Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do with the Shipwreck?

I made the Sulani lot with the Shipwreck into a park - an put it on the grid. I see Sims going down the stairs into the Shipwreck but my Sims don't know how to enter.

Comments

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Turned it into a cool (on-grid) home for my Subnautica Sims!

Is there anything blocking your Sims' path?
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @ryttu3k - I figured it out...I needed to go down a level and direct the Sim to go there.

VERY nice redo of the shipwreck lot. Nice idea to put the observatory there. I have made that lot into a park with lots of things to do. May put some of the large objects that are fun but too big for a home lot. Thanks for the ideas.
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @ryttu3k - one more thing - any purpose in the treasure chest? Is it ever openable? What's there?
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I turned my ship wreck lot into a bar, and it is a pretty happen place. I set up the wedding arch on the lot.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    one more thing - any purpose in the treasure chest? Is it ever openable? What's there?

It's still a complete mystery at this point. I walled it up because I didn't want to outright delete it in case it *can* be opened later, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do so at this point.

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I made it into a school at first. But since Sulani has so little for my sims to do, I turned it into an all-ages community rec center. The surface makes for a great community garden and park, while the basement/boat's hull has a classroom, a computer lab, an art room, and a few other hobbies for visiting sims to enjoy.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've just been wondering about this. I'm planning to have a shipwrecked sim on it.

I have one in mind but I sent him on a jungle adventure already. I think it needs to be a totally new sim to my game. It has got to be some castaway who washed up there or some descendant of a ship wreck who has to survive for a while, maybe eventually stumbling into the main Ohan'ali Town.

I like the idea of converting it to something else though.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I also turned it into a park, same with the plane crash site in Strangerville. Neither are very practical for living, but it just seems right to have them there.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I actually just used this lot for the first time. A townie was randomly generated to be in jail, since I have a detective Sim. I fell in love with her and decided she was squatting on this lot, which is why she was in jail. But a search of property rights showed that the original owner's rights had expired, so she wound up owning it legally. (I know that's probably not a thing in real life, but this is my fantasy world!) Also not okay in real life: my detective fell in love with her, married her, and now lives with her on this lot. I charged them 10,000 simoleans to add utilities, so it is now on the grid. I'm considering moving the whole underground floor to ground level.

I can only access the internet through my phone right now, so I can't post pictures. But the game added this crazy full-length coat with ruffled collar to her jail uniform and gave her the snobby walk, green stilettos, and pink hair. She definitely stood out in jail!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually just used this lot for the first time. A townie was randomly generated to be in jail, since I have a detective Sim. I fell in love with her and decided she was squatting on this lot, which is why she was in jail. But a search of property rights showed that the original owner's rights had expired, so she wound up owning it legally. (I know that's probably not a thing in real life, but this is my fantasy world!) Also not okay in real life: my detective fell in love with her, married her, and now lives with her on this lot. I charged them 10,000 simoleans to add utilities, so it is now on the grid. I'm considering moving the whole underground floor to ground level.

I can only access the internet through my phone right now, so I can't post pictures. But the game added this crazy full-length coat with ruffled collar to her jail uniform and gave her the snobby walk, green stilettos, and pink hair. She definitely stood out in jail!

There are places and situations wherein that can become legal IRL so it actually isn't completely far-fetched.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.