Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitches with realm of magic

2...Next

Comments

• mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    While training a sim in magic, my sim stood outside the house while their student was inside... Actually whenever I use this action it always happens in an awkward way like this. Like they're not looking at each other at all.

My sim goes into a T pose sometimes.

My sim tried to give food to their pet cat, he walked all the way to the other side of the house and gave food to thin air.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My teen Sim became a Spellcaster, and now it appears that he can't go to school. Whenever he tries, he disappears for a minute, then comes back.
  • pmbhernandezpmbhernandez Posts: 1 New Member
    > @ghilie said:
    > My spellcaster has learned several potions but the "learn a potion" portion of the aspiration will not complete.

I'm having the same problem.
  • catman30cacatman30ca Posts: 23 Member
    > @XxAirixX said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That has been happening to my sims at least since Seasons. Toddlers especially are often hot or cold even inside as they can't get certain perks yet.

I second whenever I seem to even be inside just saying going upstairs or down my sim is always blue then when I change floors she changes colour.
    When I played my sims game after the Birthday update on the 6th I was fine. Now since downloading Realm of magic I'm running into glitches galore. The 3 I have noticed is my Sims face in the bottom left hand screen will disappear along with the buffs being blanked out just being say a solid blue. As well as I cant access the needs panel on my newly created witch and when I switch to other members of my family I cant even access theirs and theirs also show the new need panel square. I see a blank screen when I click on the needs panel essentially seeing the panel but its below my screen. And third when I exit build mode after either trying to buy something and place it or just enter build mode then exit my whole game freezing and I can see the game but I cant do anything even try to exit from up top in the right hand corner even trying to click the x wont let me close the game. I have to go to the task manger by control alt deleting to close the game.
    > @AStrawberrySlush said:
    > Not sure if this is a glitch, but I am unable to ask how to use magic. Of course that means i'm unable to become a spellcaster, which is frustrating. None of my sims, at various ages, can ask. Not sure what to do

I couldn't find it either but then I did it was under the friendly tab same with turning in the motes I couldn't find it then I did after scrolling through the friendly tab twice.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    My teen Sim became a Spellcaster, and now it appears that he can't go to school. Whenever he tries, he disappears for a minute, then comes back.

Okay, quitting my game and then coming back to it solved this problem.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    suzanna75 wrote: »
    Sims, are not looking at each other when talking

I saw this in a stream and it’s so annoying
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited September 2019
    catman30ca wrote: »
    When I played my sims game after the Birthday update on the 6th I was fine. Now since downloading Realm of magic I'm running into glitches galore. The 3 I have noticed is my Sims face in the bottom left hand screen will disappear along with the buffs being blanked out just being say a solid blue. As well as I cant access the needs panel on my newly created witch and when I switch to other members of my family I cant even access theirs and theirs also show the new need panel square. I see a blank screen when I click on the needs panel essentially seeing the panel but its below my screen. And third when I exit build mode after either trying to buy something and place it or just enter build mode then exit my whole game freezing and I can see the game but I cant do anything even try to exit from up top in the right hand corner even trying to click the x wont let me close the game. I have to go to the task manger by control alt deleting to close the game.

It looks very much like a problem caused by a broken CC. Do you have any CC? I mean, ANY: hairstyles, furniture, etc...
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    katandmari wrote: »
    Any time I tell my sim to practice magic, she won't do the action. She just stands there.

This happens to me if my sim is in her house. I just figured it was because she has a tiny house. It works if I have her do it outside, or in the realm though.
  • ForksnokenForksnoken Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Simpatsyann said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Is there a radio or tv turned on near the toddler?

nope :(
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    The glitches are the only downside to this pack. Hope they get fixed soon, along with turning regular townies into spellcasters.
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone,

I'm going to lock this thread here and ask you to use this forum to report issues you find with the game: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en.

If you find a bug, please make sure to use the 'Bug report' section, as you will be asked some questions that will be helpful for The Sims team when they investigate it.

For more information, please, check this message.

Thanks,
    -Mai
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top