The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Realm of Magic broke any mods and or CC?

Has Realm of Magic broke any mods and or CC? I use Weerbesu's UI extension mod and others. I was wondering if I should take some mods out? Or wait until I buy and install Realm of Magic

Comments

• NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I am certain most will break, just like with every update.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    nekotlc wrote: »
    Has Realm of Magic broke any mods and or CC? I use Weerbesu's UI extension mod and others. I was wondering if I should take some mods out? Or wait until I buy and install Realm of Magic

The UI extension mod was updated with the Sept 5th patch. however, I do not know if its working with the actual download of ROM. I don't konw where to find it but somewhere someone lists which mods are compatible or not with a new game. I think it's in the MODS section of the forums?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If mods work with the latest patch, why would they break if you install the new pack?
  • Bert1701Bert1701 Posts: 159 Member
    Only got a couple of hours in but nothing broken here, after updating for the latest patch that is. I'm not an expert but I don't think the packs themselves change any base code, that's what the patches introduce so as long as everything is working for you post 5th September patch you should be ok.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I checked MCCC and the UI Extensions cheats homepages and both were updated right after the pre-pack update. There was nothing posted about either of them needing another update after Realm of Magic was released today. There are two threads in the Mods and CC category that list broken mods and the ones that have been updated along with links to the updated mods. That would be the best place to look. I do not have Realm of Magic yet because I am waiting to see if it has any new glitches. So far I have seen a couple bugs being reported. Two are in CAS and one being reported is the older bug where toddlers won't stay in bed.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    nekotlc wrote: »

The packs don’t break mods/cc, the updates do.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    every thing seems to be working okay for me, I might have to change my settings tho, the lighting in particular, I wanted the full effect and raised it, but it's so laggy.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    The ones I have doesn't seem to have suffered from it, thankfully. However, I now and again get this pop up message that some items are unavailable from buy mode, but I have no idea what might be missing.
  • catman30cacatman30ca Posts: 23 Member
    okay so for mods I use MCCC, UI Extensions and twisted Maxis all cheats. I had 3 glitches after installing realm of magic. 1 was my sims portrait and buffs were blank in the bottom left of the screen. 2 my needs panel wasn't showing the new sims gameplay and I couldn't access other sims need panels as well plus until I changed a tab they were from the sim before. and 3 when I exited build mode my game froze. I posted somewhere else on here these and someone mentioned sounds like broken CC. So I checked my Mod folder all I have r these 3. After I updated MCCC from the sept 5 update the first one went away. im thinking it might be the Twisted mexis mod that is doing me in but I have yet to just reinstall MCCC and UI Extensions.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    catman30ca wrote: »
    okay so for mods I use MCCC, UI Extensions and twisted Maxis all cheats. I had 3 glitches after installing realm of magic. 1 was my sims portrait and buffs were blank in the bottom left of the screen. 2 my needs panel wasn't showing the new sims gameplay and I couldn't access other sims need panels as well plus until I changed a tab they were from the sim before. and 3 when I exited build mode my game froze. I posted somewhere else on here these and someone mentioned sounds like broken CC. So I checked my Mod folder all I have r these 3. After I updated MCCC from the sept 5 update the first one went away. im thinking it might be the Twisted mexis mod that is doing me in but I have yet to just reinstall MCCC and UI Extensions.

I am using the cheat Ui extension by weerbesu and have had no problems. Not sure if that is the same mod you have listed as ui extensions. Just wanted to let you know just in case it is. I do not have MCCC installed.

hope this helps narrow the problem.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    UI cheats needed an update after the patch. If your version is older than that, try downloading the most current version. Also delete your local.thumbcache file before restarting the game.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I found that cc eyeliner broke the makeup blush choices. I ended up with all the blushes twice in CAS. It was only after I removed the eyeliners, that I again had the normal blush choices in CAS. Seemed odd tp me, since eyeliner isn't blush, but there it was.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • catman30cacatman30ca Posts: 23 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    catman30ca wrote: »

I am using the cheat Ui extension by weerbesu and have had no problems. Not sure if that is the same mod you have listed as ui extensions. Just wanted to let you know just in case it is. I do not have MCCC installed.

hope this helps narrow the problem.
    After i took everything out I re downloaded the 3 mods and my game works great now and yes that is the ui im using at least now anyways not sure if it was before but the file name was the same
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I use MCCC, Slice of Life, Meaningful Stories, and one more! All were updated for the RoM patch. All are working great.
  • Moonwillow76Moonwillow76 Posts: 3 New Member
    I know that Scumbumbo's Xml Injector stopped working, so all the mods relying on it stopped working as well. Triplis updated it though, it's in the comments section on Scumbumbo's Xml Injector mod the sims page.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hmm, I had CC Counters, I hadn't tried this with other counters but When my sim Goes to Cook, on a stove the Game says "No available Counter space."
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif