Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted CC still shows up in game..

I know there are many forums following this topic, I've done everything that has been suggested under the concern but certain CC such as jinglestark's bucket hat and kylie jenner inspired clothes (unsure where they came from) stay in the game no matter what I do.

I know how to uninstall sims3packs from the launcher as well as how to delete package files. Most of the CC I delete does delete but certain ones like the ones listed have stayed. I deleted the original files from my game ages ago so they are no longer on my laptop.
I know there is a problem with CC sticking to sims, I've tried moving my saved sims folder else where and starting a game but the CC is still there.

Any solutions? :s

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited September 2019
    There are 4 places cc can be, either installed through the launcher (which installs it into dbc files in your dccache folder), or in a mods folder, or package files that are in a sim file. There's also the dcbackup folder.

If you've taken the sim files out and the cc still shows up, that takes care of that one. You know how to delete package files so I'm assuming it's not in your mods folder. (Unless it's merged?)

Have you checked your dcbackup folder? When you install anything through the launcher, official store content or cc, it puts a package file into the dcbackup folder. It could be there. Move all those files out (except for ccmerged) and see if the cc still shows up. I don't think these files will show up in game but they will definitely go along for the ride if you upload something and there's a bad file in there that attaches itself to everything you upload. So...

The third option is most likely - it was installed through your launcher. It could be that you have so much installed in your dccache folder that the launcher can't read all of it. Move your ebc files from dccache folder and plop them somewhere safe (that's your store content), and go through the launcher and see if you can find the stuff you want to uninstall. If you still don't see it, start checking your dbc files one at a time. You'll have to rename them to dcdb0.dbc one at a time for the launcher to recognize them.

Just a side note, when you uninstall the content from the launcher, it's still there, it's just that the launcher won't recognize it anymore.
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • AnkieACAnkieAC Posts: 24 Member
    @ZeeGee Thanks for responding! Actually, I just moved my sims file onto the desktop so a new one would reboot and then re-downloaded the cc I had in the original file and it worked :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Well that's the easiest way to do it!