Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

has anyone’s mermaids successfully drowned a sim?

Comments

• JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    After the way ea dialed back aliens and vampires I figured mermaids would be rated g. I really am beginning to think the 9 year old at EA Play is the target age for this game these days.
  • Cassandra52182Cassandra52182 Posts: 525 Member
    I've tried for an actual hour to drown a sim, talking to him while he's exhausted, siren calling, calling a threat from the deep, and nothing worked, that sim just wouldn't drown.
    yqCsdo8.gif
  • navystylznavystylz Posts: 7 New Member
    Well this is why we have modders. Think I will take a break from actually playing the pack until modders get at it.

What's needed:

- A mod to control your tail so you can choose when you go in/out of mer form AND ACTUALLY GET TO USE THE FRIGGIN LADDERS!!! How did this gross oversight even make it into the finished version??
    - Make the drown ability actually drown
    - Make mer powers actually feel like powers. Like a Siren's song should be complete and utter charm of a sim.
    - Immunity to cold and drowning would be nice.
    - Not needed but would be fun. Bit more weather control. Like a lightning strike on a sim.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    navystylz wrote: »
    Well this is why we have modders. Think I will take a break from actually playing the pack until modders get at it.

What's needed:

- A mod to control your tail so you can choose when you go in/out of mer form AND ACTUALLY GET TO USE THE FRIGGIN LADDERS!!! How did this gross oversight even make it into the finished version??
    - Make the drown ability actually drown
    - Make mer powers actually feel like powers. Like a Siren's song should be complete and utter charm of a sim.
    - Immunity to cold and drowning would be nice.
    - Not needed but would be fun. Bit more weather control. Like a lightning strike on a sim.
    Seconded.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Cassandra52182 several simmers have noticed that pulling a sim underwater actually sets their needs to a specific point, so if they're below that point (ie, about to drown), pulling them under actually saves them. it's...frustrating

hence my mentioning of the indirect drowning... pulling the sim under, then keeping them talking until they drown, though they're not always cooperative
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    nope and i do not kill sims in game i much prefer seeing sims living forever in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Ok. I have discovered it's real benefit.
    When mermaid uses siren's call to pull sims underwater, victim's needs go down to orange/red while mermaid's needs get filled up to the max.
    So it's an evil way to max out mermaid's needs without cheats.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i finally had my 'evil' conservationist mermaid (well...merman) 'drown' a sim... or, really, he went out for a swim with the guy, pulled him under with the ability and then kept talking to him until he drowned from exhaustion. kept interrupting the guy's attempts to swim away to start another argument...

it was... time consuming but at least there's now this in the water near his volcano house:
    5ef41d50a32344a0b60c4ef9f05b5c17.png

Yeah well, if that actually works the gurus are going to read this and I'd expect a patch to "fix" this so it doesn't work. I honestly don't understand why this game is rated T, it is honestly rated E considering how bland everything is.

• RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    edited June 2019
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    After the way ea dialed back aliens and vampires I figured mermaids would be rated g. I really am beginning to think the 9 year old at EA Play is the target age for this game these days.

Which is amusing, considering it's rated Teen.
  • LizzyMacTownieLizzyMacTownie Posts: 31 Member
    I really wish there was a 'danger' option in game like the life span selector so they could default to the typical g rating but if someone wanted to play with more risk from supernaturals or death in general, they could dial it up. Like a hard mode.
    I really wish there was a 'danger' option in game like the life span selector so they could default to the typical g rating but if someone wanted to play with more risk from supernaturals or death in general, they could dial it up. Like a hard mode.

I agree. Players should have an option to set the game difficulty.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Could mermaids lure the sharks over or get the Sims to swim over the sharks? There's a huge one below the water that pulls Sims down to their deaths.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Dialed back vampires? Do you have any idea how many sims my vampires have killed?
    Simburian wrote: »
    Could mermaids lure the sharks over or get the Sims to swim over the sharks? There's a huge one below the water that pulls Sims down to their deaths.

I don't think so...
    And can you please explain about the huge shark? I haven't heard about it before. I have seen a shark swim by many times, all of them were harmless. Those made my sims tense (unless they had Child of Ocean train, then they became happy from the harmless shark).
  • Blåhundviking00Blåhundviking00 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="OEII1001;c-17133093"][quote="JACKIEJOY;c-17129623"]After the way ea dialed back aliens and vampires I figured mermaids would be rated g. I really am beginning to think the 9 year old at EA Play is the target age for this game these days.[/quote]

Dialed back vampires? Do you have any idea how many sims my vampires have killed?[/quote]

You realize vampires have a hard time killing sims sure its possible but they can't directly kill a sim just by over feeding I'm starting to get really annoyed with EA this game isn't for kids it's for teens and adults yet they act as if its rated E. Wish they made it possible to have a m rated sims so we could directly kill a sim directly by over feeding or just draining them fully I almost got this dlc just so I could kill a sim now I dont know. If they made this m would be such a better game.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited September 2019
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Dialed back vampires? Do you have any idea how many sims my vampires have killed?

You realize vampires have a hard time killing sims sure its possible but they can't directly kill a sim just by over feeding I'm starting to get really annoyed with EA this game isn't for kids it's for teens and adults yet they act as if its rated E. Wish they made it possible to have a m rated sims so we could directly kill a sim directly by over feeding or just draining them fully I almost got this dlc just so I could kill a sim now I dont know. If they made this m would be such a better game.

Right? I agree, no need to make M rated for that though. Movies, TV shows, games and other media rated for teen do have violence, murder, etc. I've seen so many gruesome shows rated for teens, apparently they're ready to be exposed to this kind of things according to the competent organs making those ratings. They could make non graphic killing easily on this game and stay T rate, they've done it in the past, TS2 used to have a crude humor and kids played it, death isn't even shocking in the Sims, its light hearted. They won't do it not because they can't but because they don't want to, it clashes with their current vision for the game. Don't get me wrong, I like the wholesome vibe the Sims have, but it's just not fun to have stuff taken away for no good reason.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Livinity wrote: »

Right? I agree, no need to make M rated for that though. Movies, TV shows, games and other media rated for teen do have violence, murder, etc. I've seen so much gruesome shows rated for teens, apparently they're ready to be exposed to this kind of things according to the competent organs making those ratings. They could make non graphic killing easily on this game and stay T rate, they've done it in the past, TS2 used to have a crude humor and kids played it, death isn't even shocking in the Sims, its light hearted. They won't do it not because they can't but because they don't want to, it clashes with their current vision for the game. Don't get me wrong, I like the wholesome vibe the Sims have, but it's just not fun to have stuff taken away for no good reason.

If you never had it - it was never taken away.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    edited September 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Livinity wrote: »

Right? I agree, no need to make M rated for that though. Movies, TV shows, games and other media rated for teen do have violence, murder, etc. I've seen so much gruesome shows rated for teens, apparently they're ready to be exposed to this kind of things according to the competent organs making those ratings. They could make non graphic killing easily on this game and stay T rate, they've done it in the past, TS2 used to have a crude humor and kids played it, death isn't even shocking in the Sims, its light hearted. They won't do it not because they can't but because they don't want to, it clashes with their current vision for the game. Don't get me wrong, I like the wholesome vibe the Sims have, but it's just not fun to have stuff taken away for no good reason.

If you never had it - it was never taken away.

We used to, in past games Sims could directly kill each other. One way or another it's a option taken away from us, not everyone wants to play this way but for the ones who do, there's no good reason to not make it possible.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    None of my mermaids have successsfully killed another sim, until I had to make them part of my household. I had to do it though as I had written part of my story, and she was evil and had to witness a death for her aspiration, mmm never done that before
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    With the help of a mod, barely use it but still like the option.
  • NeverBirdNeverBird Posts: 17 Member
    nope. Even tried to force it one day, grouping up with a random sim and swimming out to a spot with the longest way back to land.
    Thought that, as the gurus said, we cant directly kill other sims that way but they will drown of moodlets and need decay and stuff... so i thought..

I think my sim pulled that poor townie under 4-5 times, everytime he would try to swim back i placed a ''swim here together'' and disallow him to shore. but nope. gave up in the end.
    tumblr_ou0vobCmeH1s7rf3bo1_400.gif
    That is because @NeverBird that as, it was explained to me a little while ago, once you do the main actions, pull under summon ocean threat etc it takes the sims needs to a fixed red value, if you wait a little and then do it again, it actually raises the needs back to the default red value (In other words, raising them a little) hope that makes sense.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • NeverBirdNeverBird Posts: 17 Member
    > @Dglbr1969 said:
    > That is because @NeverBird that as, it was explained to me a little while ago, once you do the main actions, pull under summon ocean threat etc it takes the sims needs to a fixed red value, if you wait a little and then do it again, it actually raises the needs back to the default red value (In other words, raising them a little) hope that makes sense.

It actually does make sense :D thanks.
    Still a bummer though :/ I get why we as players maaaaybe would need a mod to directly kill another sim and so. But as they write with the ROM pack, cant kill sims but maybe others can walk into a fire you make, then i dont get why this is so restricted :P
    tumblr_ou0vobCmeH1s7rf3bo1_400.gif
    Considering I remember people saying their sims were dying of embarrassment, filth, laughter etc all the time, I thought, thank goodness that never happened to me, but the minute I need or want to do it, nudda lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    It took me like 7 tries as it only decreases the sims needs. My mermaid carried on doing it then he eventually had no needs then drowned.