Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming!

Comments

• coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    > @WolfNate said:
    > So We're getting a skill tree and 39 magical powers (15 potions 24 spells) they said that your skill tree as a Caster is separate from your magic. So 25 abilities to learn 24 spells and 15 potions? Holy moly they upped the budget

The number of potions and spells make me think that spellcasters might not be getting as many perks/abilities as there are in Vampires or Get Famous. I haven't seen any of the SimGurus give any sort of number for them. SimGuruNinja has mentioned them separately when giving the rough number of spells and potions, so they are in the GP.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I'd be annoyed if we only get 8 or six abilities in a ST there is no reason to believe we won't have same amount as Fame Perks or Vampire Powers.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Sergio_gatitoSergio_gatito Posts: 8 New Member
    I have a question, the advantages and spells are associated, or will we have 24 spells and other advantages such as vampires?
    I have a question, the advantages and spells are associated, or will we have 24 spells and other advantages such as vampires?

You get ?? (most likely around 25 ish) abilities in a skill tree ala GF's Fame Perks or Vampire Power Skill Tree. These abilities and passives are NOT part of your Spellbook.

In the most... Bluntest way to describe it we get two skill trees one for Caster Life State itself and one for Spells and potions.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You get ?? (most likely around 25 ish) abilities in a skill tree ala GF's Fame Perks or Vampire Power Skill Tree. These abilities and passives are NOT part of your Spellbook.
    >
    > In the most... Bluntest way to describe it we get two skill trees one for Caster Life State itself and one for Spells and potions.

Does that mean, teleports will be part of the skill tree and not the spell book?

that would be great, since 24 spells seem few,that way, we could create different witches than the rest of the others...
    @Sergio_gatito

I have no idea and 24 Spells and 15 Potions is the largest amount of magic ever in Sims Franchise according to devs
    > @WolfNate said:
    > @Sergio_gatito
    >
    > I have no idea and 24 Spells and 15 Potions is the largest amount of magic ever in Sims Franchise according to devs

you are wrong, in sims 2 we had 33 spells, and in sims 3, we have about 45 potions.

I only hope that the witches are not like those of the sims 3, since they occupied many spells in need, spell for hygiene, hunger, etc.
    edited August 2019
    Don't look at me the devs said it not me
  • Pinmat135Pinmat135 Posts: 346 Member
    edited August 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    So We're getting a skill tree and 39 magical powers (15 potions 24 spells) they said that your skill tree as a Caster is separate from your magic. So 25 abilities to learn 24 spells and 15 potions? Holy moly they upped the budget

Yes, they did. And we're all better off for it! mOoOoOoRe MaGiC! *silently questions, again, why this isn't an expansion pack*
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    super excited, but disappointed that there won't be spiral staircases--was really hoping that they would be in this pack.
  • ArziiArzii Posts: 6 New Member
    Totally happy! I love occult sims & would love to see more being done with them, so this is a huge win for those of us who adore the fantasy aspect :)
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I'm excited for this. Would love to open up a potion shop :)
    Loftyy wrote: »
    I'm excited for this. Would love to open up a potion shop :)

You can use copypasto spell to keep yourself stocked!
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    The magic realm seems reminiscent of the magic/other realm in the Sabrina comics, which was quite space fantasy, though I'm a bit concerned the main building looks a bit too much like a bland McMansion (when it shows the world in the trailer)
  • dragonkiwiidragonkiwii Posts: 124 Member
    I'm really excited for this pack- aliens, vampires, mermaids, and now witches and wizards? Sounds good to me! Definitely will be buying this pack, especially since it is coming out right around my birthday :)
    i like anime and stuff
    SeaSide wrote: »
    I'm really excited for this pack- aliens, vampires, mermaids, and now witches and wizards? Sounds good to me! Definitely will be buying this pack, especially since it is coming out right around my birthday :)

And as far as logic dictates 64 magical skills buffs potions and spells!

25 Skills (like Vampires)
    24 Spells
    15 Potions

And a slew of fantastical interactions.

Biggest GP to date it seems!
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wish they can add werewolf in this pack. Here are my stupid thoughts:

1. Werewolf don't get along with vampire, neither does the vampire. They both constantly get negative moodlets around each other. But if you manage to make two become friends or more, they'll get a unique relationship.
    2. Werewolf will turn when full moon. In werewolf mode, one's sensitivities are enhanced, which allows one to sense other sims' needs. And they can even sense if one is sick, pregnant or not. If powerful enough, one can even diagnose what the disease it is, or what's the result of a pregnancy(gender, twin, or triple).
    3. Werewolf loves meat, if they don't get meat in due time, they'll bite those non-werewolf ones near them. One will turn or not depends on the situation. If it's a vampire, one will die if you don't find the cure to the werewolf bite.
    4. Werewolf can communicate with animals, including cats, dogs, fishes, or even bees! Power enough, one can order those animals to do stuffs for him/her!
    5. Just like vampire, werewolf has training as well, which allow one to gain more power and abilities as his/her skills grow. I am thinking like werewolf can sense what item you're going to get when digging. Werewolf can climb the wall or roof...etc.
    6. To make it fair, werewolf also suffer some disadvantages like vampire does! Werewolf won't suffer from low-hygiene and doesn't like taking shower/bath. But one will give away a strong odor that'll make non-werewolf very uncomfortable, which constantly lower the friendship bar around him/her.
    7. You can kill a werewolf with some unique items like sliver-made objects such as sword, knife...etc.

Now the last thought inspired me a new careers: supernatural hunter!

Hunter has to either catch or kill a supernatural being, including alien, vampire, mermaids, witch/wizard and werewolf!

Oh my gosh! I'm such a creative person! I should have joined EA to create game for you guys to play! LOL!
    um... Yeah murdering people as an active career is so not sims style.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I wish they can add werewolf in this pack. Here are my stupid thoughts:

1. Werewolf don't get along with vampire, neither does the vampire. They both constantly get negative moodlets around each other. But if you manage to make two become friends or more, they'll get a unique relationship.
    2. Werewolf will turn when full moon. In werewolf mode, one's sensitivities are enhanced, which allows one to sense other sims' needs. And they can even sense if one is sick, pregnant or not. If powerful enough, one can even diagnose what the disease it is, or what's the result of a pregnancy(gender, twin, or triple).
    3. Werewolf loves meat, if they don't get meat in due time, they'll bite those non-werewolf ones near them. One will turn or not depends on the situation. If it's a vampire, one will die if you don't find the cure to the werewolf bite.
    4. Werewolf can communicate with animals, including cats, dogs, fishes, or even bees! Power enough, one can order those animals to do stuffs for him/her!
    5. Just like vampire, werewolf has training as well, which allow one to gain more power and abilities as his/her skills grow. I am thinking like werewolf can sense what item you're going to get when digging. Werewolf can climb the wall or roof...etc.
    6. To make it fair, werewolf also suffer some disadvantages like vampire does! Werewolf won't suffer from low-hygiene and doesn't like taking shower/bath. But one will give away a strong odor that'll make non-werewolf very uncomfortable, which constantly lower the friendship bar around him/her.
    7. You can kill a werewolf with some unique items like sliver-made objects such as sword, knife...etc.

Now the last thought inspired me a new careers: supernatural hunter!

Hunter has to either catch or kill a supernatural being, including alien, vampire, mermaids, witch/wizard and werewolf!

Oh my gosh! I'm such a creative person! I should have joined EA to create game for you guys to play! LOL!

I love your ideas! That last one most likely wouldn't be put in the game because it's too violent, but instead of death they could be "defeated" instead, and maybe forced back into a harmless Sim form.

I'd love to see a Werewolf pack, or a pack with Werewolves in it. 😊
    #Team Occult
    They are supporting Sims 4 for 2 more years give em time.
  • OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited August 2019
    Yep, it's a bit cruel to do so. Maybe it should be something like "be friend with supernatural" instead of killing. If it has two paths like secret agent, the villain one should be "capture a supernatural". But whatever! It's not like all the stuffs will come true if we keep talking about it. LOL! Assuming things is one thing, putting things into practice is way harder than just assuming! Not sure if EA can handle it.

But it won't hurt if we keep daydreaming! I wonder if they can add supernatural creatures such as dragon, unicorn, elf, genie, fairy, angel, or even devil! And make sure those things are very rare and secretive. Otherwise, sims 4 will become not-so-sims if there are too much supernatural going on.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    SeaSide wrote: »

Happy Early Birthday, @SeaSide !
    I haven't bought a pack in a long time (budgetary issues), but I'm saving up for this one!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • hakuboshihakuboshi Posts: 13 New Member
    Would witches be able to open their own shop though? I would like to recreate Zunkos, Olivanders and the whole Diagon Alley in the game.
  • hakuboshihakuboshi Posts: 13 New Member
    Also, would there be some teleportation device like floo network to access the realm of magic?
    hakuboshi wrote: »
    Also, would there be some teleportation device like floo network to access the realm of magic?

A teleportation stone

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top