Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Sims 3 Store and Registering

I have a quick question on, as the topic states, SimPoints and registering. I read that the Sims 3 site (with the sims store) gives simpoints when you register your EPs and SPs.

I bought the disc version of all of my EPs and SPs, and recently registered all of them onto the Sims 3 site. I did not receive simpoints for them, nor are they showing up on "My Page." Earlier this year, I finally got around to buying Monte Vista through the sims store. I got my 1000 points for that, and it shows up.

Do you only get simpoints (and acknowledgment on the My Page) for online purchases, not the discs?

It's not a pressing issue. I was just curious.

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask.

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    I believe the free simpoints that we get for registering a game is only for the base game and World Adventures. Of course some of the store worlds give out points as well, some of the standard worlds give out 100 while some of the gold worlds give out 1900 points so that the players can buy the premium content that goes with the world. Example: Roaring Heights - Gold gives out 1900 simpoints so the player can spend it on the boardwalk if they want that in their game.

I have all of the disks for my Sims 3 games and they all show up on my page. I just don't have the Katy Perry Sweet Treats SP and the Diesel SP for my game. If they're not showing up at the moment, then you might need to wait a little bit for them to show up. And if they don't, you could get help from customer support.
  • Options
    Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Thank you for your explanation. It was just a random question/curiosity that I had.
    Back to browsing for me. :)