Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Livinity wrote: »
    90% of gallery houses only looks good with walls up and looks like a mess in live mode.

You've played in 90 percent of the gallery houses? Phew.

Thats a game camera issue and not an issue with their builds. Obviously in real life is walls were cutaway , that might look awkward like in game. But our walls are always up too.

Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I don't like that a large portion of the female clothing is low-cut at the neckline, or shows the belly, or is sleeveless. While it suits some of my sims just fine, other sims are conservative dressers and wouldn't ever wear those. We need more modest clothing options.

Yes! We need more everyday looking clothing. Not everyday is a big fashion production. I love having interesting stuff too but I feel like lately that's all we have been getting.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    • I don't think Parenthood is the best Game Pack. It's good, but wasted potential. More should have been done to make childhood development more interesting. I know this was supposed to be about how the parents raise their kids, but it's too shallow, and it's exacerbated by kids essentially being the exact same with little variation - different kids don't require different parenting techniques or act any different from their siblings, outside of maybe wearing a bear costume sometimes.

I like family play, and Parenthood adds a lot to that, but this is soooo spot on. It's such a waste that no matter what your kids personality is or anything else that they all get the same text prompts and react basically the same way to the same parenting methods.

Also losing responsibility points is such a boring consequence to skipping curfew compared to having the dodge the cops. I was glad to see an option for curfew come back, but I miss that excitement.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    Thetford wrote: »
    I don't think active schools should be in the game, and a school pack wouldn't be the same as a university one, given that in 2 and 3, very little focus is given on the actual academic side (pretty much non existent in 2) and focus is pretty much exclusively on campus life (greek life, toga parties, coffee shops, the quad, mascots, dorms, cheap living, being away from home etc), while schools would have to be the opposite so they would be schools (sat at a desk watching another sim talk in front of a white board) throughout the entire day. An actual equivalent of university foe teens and children would be packs focusing on the places they hang out outside of school (skateparks, arcades, playgrounds etc )

I sort of agree with this. The thing is kids' social life often IS at school. So it's that the "school" gameplay would need to be tempered with less desk-work and more Recess and Finding a Clique To Sit With At Lunch and Skipping To Hang Out Under The Bleachers.

Like I'm fine with them adding "schools" as lots and sending kids there as an active career. I really want that, actually. I would just hope that active career isn't all just sitting at their desk taking notes and stuff.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
    I don't trust them to ever be able to implement it because of... well... the game we have and how many mistakes there are. But in the hands of a more competent game studio I'd be fully on-board for a co-op mode or local/wireless multiplayer. (Not anything MMO, though).
    Sometimes I stream.

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I'm not interested in them adding story progression to this game.

what about optional story progression
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I'm going to make builders mad with this but...

moveobjectson is the worst cheat they could have given us access to.

Always has been except for use in Sims 2 - it is a debug option for Sims 2 technically and was not designed for Sims 3 or 4. The most problems i have seen in the game is generally the use of that testing cheat. It was never meant to be left on - and was made to get Sims out of issues and to test things in game under boolprop for DEVS.

I will never put MOO in my game because of the trouble it causes.

OMG, I hate MOO, especially when it's not stated it's been used in a build from the gallery so I end up downloading a house only to find it's full of routing issues because of that stupid cheat. Makes my blood boil.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I wish there was an attraction system for romance.
    I would like it to be somewhat random . 2 sims could fall in love (infrequent) for no apparent reason that could be explained except love at first sight. Like being suddenly obbsessed with another sim. but not stalker like or creepy. lol

They had something like that in TS3 and it got really annoying after a while, it was fine if you were playing a single sim, but if you were playing a married couple it was annoying as frick to have over half the town in love with your sim and sending them gifts and love letters. I think there was a mod to be able to reject the letters, but I never downloaded it.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited September 2019
    those ugly, hairy, humanoid-ape messes that act and move as if they have a huge overflow of radioactive testosterone in their bodies...

I need me a man like that irl. 🙏
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    Create a Style was ugly and tedious.
  • I really wish we had create a style so, I could make my sims bedsheets yellow polka dots if I want to. Or I could make my sims bedroom a wallpaper of Grilled cheese sandwiches. Whatever I wanted!
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    There has been far too much focus on releasing gameplay and story elements in recent times...not all of us care about it and us builders end up feeling severely ignored
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I don't want university and never played with it in Sims 3, it was a fun thing to do once but I really can't be bothered to go thru university on every sim.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don't want university and never played with it in Sims 3, it was a fun thing to do once but I really can't be bothered to go thru university on every sim.

Agreed. I get doing courses so that you can get better pay or earn more vacation days or something, but some people seem to think getting a degree shouldn’t be optional and that would make it a huge chore.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,285 Member
    I don't enjoy Island Living. It's a waste of money and time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    I don't like watching Lets Plays

^Same!! It can be interesting for the first 3 minutes, but I seriously can't watch a whole 30-45 minutes of it! :confounded: Boring!
    *No offense to anyone...*

Now Sim Machinima videos that's a different story. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top