Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm going to make builders mad with this but...

moveobjectson is the worst cheat they could have given us access to.

Always has been except for use in Sims 2 - it is a debug option for Sims 2 technically and was not designed for Sims 3 or 4. The most problems i have seen in the game is generally the use of that testing cheat. It was never meant to be left on - and was made to get Sims out of issues and to test things in game under boolprop for DEVS.

I will never put MOO in my game because of the trouble it causes.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    The masculine sneakers in game aren't cute.
    Scobre wrote: »
    I don't like watching Lets Plays
    Me either. I prefer the machinimas which are rare in comparison.

@Scobre I agree I wish there was more machinma out there.
    I like using the highchair. I don't have issues with it. My toddlers often grab food but I like being able to have the parents communicate with the toddlers and ask them to eat. I am pushing 40 and I remember sitting in my highchair at 2 years old.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think a farming expansion would be completely useless.

I agree. Horses are great and all, but the Sims 4 isnt exactly open world and theres a loading screen for everything. More open neighborhoods like Sulani and plenty of open spaces for trotting in, and then we'll talk. Plus, I'm not raising horses on small lots and anything over a 40x30 lot seems to be in short supply. If you're gonna have a farm, you're gonna need large lots. I dont see any need for a farming pack the way the game is now.

Also, I think the hijabs added to the game are ridiculously cute and already a couple of my female sims who have always wore head wraps are rocking it in hijabs.
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
    edited September 2019
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm going to make builders mad with this but...

moveobjectson is the worst cheat they could have given us access to.

If they didn't limit players so much on item placement it probably wouldn't be needed. I'm not a builder myself but I regularly use the bb.moveobjects cheat just because it bothers be how far away from walls items are when placed without the cheat.

I like it too but before I upload a build I do a full playtest to make sure Sims can use objects. I do turn it off sometimes when I want to place an item directly on the grid because moo could cause issues. I noticed in builds where I dl, the builder would use moo and alt to place a desk with a computer. In this instance Sims don't seem to like that and won't use it. At least in my experience. But yes moo allows a lot of ppl to be more creative and use objects in a way that changes the look but in a nice way.
    I don't really care to have horses in ts4 not unless they had a vast amount of space to roam. What I loved about TS3 some of my Sims would travel on horseback from one destination to another. The horses weren't limited.
    Hey I want to apologize for getting off topic earlier. It's not usually how I operate here. Just wanted to address my fellow Simmers.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have nearly 4k hrs of gameplay, but most of my time spent was making new sims in CAS and building a house for them. Once I go to play the game I get bored and exit.

I find the game boring without mods to fix it.

I hate how sims are so quick to get rich. I want them to struggle to put food on the table.

While I think the Pride content over the years is nice, I also think it was done sloppily and half-baked. I have to have a mod to lock in gender preference. I shouldn't have to have a mod for that. I rarely play with Het sims/families. Why am I constantly worried a sim I've decided is gay, will randomly end up with a romance to some girl when I'm not playing his household? Nonsense.

I think Pets were cute, but I hardly have them in my families because they take up a family slot despite the fact you cannot click on them to check ANYTHING about them. I can't even see their ages. What the hell? Why don't my sims know their cats age?

Teenagers looking like adults has messed be up since the game's release and continues to mess me up to this day. Why don't they look like teens??

I wish we had a height slider. At least with a few pre-determined set heights. Yes I know how much work that would be. No, I don't care.

I wish female sims were not favored with CAS items.

This game should have had/shown disabilities from the get go. Deaf sims who sign, blind sims who have a walking stick and who don't need a room nicely decorated, sims in wheelchairs, sims missing limbs who use prosthetics, etc
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    OK let's see...

- I miss the newspaper but I don't miss burglars or the repo man
    - I like laundry
    - I don't like open world; open neighbourhood is good, and is enough for me
    - I really like (and need) to spend most of my time micro-managing my sim's needs, hence why I hate perks/powers/reward traits that affect needs
    - I want nothing to do with generational play/kids in my households; they're all childless couples
    - I like rabbit hole careers the best
    - I want nothing to do with either rags to riches or super wealthy sims; they're all employed full time, and earn moderate incomes
    - I don't like when sims earn too much money (more than about 1,500 per week, per sim) and I don't want them working less than 4 days a week (in other words, I don't like the upper levels in the careers)
    - I liked MFP stuff (until the hamster cage caused an issue where I couldn't save)
    - My favourite time of gameplay is normal, everyday domestic life; typically nothing noteworthy happens, sims just going about real world daily business
    - hate tiny lots/houses/apartments
    - I hate massive lots/houses/apartments: 20x30 is my ideal lot size
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I don't like the way vampires, celebrities and now magic have positive traits and negative traits. I want my vampires and spellcasters to be powerful without weakness.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I don't like the way vampires, celebrities and now magic have positive traits and negative traits. I want my vampires and spellcasters to be powerful without weakness.

Spellcasters don't have weaknesses (other than Charge limit) They are subject to curses if spells and potions fail, but there's a perk that makes them immune.

Otherwise, yes, I agree. (At least Vampires I can pick them. I never get the fun ones with Celebs.)
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    There will always be an article of clothing or a hairstyle , or build mode objects i like in each and every pack. I don't see myself ever skipping out on a sims 4 pack.

On a sidenote: This isnt unpopular but I am Realm Of Magic ready! <3
    Post edited by SageOfGlimmerBrook on
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top