Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino stuff pack out on the 3rd of September on consoles

2...Next

Comments

• adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    So because the console version is a PC port, any problems on PC is ported over to console? That's ridiculous.
    2quwd7.gif

• Suzi84Suzi84 Posts: 4 New Member
    What time is the pack released for console? …I maybe woke up early to download it. 😶
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    So because the console version is a PC port, any problems on PC is ported over to console? That's ridiculous.

That’s exactly what happens. Console has the restaurant bug pc had, console has the speed 3 bug pc has, console had the vampire bug pc had, it had the maternity leave issue pc had, the bonfire leaf problem, the career bugs, the lunch box bug and the simulation lag pc has.

So it will have the moschino bugs too.
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I am looking forward to this pack, there are a few clothing items, that should look good for my Sim. I am going to create a art studio on a retail lot and sell my photos to the public.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Is the tripod causing anybody's game to crash or freeze on consoles? Curious to see if the bug was passed down to the consoles.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    edited September 2019
    Is the tripod causing anybody's game to crash or freeze on consoles? Curious to see if the bug was passed down to the consoles.

Yeah.. :/ second time trying to use the tripod I froze. Super disappointing considering it's the one feature out out the last 4 packs announced/released I have been excited about.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    So... Can we not rotate the camera angles with the tripod on console?
    Melmack wrote: »
    So... Can we not rotate the camera angles with the tripod on console?

You can but I wouldn't know how on the controller. On pc it's wasd keys I believe.
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 200 Member
    how is the pack otherwise? worth getting?

Yes bugs aside I recommend this pack especially for the tripod and poses. The tripod will be fixed at some point. It has a timer on it too. With this pack you can zoom in real close to your sims when their posing.
    While I can't wait for my Sims to take proper photos of each other, and family portraits, what I do want is for them to come out exactly as they were taken. So if I make sure the Sim is perfectly centered within the frame, I don't want to see them off-centre in the actual photo.
    2quwd7.gif

While I can't wait for my Sims to take proper photos of each other, and family portraits, what I do want is for them to come out exactly as they were taken. So if I make sure the Sim is perfectly centered within the frame, I don't want to see them off-centre in the actual photo.

That has to do with your console settings.
  • Suzi84Suzi84 Posts: 4 New Member
    [quote="Melmack;c-17228881"]So... Can we not rotate the camera angles with the tripod on console? [/quote]

On PS4 it’s R3 to rotate the camera. L3 shows all of the controls if you click it while you’re on the camera.
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 200 Member

Yes bugs aside I recommend this pack especially for the tripod and poses. The tripod will be fixed at some point. It has a timer on it too. With this pack you can zoom in real close to your sims when their posing.

Do you and others use the phone or the actual camera? i always take pictures with my phone, as its available right away.
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I downloaded this pack and there are some neat clothing, I am liking the fashion photography career. While taking a picture, I was unable to go back into my game and had to hard reset. Super annoying. Need to work on uploading my photos to the client. I find that my sim stands too close to the subject so I need to figure out how to get some distance. If I upgrade my camera, will I be able to zoom out more?

Do you and others use the phone or the actual camera? i always take pictures with my phone, as its available right away.

I mainly use cameras especially now for the tripod. Also with the phone you cant get large pictures.
    edited September 2019
    ZzMANzZ wrote: »
    I downloaded this pack and there are some neat clothing, I am liking the fashion photography career. While taking a picture, I was unable to go back into my game and had to hard reset. Super annoying. Need to work on uploading my photos to the client. I find that my sim stands too close to the subject so I need to figure out how to get some distance. If I upgrade my camera, will I be able to zoom out more?

If you used the tripod that's why your game froze. It got passed down from pc. It's a bug.
    I had issues last night. The game froze while taking a photo, but not while using the tripod. It was while using the square-shaped expensive camera that was in the "Get To Work" pack I believe. This issue has been in the game for quite some time now. You'd think the developers would've fixed this issue before now.

Also, I went to take a photo last night and perfectly centred the Sim in the frame yet the final photo had them off-centre. I hate this! There's nothing wrong with my console's settings. It's set up just fine.
    2quwd7.gif

• Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I've downloaded the pack, but it's not showing up in-game, it says it's installed but at the same time in the menu it says it's not 😒
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    I've downloaded the pack, but it's not showing up in-game, it says it's installed but at the same time in the menu it says it's not 😒

That's a weird one.

I found this thread on a possible fix if you are on ps4. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/The-Sims-4-DlC-on-PS4-not-showing/td-p/6629265 I couldn't find anything like this for xbox.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member

That's a weird one.

I found this thread on a possible fix if you are on ps4. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/The-Sims-4-DlC-on-PS4-not-showing/td-p/6629265 I couldn't find anything like this for xbox.

Thanks! It's sorted now, had to redownload it and restart my console 😅
    What I've also noticed is that when using a normal camera to take a photo, without the new tripod, is that the same poses show up regardless of which category is chosen.

I tried using the new tripod last night and my Sim got some nice flirty shots of her muse that got put up on her wall. Didn't freeze luckily. It seems you have to quickly enter the camera and get what you want. If you go back into camera view after a short time, that's when it freezes. Also, how do you put photos in that frame that holds three?
    2quwd7.gif

Same issue on pc. The game has froze with me just using the camera and not the tripod. It will freeze quicker on the tripod though.