Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims can now drown while riding an Aqua Zip!

Can a guru please explain this to me? How in the world can a Sim drown while riding an Aqua Zip??

Comments

• keekee53 wrote: »
    Can a guru please explain this to me? How in the world can a Sim drown while riding an Aqua Zip??

There have been real life occurrences of people going out on Jet Ski's only to lose control and drown. There was something that happened like that recently.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »

There have been real life occurrences of people going out on Jet Ski's only to lose control and drown. There was something that happened like that recently.

Well I hope they added animation for something like that. I really don't want my Sim to be zipping along on my Aquazip and BAM get a message I drowned...LOL This feels like a bad idea in the making.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sounds interesting.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I assume they can fall off it and drown? I'm not sure I like this change but I can deal with it.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Its kinda cool. Adds a risk factor. Plus, drowning only happens when the sim is low on energy, so maybe that’s how aqua zip drowning works too
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    Trust me I like the risk factor because this game could use some surprises. I will, however, have a problem if there is no animation letting me know this is going to happen. I don't want to get a message saying your sim has drowned for no good reason.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    So the aquazip could be considered dangerous now?

:naughty: Ghehehehehe
    5vJrxmT.png
    Anyways, I would appreciate a guru explaining what they mean by Sims can now drown while riding an Aquazip.

@SimGuruRomeo please explain since you are the one who wrote the patch notes.
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    The exclamation mark in the patch notes made me laugh. Only in the Sims is a new way to drown a cause for enthusiastic punctuation. :D
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
    The exclamation mark in the patch notes made me laugh. Only in the Sims is a new way to drown a cause for enthusiastic punctuation. :D

Right...LOL So much excitement around sim death.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Personally, I don't want any more ways for my beloved Sims to die!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    Personally, I don't want any more ways for my beloved Sims to die!

I surely don't want this if my sim is just going to drown with no warning on an Aquazip. I don't mind a surprise death but this seem ridiculous without an animation of your sim falling off or something like that.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    The more ways to drown my Sims, the better! :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    So a cowplant can't kill you unless it eats you twice, you can't get electrocuted unless it happens twice, you get warnings for elder exhaustion, but Sims who can all swim by default can die on an Aqua Zip? Does it require crashing it twice?
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    So a cowplant can't kill you unless it eats you twice, you can't get electrocuted unless it happens twice, you get warnings for elder exhaustion, but Sims who can all swim by default can die on an Aqua Zip? Does it require crashing it twice?

I am still trying to figure out the answer to that. I asked a guru to respond. Maybe someone can bring it up at the live stream tomorrow LOL
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Interesting. I might use a random townie to test it out just in case; but I suppose if they crash or flip it over they can drown. I never really used them before to really know how they can drown. Can they fall off them? Is it part of a skill that determines if they crash or not?
    edited September 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Interesting. I might use a random townie to test it out just in case; but I suppose if they crash or flip it over they can drown. I never really used them before to really know how they can drown. Can they fall off them? Is it part of a skill that determines if they crash or not?

I have no idea. That is why I wanted a guru to answer. I would love it if they can but as I said I don't want a random message saying my sim drowned. Let me know if you find out during your test.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Good point. Maybe someone will upload the new death to YouTube.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I really like that they implemented this. I like the idea that something "bad" can actually happen. This game is far too happy so it's a nice change to see them add some risks and some danger. But I totally respect and understand those that don't like this change. We all play different. I just love the element of bad things happening once in awhile, the unexpected.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Hey, I was bored and decided to try it out with Makoa
    I had him ride around for a night, but nothing happened while he was normally riding. So, since drowning only happens when energy level is low in the water, I had him go around more until his energy was in red
    739dc72045b072fcd163d01c552f8735.jpg
    then I slowed it to normal speed and watched him zip around

Unfortunately guys, no new animation, he teleported off the aquazip and decided to drown in the water ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    b18bb947a434882830d55504a9d6196f.png
    98698b6da682e60093534afc3fb32d90.png
    @Marnetti was on the money 👌

Don't let your tired sims play with the aquazip if you don't want them teleporting into the water to die, gang!

As for skills, I'm not sure if fitness would play a role in this since drowning is only related to energy level (from what I know, at least)--Makoa didn't gain any more fitness from riding the aquazip so I'm not sure if it makes an impact on it at all.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited September 2019
    Just teleporting? That's a little lame. Not to mention a bit immersion-breaking. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have another risk in the game. But still, lame.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So they teleport off the aqua zip to drown... why does Sims 4 have to be so bad could not even animate them falling off.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    A text message isn't even comical. It just.... fails. Maybe it's me, but I don't see what's fun about it.
    I do, however like it when unexpected (truly) comical thing happen - as long as it isn't every five minutes or something.
    This just sort of seems to miss the point of it all.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Just teleporting? That's a little lame. Not to mention a bit immersion-breaking. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we have another risk in the game. But still, lame.

yeah, it really was
    When he suddenly stopped riding to teleport, I thought it was just because I didn't queue up another ride, but I got the notification that he was dying from drowning so :/
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    So they teleport off the aqua zip to drown... why does Sims 4 have to be so bad could not even animate them falling off.

I mean, they didn't even animate then getting on the aquazip so
    I don't know why an animation of them slipping off the aquazip would be possible
    :pensive:
    Cement wrote: »
    Hey, I was bored and decided to try it out with Makoa
    I had him ride around for a night, but nothing happened while he was normally riding. So, since drowning only happens when energy level is low in the water, I had him go around more until his energy was in red
    739dc72045b072fcd163d01c552f8735.jpg
    then I slowed it to normal speed and watched him zip around

Unfortunately guys, no new animation, he teleported off the aquazip and decided to drown in the water ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    b18bb947a434882830d55504a9d6196f.png
    98698b6da682e60093534afc3fb32d90.png
    @Marnetti was on the money 👌

Don't let your tired sims play with the aquazip if you don't want them teleporting into the water to die, gang!

As for skills, I'm not sure if fitness would play a role in this since drowning is only related to energy level (from what I know, at least)--Makoa didn't gain any more fitness from riding the aquazip so I'm not sure if it makes an impact on it at all.

wow...ugh to the teleport. I wish they would have added an animation, well at least I got an answer to my question. Thank you @Cement for taking the time to do this :)