Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they were doing a major free update, what would you want to see?

Comments

• GooseyGoosey Posts: 317 Member
    edited May 2022

Post edited by Goosey on

Gentlemen, from this day forward... you will all refer to me by the name... Betty... myahhahah!
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Attraction system! We need likes and dislikes, turn offs and turn ons to make sims more diverse from each other.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Babies are definitely at the top of the list. But I'd also love interests back as well as fears, turn offs/ons and basically anything similar that might have more variety on our sims personalities and impact how they interact with one another. It's the little details like that that I'd love to see make a comeback in an update, it's not as if you'd need a new pack for any of them.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    It may have been mentioned already in this thread but: bringing back the events that were timed and are no longer available, like the Millie Bobby Brown challenge, so that everyone has the chance to complete them.
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    bunk beds, cars, firemen, police, burglars, open world, actual scuba diving, houseboats
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    "Sort" options for

- sim inventory
    - household inventory
    - lists of sims for travel / events / relationship panel (sort by surname, first name, relationship levels)

Better conversations

- "discuss [emotion] mood" could tell you why they have that mood (someone died, they had a bad holiday, they just got engaged, they're cold]
    - talking about family could actually tell you about their family (the sims has kids, is divorced, etc)
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Add "Invite X's household to hang out".
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    Add "Invite X's household to hang out".

Yes!!!

Oh, while we're on invites - being able to accept an invitation to go hang out with someone without having to join the sim while they go hang out. Sometimes I'll be potty training a toddler or something and a kid's friend or whatever will invite them over and I want to be like "yeah, she's finished her homework, she can go out with her friend" except if I click "accept" it'll interrupt everything all my other sims are doing.

I have the option to send sims to work alone. They can get invited out to rabbit hole events alone, or volunteer alone. I can even follow them to the event and then switch which sim I'm controlling to go back "home" as the player and play my other sims, but I can't just send them to social events alone and stay with the sims I'm currently focused on!

I know "more options for rabbit holes" is an odd request, but while I would also, of course, love "active" versions of just about every career and event in the game (because of course I would) sometimes I also want rabbit hole versions, and that seems like a much easier ask of the devs.

Yes, the household wife/mother can go hang out with her sister-in-law at a dance party, because dad has the kids covered tonight, but no, I don't want to go with because I'm focused on said kids! Let her go, let the AI raise her relationship with some folks and give her a little dance skill, and send her home without me having to abandon my current tasks on the home lot.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Unique Sim personalities, traits that work and actual negative consequence. I can't play more than 30 minutes before being bored.
    Also - I'd really like an update on all occult toddlers and children. It's really disappointing how little it matters if your kid is an alien or vampire or whatever. The confirmation that "doesn't do anything until teen" is happening again with spellcasters is reminding me how sad I was that we can't have mer-kids.

Like, imagine a little "aquarium" bassinet with a little merbaby in it, a toddler who - even if they don't have any new animations or abilities! - has a little tail when playing in the water. And kids with a few lesser mermaid powers. Same for vampires (at least vampires and aliens can have special bassinets, though IDK if it's a glitch or not but my game if you don't buy them before the kid is born, they'll always be in the default one :/ ). Like even if child vampires don't burn in the sun (fine), it'd be neat if daylight made them uncomfortable. Even if child mermaids can't do a mermaid kiss ('cause, gross), they could still have a tail and sing.

Even if it was just little things, it would be a nice touch. It's a bummer that kids and tods are so overlooked when it comes to new gameplay and CAS/BB items.
    Sometimes I stream.

It would also be nice if the stuff that happened in the pop up text events did more than performance gain/loss or mood effects.

Like, it is cool that if a kid messes up the spelling bee or whatever, they come home embarrassed. But my kids also have interactions will bullies or "make a new friend" all the time with no one popping up in their relationship panel. It would be really cool if the game gave those interactions to an actual other sim, and those relationship effects actually happened. If my sim made a new friend at school because they were cool about a pink bib, then I want to know who that friend it, and my kid should have a friendly relationship with them (and if they're working on the social butterfly aspiration - that should count!)

Similar with workplace stuff. Like if my sim gets on the wrong or right side of their boss or coworker, it would be neat to have that be an actual sim they could run into in the wild who they have that established relationship level with.
    Sometimes I stream.

• GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    Spiral stairs
    Pool slides
    Bunk beds
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2019
    -Anything that would evolve the sims personalities (more traits, atrractions, zodiac sign, favorites, interests, like/dislike)
    -Cars and bikes
    -Ability to have vacation homes
    -Ability to place rental lots in Sulani (or all worlds)
    -Ocean/river/lake swimming everywhere
    -Burglars
    -Strollers
    -Clubs updated to include all the DLC activities
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2019
    Babies are Sims too!
    Toddler NPCs will actually visit the parks and beaches with their caregivers! (unless they are clothing optional lot traits, of course... so maybe Toddler Friendly Lot Trait (toddlers will visit this lot)?
    Pleeease update the Aliens in GTW and more meaningful disguises (and no more undisguised alien NPCs showing up at lots).
    Sims should freak out when they see a ghost or alien or vampire. Really a life-changing experience. (And Sims should have to "discover" vampires ike they do other occults)). And then freak out. Or be excited (vampiraphile/vampirephobe traits, anyone?)
    Another build world like Newcrest - make it cool one with some personality to build around).
    Likes and dislikes (Let's talk about all things grilled cheese! Oh you hate grilled cheese!?! "--" I hate you now).
    Some new interesting mean or mischief actions and/or activities. My bad Sims want to be BAD!
    Some more group fun activities where multiple Sims can talk and play and build relationships

And this will never happen probably but it would be cool if some of the Herbalism ingredients from Outdoors could be found around all the worlds. Ha ha, I mean Selvadora should have some catchable bugs... it's got a jungle full of them!
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    In bed animations like relaxing,kiss,makeout,cuddle/snuggle,watch tv/tv together,chat,use phone in bed,spooning with partner etc.
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    • Multi purpose lots
    • Free babies
    • New free blank world
    • New stair types and ladders (maybe functional elevators too)
    • Adding more personality to sims : Turn ons and turn offs, favourite colour, more traits with a real impact on the sims behaviour, maybe zodiac signs...
    • Some form of Story Progression
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    ... and an inventory update PLEASE
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    edited September 2019
    • Build: Split levels & free stairs (U, L, landings etc.), spiral stairs, curved.

fb95c456ef73c457c8e887493c4f0731.jpg
    • Live mode: Wants/Fears back in the UI in a big way, tied into aspirations (which are overhauled to be more logical, human: fame, fortune, love, family, pleasure, knowledge). So all current aspirations would fall under those. And sims would get Wants/Fears based on those big titles. TS2 Style.
    • CAS: TS2 sims were different from one another because of their personality points that you had to fill which would determine if a sim is neat, nice, active, outgoing, playful
    • Attraction system: turn-ons/turn-offs. Making it more challenging to click with other sims romantically, and look for the perfect match for your sim. Scanning a room for the sim you find most attractive.

Personality_%26_Aspiration.png
    • NPCs: Burglar, maid, gardener, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Social worker, Therapist, Social Bunny, Repo Man, Police, Firefighters, Pickpocket, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker.
    • NPCs that automatically spawn when placing stands (removing that one kiosk restriction and not having to hire sims for every community lot object).
    These are the major things I would hope for, to make the game enjoyable and I'd be perfectly content.
    Post edited by Eliharb on
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Are we talking about something simple and realizable, or a fantasy?

Something really simple I have always wanted in this game is the ability to customize a sim’s work clothes in CAS.

My fantasy: memories that affect a sim’s personality and mood, with the ability to customize and even create them to give a sim more of a back story.

More family and relationship customization would also be nice, with the chance to create step-families, divorced couples, grandparents raising grandchildren, aunts, uncles and cousin relationships, as well as romantic partners who are not married but who are only dating or engaged. Unlikely, I know, but we can dream ..,

Well, you can make grandparents raising grandchildren.in CAS just create an older woman, give her a young adult daughter or son , make a spouse for that person, then create their son or daughter. Then, after putting in relationships delete both parents, or save and then move the parents into another household. I did this because I wanted to do exactly that, I wanted to raise a granddaughter. It’s a bit more difficult, but it can be done.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Are we talking about something simple and realizable, or a fantasy?

Something really simple I have always wanted in this game is the ability to customize a sim’s work clothes in CAS.

My fantasy: memories that affect a sim’s personality and mood, with the ability to customize and even create them to give a sim more of a back story.

More family and relationship customization would also be nice, with the chance to create step-families, divorced couples, grandparents raising grandchildren, aunts, uncles and cousin relationships, as well as romantic partners who are not married but who are only dating or engaged. Unlikely, I know, but we can dream ..,

Well, you can make grandparents raising grandchildren.in CAS just create an older woman, give her a young adult daughter or son , make a spouse for that person, then create their son or daughter. Then, after putting in relationships delete both parents, or save and then move the parents into another household. I did this because I wanted to do exactly that, I wanted to raise a granddaughter. It’s a bit more difficult, but it can be done.

Thanks! I did that once, trying to create an aunt and uncle raising a nephew and niece. I made two couples in CAS, gave one set twins (a boy and a girl) and then deleted the parents. Their relationships looked fine in CAS but when I moved them into a lot the twins showed up as having a relationship to the uncle but not the aunt. And nothing I could do would fix them or restore that tie. So we really need a way to set relationships in CAS and customize family trees.

• ZachsimsZachsims Posts: 80 Member
    Cars. If Sims 3 had them why don’t we have them now?
  • jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    Probably won't or can't happen but a complete revamp of the Sims traits and emotions. Moodlets don't impact my gameplay whatsoever and it's clear they were meant to take over trait system from 3 but all my Sims feel samey. Moods constantly shifting as well and not really impact gameplay etc...

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    to add on I'd like to see manicure/pedicure stations. It's a small addition but I'd really enjoy it and I think others would too.

spa day has manicure and pedicure ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Eliharb wrote: »
    • Build: Split levels & free stairs (U, L, landings etc.), spiral stairs, curved.

fb95c456ef73c457c8e887493c4f0731.jpg
    • Live mode: Wants/Fears back in the UI in a big way, tied into aspirations (which are overhauled to be more logical, human: fame, fortune, love, family, pleasure, knowledge). So all current aspirations would fall under those. And sims would get Wants/Fears based on those big titles. TS2 Style.
    • CAS: TS2 sims were different from one another because of their personality points that you had to fill which would determine if a sim is neat, nice, active, outgoing, playful
    • Attraction system: turn-ons/turn-offs. Making it more challenging to click with other sims romantically, and look for the perfect match for your sim. Scanning a room for the sim you find most attractive.

Personality_%26_Aspiration.png
    • NPCs: Burglar, maid, gardener, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Social worker, Therapist, Social Bunny, Repo Man, Police, Firefighters, Pickpocket, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker.
    • NPCs that automatically spawn when placing stands (removing that one kiosk restriction and not having to hire sims for every community lot object).
    These are the major things I would hope for, to make the game enjoyable and I'd be perfectly content.

I like some of these ideas a lot. Personality points,want and fears, zodiac signs and have them matter. Turn offs and turn ons, and scanning the room for the right Sim. These are excellent ideas for a free update - the rest would be a bit much - like the characters - I feel those are not good for a Sims 4 - too outdated and not relevant to today or even needed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    too many things i want atm but i'd really want new types of stairs