Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What game pack should I get next?

I have Vampires, and Dine Out. What game pack should I get next?

What game pack should I get next? 50 votes

Outdoor Retreat
12%
LaBlue0314Bagoas77catloverplayermjalletEvie0602Patrice 6 votes
Jungle Adventure
50%
icmnfrshrudy8292Kita5399love7680PlayerSinger2010AlrynnMariefoxprice83Mindofyashcrash19WolfNateAlbaWaterhouseXxAirixXTomaTeriBrinnFanPhoriaJemmaTheSimmerpinneduphairEvilyn_1007Rae357Laira 25 votes
Strangerville
16%
auroraael14rjssimRedShoe7mikaAmandèleVedenhaltiaKathesaurRobinGreenthumb 8 votes
Spa Day
22%
AngelluluLissyK9annaliese39Sigzy05adduapinaBooDaBoo5GamingTweetyLquinnSimmyFroggyMaedCherryBerryCloud 11 votes

Comments

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I think it depends on how you play the game, maybe you are into story telling/story lines, do you do the challenges etc. Personally, I like all the game packs because they have something I use for most all my sims. Plus, I have a tendency to remake the sims in each world and like doing things differently.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    As someone who completed an Aspiration and maxed Archeology Jungle is pretty fun and if you're the kind of player who doesn't use money cheats (bout only cheating I do) then archeology is very lucrative
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    depends
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    If you want something out of the every day/family/normal type of gameplay, then go for Strangerville or Jungle Adventure.

If you're more into the casual playstyle, Outdoor Retreat or Spa Day.

Honestly I think Strangerville is the worst of them.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Spa Day
    I just got Jungle Adventure, so haven't been there yet. I like Spa day better then the other two, give it a try.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I really like them all. I can't pick one for you.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    Maybe wait for realm of magic, since you already have vampires so I assume you like supernatural stuff?
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Spa Day
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I'd say Outdoor Retreat since that's the only pack you can get tents and coolers from. They make life so much easier in Jungle Adventures.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Spa Day
    My favourite GP after Vampires is Parenthood, but from your options I would personally choose Spa Day. There is just something very relaxing about watching my sims relax at the spa. I also really like the wellness skill and think it works well with Island Living if you have it. Outdoor Retreat would probably be my next choice. I really feel it's underrated. I am a family style player and I enjoy taking my sim families on holiday to Granite Falls. I also love the squeamish trait and enjoy the new activities e.g. herbalism skill, hiking, stargazing, roasting marshmallows around the fire etc. I really like Jungle Adventure too though. I haven't explored the jungle yet, but I often find myself using the BB items. I'm looking forward to my sim learning archaeology and the Selvadoradian culture skill.

Strangerville is my least favourite GP. I do like the world, CAS/BB items, and military career, but I prefer creating my own stories and more open versatile gameplay. I think I will enjoy playing out the story, but I doubt I'll want to do so multiple times. You might love it though as it really depends on your own play style. I suggest checking out the SimsVIP guides and reviews if you haven't already to see which GP appeals to you the most.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    You have vampires you can do all of JA's content as a vampire. Without the sun. Sure you might have to suffer mildly to stock up but after that can wait till night to find a temple.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Honestly, I love them all, but the two vacation packs are my favourites, particularly JA because there's so much more to do besides just camping. Plus if you choose to explore the jungle the end is different each time you go back (most of the time), so it stays interesting for longer.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    Honestly, I love them all, but the two vacation packs are my favourites, particularly JA because there's so much more to do besides just camping. Plus if you choose to explore the jungle the end is different each time you go back (most of the time), so it stays interesting for longer.

Agreed. One thing I like about JA and OR is the fact that there are more choices of accommodation than you really need (the way I play, anyway) so you can afford to replace a couple of the vacation homes with communal lots, so visiting sims have more things to do when they are on holiday.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Strangerville
    So, I of course say Strangerville because That Liveable World Alone My Dude, buuut it really depends. Skip to the end if you want the summarized version.

If you want gameplay that you don’t have to move for and that can be both utilized in your sim’s house and in the world- spa day is pretty darn solid. Bonus points if you yourself like yoga, massages, or incense or have any new age sims.

If really love jungles, exploration, and Indiana Jones, or South American interior design? Heck yeah get thee the Jungle Adventure. However unless you go to the world you won’t really get ahold of any of the new skills or interactions.

Outdoor Retreat is if you love, just love camping. Like even the bugs attacking your sim makes you nostalgic for the great outdoors. I am this person and you might be too. Bonus for it is even if you don’t use the world, you can get tents and coolers and a campy guitar and be able to stargaze/cloudgaze (best. Interaction. Ever.) (seriously especially if your sim is an artist or chef that 8 hour inspired buff is no joke).

Then we got Strangerville which. I love. So much. Look- if you are a nerd who loves cryptids and conspiracies and weird stuff this is the pack for you. Or if you really love the southwest aesthetic. This is the only GP of those listed that come with a new trait (I think?), and has a new career and items like the sparring machine that can be placed anywhere.

TLDR/In summary-

Spa Day: New Skill, items great for new age sims everywhere. Easy access.

Jungle Adventure: you really only get the most of the pack if you go to the vacation world, but once there the gameplay is deep.

Outdoor Retreat: Is more evenly split than JA with some stuff that will only benefit if you go to the world, but has some good stuff for daily sim life.

StrangerVille: Has an entire livable world, and a new trait and career with items that can be used anywhere even if you don’t want to do the mystery.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm with the folks who say wait for Realm of Magic -- it looks like style-wise it might pair well with Vampires. If you have the Get Together EP you could have a club of vampires and one of spellcasters, maybe even set them against each other. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if there's another pack sale in November and you could pick up a couple of the older packs then.

If you really want to get a pack now, I'd go with either Outdoor Retreat or Jungle Adventures.Both have good build/buy items and some of the CAS is really great.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Agreed. One thing I like about JA and OR is the fact that there are more choices of accommodation than you really need (the way I play, anyway) so you can afford to replace a couple of the vacation homes with communal lots, so visiting sims have more things to do when they are on holiday.

I kept one small and one large cabin, replaced the other two with a bowling alley and a spa, and put a restaurant where the campground was because tent camping can be problematic during snowy weather. I mainly use OR for a writing/artist retreat especially now that we have both laptops and the digital sketchpad -- once my artists get enough skill to paint from reference I send them up to Granite Falls (and Selvadorada) to do a lot of painting of the scenery to have unique paintings for home or to sell/give as gifts.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Spa Day
    I love Spa Day: relaxing in a sauna, doing yoga etc. They've become a big part of my gameplay since I bought the pack.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited August 2019
    Jungle Adventure

I kept one small and one large cabin, replaced the other two with a bowling alley and a spa, and put a restaurant where the campground was because tent camping can be problematic during snowy weather. I mainly use OR for a writing/artist retreat especially now that we have both laptops and the digital sketchpad -- once my artists get enough skill to paint from reference I send them up to Granite Falls (and Selvadorada) to do a lot of painting of the scenery to have unique paintings for home or to sell/give as gifts.

I usually put a bar and a spa in Granite Falls. Like you I keep a large cabin and a small cabin but I tend to keep the campground too. I don't own the bowling or restaurant packs so those wouldn't be options for me anyway. In my current save Selvadora has a cafe and a playground where 2 of the villas were. In a previous save I had a nudist bar in the jungle but I got bored of that save after one of my favourite sims died fighting the Mother.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2019
    Outdoor Retreat
    I would suggest Outdoor Retreat because it comes with camping supplies. Jungle Adventure does not. But by having Outdoor Retreat, your sim will be able to have a proper and enjoyable time in the jungle. Also, Outdoor Retreat also comes with a portable shower that your sim can place in their personal inventory, along with a few other things. :)