Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If There Was No Household Size Limit...

2...Next

Comments

• joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    For me, 12 would be a good number. Enough to have a large family and maybe a couple of pets.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wouldn’t mind having a large household of at least 10 people (family or a bunch of roomies) ONLY IF:

- Sims wouldn’t bug out a lot during interactions. Freezing or canceling their entire queue.
    - Smarter free will please. No more washing the dishes on the top floor when the kitchen is right next to you... this goes for any other autonomous decisions such as toilets for example or sitting in the attic instead of the dining room...
    - Pets aren’t counted as a Sim but rather in a separate tab.
    - Adults would start properly taking care of toddlers rather than having queues canceled numerous times till the little one is just a hair away from CPS knocking in front of your door.

Just a few things on top of my head so far.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    still 1
    maybe 2 with a pet
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    4 on average, just like now.

There were times when I wished I could have 10 sims in the same household. Just to be on safe side, I think 12 would be a good cap.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'd probably play with 8-10 and then have all my pets, which usually range from 2-4.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    It would certainly make playing my ancestral game a lot easier. Even if I were to create a legacy of it, my Dad was the eldest of nine (9) kids! NINE. Which one of your relatives would you toss out? My own fifth (5X) great-grandfather was the seventh child of ten. Between my daughter and her second husband they have nine children. She just gave birth to twins, who would I leave out? I don't like the limit, suffice it to say, it's constricting and confining and makes a player either farm some of the children out to have the rest of them and that's not even close to cool. Besides, the Sims in Sims2 would often get the desire to have 10 children. What's up with that?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I'm already only playing with 3-4 sims per household, because I don't want it to be too stressful. I have one family with 7 human sims, and two with 6 humans and one pet. That's more than enough for me.
  • lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    maybe 10-12 if the game wouldn’t lag, I like bigger families
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I would have mother, father, their 2 or 3 kids, three or four pets. They could also move in one of the parent's parent so (s)he doesn't have to live on her/his own after his/her partner died.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'd still only have a family of 5-6, including a pet.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Hard to say I like a mix of sims when able to play if we could keep more gems connected I'd make more generations out of cash at least. Also I'd probably only have one house at the limit maybe 16 now that I think about it.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    In previous versions I could easily handle 8 plus pets, but with sims 4 I find a full house to be a little overwhelming.

I am happy with the current limit, though I do wish pets didn't count. Sometimes it would be nice to have a lot of pets in a mid sized household.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I like playing different types of families so it would be cool to play a family with more than eight sims sometimes. I wish I could have like nine sims and a few pets.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I like no more than 3 Sims in a family, but I currently have a couple who just had triplets, hubby is getting the old snip, snip.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I usually play with no more than 4 sims in a household. More often it's just a one-person household I play. I also play multiple households in a game. To keep me from getting bored too quickly. If there was no limit I would have them simply there to be townies and no other purpose. I sometimes create 8 sim household but when I do They are created to be townies and not intended for me to play.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I use cheats to have 11. I would have between 11 and 15
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    I'd like to have as many as the game could reasonably handle. I want to see the chaos! :D
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    There's a story I'm playing now that would eventually require a household of 15 to 20 sims. I'm considering modding when I get to that step but I doubt I'd go through with it. I would love to see the limit increase to at least 10 because I feel it's a little silly that cats and dogs take up a spot currently.
  • sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    I can only see this being useful for a short time in my main gameplay where I would want to have my main sim and his wive and children live with his best friend (and his family) as long as their house is still being renovated. Other than that I think 8 sims is more than enough. But I do think cats and dogs shouldn't take up a household spot since they're not controllable anyway. Feels useless.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I only play with 3 to 6 sims. There is more lag if I play with 7 or 8, even on my gaming rig.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My households vary, anywhere from single sims to small families or more. There are a few larger families that have happened. I don't generally need more than the 8 sims but I agree about the addition of pets. I could see counting those separately.

In my case, I play with a bunch of different households that I flip between depending on what is going on in the game. I'll admit that when I took a break, I did not remember everything that was going on before but it picked back up quickly and is kind of nice to start fresh.

If this is something needed by other players, I'm fine with it. The several chaotically large families kind of stress me out though they are also fun. I'll play them and then I'll switch over to some sim with a lot fewer responsibilities.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.