Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could Realm of Magic and University connect?

The fact that the four types are reffered to as "The Schools of Magic" makes me think that University could include a second, smaller campus available only for spellcaster sims if players have the RoM pack. Sims 2 came with more than one campus so I believe it's possible for the Sims Team to include both a regular and a magic school.

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I sure hope so. I so want an Xmen School, a Community College, High School, Jr High School. Elementary, Preschool, Avengers Academy, Justice League School, Supernatural School, etc...
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This would be great... But... I'd rather have it now than in a few months/years :s
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    Oooh, interesting.
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Unlikely. The only do smaller cross-pack features, not something big like another campus. I would love It, but I can see why not. People have been asking for way more than just a university, they want a Get to School with at least one thing for each age group and If the regular University requires a full EP to It, imagine ALL school levels...
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Doubt it
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    mika wrote: »
    The fact that the four types are reffered to as "The Schools of Magic" makes me think that University could include a second, smaller campus available only for spellcaster sims if players have the RoM pack. Sims 2 came with more than one campus so I believe it's possible for the Sims Team to include both a regular and a magic school.

I very much doubt it, only because they tend not to have their DLC interact all that much. In part to avoid "DLC for DLC" accusations, but also because they just try to focus only on how any packs interact with the base game, and not with each other (even when... they should really check... how the packs interact with each other >.>)

Unless they went wayyyyyyy different for a school pack, and school were sort of player-built, with players being able to "add" schools and set what skills they focus on and stuff - in which case they might be intentionally opening the door for a build-your-own-Hogwarts, but that would be a new direction for an education pack, so is entirely in "baseless wild speculation" territory.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't think it will specifically connect, but I'm sure you'll probably be able to include some magic-y builds in your University world when that comes out.

In the live stream yesterday the gurus said "schools of magic" but also tried to correct themselves to say "styles of magic." Kinda like how sim guru ninja mispronounced "familiar" as "fermiliar" to the point where sim guru romeo believed that "familiar" was a word meaning similar and "fermiliar" was the mystical pet that follows your spellcaster around (nope, they're both "Familiar"). Also, romeo accidentally called configurable stairs "spiral stairs" by mistake (which lead some to speculate that EA is working on spiral stairs, but I disagree). My point is, in the stream they said A LOT OF THINGS, many of them were slips of the tongue.

The use of the word "School" doesn't mean University will be directly related to ROM. However, I assume University will be customizable enough that your university can look like Hogwarts.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I would suspect / hope that if we get Universities, and I think we will at some point, and also have RoM then we should be able to have a Magical School, even if we have to build it ourselves. We could even make it on the community lot in Glimmerbrooke if we didn't want to give up a residential building. It would be cute to do. Although a school and a little pub/shop would be great for the students to frequent and then a couple of houses for local magical Sims to live. I can absolutely see it now.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Hmm...an entire new campus might be a bit much for a cross-pack feature, but it would be great if they offered magic options for your program of study
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Packs do not connect like this in Sims 4 its not going to happen every "expansion" that should expand on the base game and other packs has become a mini game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Packs do not connect like this in Sims 4 its not going to happen every "expansion" that should expand on the base game and other packs has become a mini game.

My First Pet Stuff is useless unless you have the Pets EP. Perhaps they could have a Magic School/Education gamepack released in the future that adds onto University and allows us to follow kids and teens to school
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

I very much doubt it, only because they tend not to have their DLC interact all that much. In part to avoid "DLC for DLC" accusations, but also because they just try to focus only on how any packs interact with the base game, and not with each other (even when... they should really check... how the packs interact with each other >.>)

Unless they went wayyyyyyy different for a school pack, and school were sort of player-built, with players being able to "add" schools and set what skills they focus on and stuff - in which case they might be intentionally opening the door for a build-your-own-Hogwarts, but that would be a new direction for an education pack, so is entirely in "baseless wild speculation" territory.

That would be perfect for an Education EP. Its what I'm hoping for even if it's unlikely, as it would allow us to build any kind of school just as we can build any kind of restaurant or retail lot.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'd love a magic school. I would like the option to have multiple universities in a save and customise them so one could be normal and one magic.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That's a really-really big cross patch feature to expect and if they already have sages to learn from I doubt they will have a special area in Uni. I hope not anyway - as much as I love witches I hope they fill out other needs and have more standard classes/careers. Besides it would alienate non-supernatural players to put that much work into something already in game. We know they can learn magic now in many ways in the upcoming pack.
    egTcBMc.png
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I think it's awesome, but I think we'd be more likely to get a spellcaster major instead, with maybe a spellcaster only dorm?
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Since magic isn't a skill think it would be harder for the the two packs to connect.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I would pay even more money for that!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    It could be one university for all fantasy people: vamps, witches, ghosts and mermaids.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2019
    It'd be pretty lovely. Simmers who own GTW could also have an opportunity to let their sims study to become a detective, doctor... or whatever. Simmers who own C&D could let their sims study to be a veterinarian, etc.,....
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Eefje96Eefje96 Posts: 32 Member
    I dont think they Will do that... the focus is then again on the occults and not university itself and al the fun you Can have in your college time
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

That'd be a cool idea. Though I'd doubt they would do that since simmers complain about any and everything. They'd be shouting "DLC for a DLC!?" again. Lol.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It would be nice if we could make our own universities/school including a magic one. But including one in the pack only for those who have ROM would not be fair to those who don’t and yet pay the same price.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I'd love this but .. I hate to say it like this cause I play this game a lot and I love it, but well, it is a TS4 EP. And TS4 EPs just don't come that packed with content - let alone cross-pack content. But if they did do this, I'd hug them to pieces :joy:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    It would be nice if we could make our own universities/school including a magic one. But including one in the pack only for those who have ROM would not be fair to those who don’t and yet pay the same price.

Yess! I was wondering about this too - a "make your own school" pack would be so neat. Where you could create your own courses using all the features from all the stuff we have. A gardening school, a magical school, a vampire school, a cooking/restaurant school, an arts school for painters/writers/photographers/actors, .... ahhh the possibilities xD Again, I doubt it, but I think we'd all love it!
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    Plot twist university comes in november