Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic & The Skeleton Key(?)

I'm using a different style of magic for R.O.M in my game ... THE SKELETON KEY was one of my favorite movies & New Orleans is one of my favorite places to visit therefore i want to mimic off of that... the whole New Orleans/ the swamps /bayous ..rainy ..Formerly haunted houses... French quarters / historic and unique architectural style homes..food..music...funerals festive type of vibe,

Editing all the lots that i can from R.O,M Maybe use another world as well that complaints my vision to have that New Orleans/ Madi Gras appeal ...voodoo /hoodoo magic.. sims are being cursed or spells placed on them for whatever reason ...

sims who practice and dabble in that sort of magic will have their own shops where sims can go to get these spells removed/ protect themselves or place a spell on another... Palms can be read revealing secrets ect,,, generational legacy secrets and curses are being challenged and revealed.

on a side note I can find out WHO CURSED STRANGERVILLE :D

Are you going a different direction with your magic? or Whats your vision?

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    My style of Magic takes the form of Once Upon a Time, Merlin, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, The Legend of Zelda and the Elder Scrolls. among other TV Shows and Video Games, but those are more lenient towards other life states like Werwolves.

So I Have two saves where magic is heavily influenced. "Briarheart" is the title of my Medieval Fantasy save. "Briarwood" is the title of my Modern Fantasy save.

Basically I've Set up the Kingdom of Briarheart, (Sort of has this Medieval France, England, Ireland, and, Italy vibe to it).
    A Great Kingdom of Strength, Wisdom, and Courage.
    I Have Delre Castle, 50%-75% completed, just trying to figure out what I want the West Wing and South Wing to look like. The North Wing (Throne room) and East Wing (Mage's Library and Tower) pretty much all set.

I Have the Crown and the Royal Family Set up great and powerful Kings and Queens of their time.
    The Knights and the Mages that provide Protection, Justice, and Balance.

My Sorcerers, Archmage Daerick and his brother Lord Kaegan lead the Mages Council of Briarheart, They uphold the King's Decree's on magic and make sure the King's laws are fair and not too strict, but safe. Daerick holds the a Position on the King's council where he is one of his Advisors.
    They also are Knowledge Seekers, Keepers of all Legends and Lore (Magic, Werewolves, Vampires, Mermaids etc), Chroniclers, maintain Culture and traditional rites, like Coronations, Baptisms, Initiations, Funerals.

The Knights of Briarheart, lead by The Captain of The King's Guard Lord Christoph Hogarth He also holds Vast Lands to the West and supplies most of the Kingdom's food source. The Knights Fight for, and Defend the realm against malignant forces magical and Mortal. Often the Knights and the Mages butt heads, but they also work together as a great team when it really matters dire circumstances and the Kingdom is in Danger. The Mages often help figure out a way to defeat the enemy, and the Knights execute the maneuver. The Mages also help the Knights out by enchanting their armor, Shields, and weapons.
    Hopefully blacksmithing will be added, and woodworking will get an Upgrade one day. I'd like to craft that stuff, and Hopefully Archery and Sword fighting/Fencing Skills will be linked to it.

But as of right now, The Mages are the focus, Basically create a feudalistic society and see how Clubs can work when it comes to creating social groups, in terms of a Monarchy, Nobility, the Mages, The Knights, and everyone else

I'm not going to create any Magic Shops or anything. those who seek magic, Prophecies, or just a cup of tea, or a glass of Wine and Good Advice will ought to seek my Sorcerers, the Archmage Daerick and Lord Kaegan who are like the Male Ursula, and Merlin of My Story. Since their magic is the most reliable.

But I can't wait to start doing adventures and collecting artifacts lore books, again.

As for the Actual Realm of Magic, I'm thinking of turning the Realm into a Prison. One of my sorcerers has dark ambitions and will be banished from the Kingdom of Briarheart for treason. I'll call the Realm of Magic, the Realm of Darkness. Somehow figure out how to block the portal so he can't escape. I have to make a copy of his home, and make a Darker More Ominous version of his home in ruins in the Realm of Magic.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    My style of Magic takes the form of Once Upon a Time, Merlin, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and Legend of Zelda.

Basically I've Set up the Kingdom of Briarheart, (Sort of has this Medieval France, England, Ireland, and, Italy vibe to it).
    A Great Kingdom of Strength, Wisdom, and Courage.
    I Have Delre Castle, 50%-75% completed, just trying to figure out what I want the West Wing and South Wing to look like. The North Wing (Throne room) and East Wing (Mage's Library and Tower) pretty much all set.

I Have the Crown and the Royal Family Set up great and powerful Kings and Queens of their time.
    The Knights and the Mages that provide Protection, Justice, and Balance.

My Sorcerers, Archmage Daerick and his brother Lord Kaegan lead the Mages Council of Briarheart, They uphold the King's Decree's on magic and make sure the King's laws are fair and not too strict, but safe. Daerick holds the a Position on the King's council where he is one of his Advisors.

:o<3 Amazing i am truly impressed and also a fan of medieval .... i would love to read more :)

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    My style is probably closer to Avatar the Last Airbender or jutus like in Naruto and bending the elements. Which is why I am happy we can our hands as it would be much closer to that. Also can create an Alchemist.
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    My style is probably closer to Avatar the Last Airbender or jutus like in Naruto and bending the elements. Which is why I am happy we can our hands as it would be much closer to that. Also can create an Alchemist.

Excellent movie and idea ....yes, you would definitely need the hands to be spot on i'm so glad we can do both.

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    brsy wrote: »

Excellent movie and idea ....yes, you would definitely need the hands to be spot on i'm so glad we can do both.

last-airbender.jpg?w=700

They mean the wuxia American Anime Avatar The Last Airbender not the Scifi film about blue aliens and a planet that exists in perfect symbiosis.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    If I even bother with it, would try for an Arthurian/Merlin, Middle Earth kind of thing along the traditional lines. Maybe a dab of D&D. Right now this pack strikes me as more lege de main than tying in to the supernatural.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm going to go full-on crazy magic lifestyle. It'll have Harry Potter elements, and a whole lot more. Just mostly Harry Potter, because it's my favorite and I'm currently re-reading the Sorcerers (or Philosophers depending on where your from) Stone for about the 14th time.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    From what I've read so far (and I'll get more confirmation on Friday I'm sure) the sort of magic I'd want to do isn't mechanically supported. But I didn't expect it to.
    Still, I'm sure I can maneuver what I'm given into something suitably World of Darkness-ish. Might necessitate some required cheats, but hey, I already need to do that with my vampires.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

last-airbender.jpg?w=700

They mean the wuxia American Anime Avatar The Last Airbender not the Scifi film about blue aliens and a planet that exists in perfect symbiosis.

Yes, this.
    WolfNate wrote: »

last-airbender.jpg?w=700

aahhh ok o:) yanno what? i was torn i like both however i just leaned more towards the film ....thanks
    I'm going to go full-on crazy magic lifestyle. It'll have Harry Potter elements, and a whole lot more. Just mostly Harry Potter, because it's my favorite and I'm currently re-reading the Sorcerers (or Philosophers depending on where your from) Stone for about the 14th time.

i can't wait to see all of the variations harry potter will be portrayed i'm sure it will be many and each with own unique twist.
    <3
    If I even bother with it, would try for an Arthurian/Merlin, Middle Earth kind of thing along the traditional lines. Maybe a dab of D&D. Right now this pack strikes me as more lege de main than tying in to the supernatural.

good idea as well but i take it you're not really feeling this pack?
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    From what I've read so far (and I'll get more confirmation on Friday I'm sure) the sort of magic I'd want to do isn't mechanically supported. But I didn't expect it to.
    Still, I'm sure I can maneuver what I'm given into something suitably World of Darkness-ish. Might necessitate some required cheats, but hey, I already need to do that with my vampires.

<3 what's mainly needed in the pack for you to be able to dive all the way in fully?

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited September 2019

<3 what's mainly needed in the pack for you to be able to dive all the way in fully?

In terms of what I'd need the magic system to do, or in terms of faking it? Because the Mage magic system is just way to complicated and flexible for a computer system to emulate it at this time. (We're probably talking several gigs of programming, animations and effects) It might be possible in a dedicated game, but not as an add on to a life simulator.

In terms of how I'd fake it, I'll have to see the specifics to be sure, but I'll probably cheat on traits that are "expected" for the different paths of Mages (I'm looking at New World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness, not old/classic WoD, so not using the Traditions) so that I don't "waste" a spot and have all mages on a given path essentially be the same.

In terms of what I'd need the magic system to do, or in terms of faking it? Because the Mage magic system is just way to complicated and flexible for a computer system to emulate it at this time. (We're probably talking several gigs of programming, animations and effects) It might be possible in a dedicated game, but not as an add on to a life simulator.

In terms of how I'd fake it, I'll have to see the specifics to be sure, but I'll probably cheat on traits that are "expected" for the different paths of Mages (I'm looking at New World of Darkness/Chronicles of Darkness, not old/classic WoD, so not using the Traditions) so that I don't "waste" a spot and have all mages on a given path essentially be the same.

ah ok i understand now i would love to see more of what you will do with it sounds interesting...

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I think I want to see what is in the pack before I decide too much :)

Since my husband and I have our own gaming computers I usually play my game offline and test through mods and cc on his. I play without internet long stretches of time when I don’t feel like checking things out or when the forum found a extra irritating set of bugs. How I usually do it is to create a few new households that get to test out the new content. New skills, traits and so forth.

I know I want to do something with the different schools of magic. I know that Glimmer will have sims wearing CC from Sims Medieval, WoW and Dragon Age. Trying to keep that world as low-tech as possible. Have a few sims prepared so they will test combinations of traits and schools of magic. Then I will create a set of magical townies that blend into the world and lives in other places than Glimmer. Build lots for the new world or modify existing ones.

Want to see what I can do to get some rivalry going between the spellcasters and the vampires in my game. Have some ideas, spellcasters being able to live for ever is a contender because my vampires would like be the only ones that stick around but I cannot decide too much in advance since I don’t know how it works. Is it a spell or a potion. Can everyone do it easily or is it knowledge that you have to work for.

So I will update my own game after I got my new major spellcasters done, lore that suits the new magical abilities, townies and lots, mods and CC checked too of course. It is fun to tinker away, trying and testing and then when I am happy it hits my game in full force.