to hang out there for a very long time. Maybe try to find things to do and waste a few full sim days there. Money trees on home lots do take a bit of time too so I can just imagine that on a community lot it would take a very long time.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    You need to spend a lot of time on the lot in order to get anything. The plants only mature while you are actually on the lot.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @ZzMANzZ Never plant anything on a community lot as it takes forever to grow.

If you did it so all sims can harvest and share the wealth, just have a sim grow it on their lot and others can visit them and harvest.
    Thanks everyone for your input. #simmerforlife
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited September 2019
    @ZzMANzZ, there is a cheat built in to the game that lets you speed up plant growth. While your cursor hovers over a plant do the console equivalent of Shift-Click. You should then see an option for "gardening state", or whatever it's called. Click on that & you'll see several options. Click on "growth stage" then choose "mature"; this will make the plant fully grown. Just make sure you only do it on plants that are for that season or that say "in season."
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I don't play console and I haven't planted the money tree on a public lot nor do I play with mods or CC, but...

I have planted and even created a greenhouse on a public lot and to my knowledge plants only grow dependent on how active you are on that lot and neighborhood. It's like unless your sim is there it just doesn't grow.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I have added tree’s and plants to some of my parks too. I play rotationally. So if you have sims visit the park from different family’s I’m assuming that helps with over all growth. Also I was wondering if good soil at a park would make the stuff grow faster too.
    Update: So I ended up having a sim purchase the park that my tree was in (after I turned it into a residential) then moved them into my household. I got the tree which I have planted on my household to grow properly. Thankfully I had saved the lot, as now the park is empty.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited September 2019
    Well that is an a great way of getting around this problem. Smart thinking, kudos to you.
    Laugh out loud. Often