Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Worst Game Pack? [Your Opinion]

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Strangerville
    I really can't choose. I love them all.
    @PrincipleOfEntropy and @GrumpyGlowfish I find it odd that you think Spa Day was like a SP (not attacking you, just find it odd), cause I loved it when it was released and thought it was full of content. It's probably one of my favourites. I use it in every save that I play, both CAS and Bulid/Buy. My favourite thing is to put yoga instructor and yoga mats in parks and have my sims go there early in the morning to do some yoga <3 Outdoor retreat was a great fun too. It's mainly used for honeymoons in my saves, but the world is really beautiful in winter time.

Now that we have the digital sketchpad and the laptops, I use OR for wrter/artist retreats -- once my artists get to the level to paint from reference, I schedule trips to both Granite Falls and Selvadorada to sketch the landscape. And if I'm planning to have gardening Sims I'll send them to collect the Herbalism plants in Granite Falls and the various harvestable plants in Selvadorada (I do wish we had recipes for the black beans and avocados -- a nice guacamole and chips or black bean burritos would be nice though if my husband ate the latter it would have the same efrect as franks & beans :D ).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Strangerville
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Don't think any are bad. I like somethings in every pack and have a lot of fun with all the packs.
    I took the question as "which GP is the least useful for you?" --- I do find a use for pretty much every pack in my game, but Strangerville for me seems the least useful. Spa Day, OTOH, I get a lot of use out of it even if I just plunk down a meditation stool and yoga mat on my Sim's deck in Sulani or build my Sim a yoga/meditation room in the basement of their house in Willow Creek. I like the recipes that come with the Wellness skill, and yoga/meditation make a good hobby for elders. -

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    Spa Day
    spa day! at first I was having trouble deciding between spa day, outdoor retreat and dine out, HOWEVER:
    Outdoor retreat came with a world, it goes well with seasons, it got us a new aspiration and I THINK a new trait.
    Dine out is buggy but it came with a whole new gameplay, venue, nice CAS and BB items, new recipes.
    spa day.....spa day came with leggings and yoga mat.

-Yarden.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Strangerville
    hali wrote: »
    @amber_ilumire - Haha, we're opposites. I really only use Outdoor Retreat for its CAS items and some of the BB. How do you use the pack? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Would love to be able to use the pack more since I'm really only using it as if it were a SP, not a GP (which, you know, money wise- makes me salty). The clutter items are amongst my favorites, and I use the CAS assets mostly for fitness wear. Some of the feminine hair styles are my favorites in game. And I hate how gumbo has a bug in its recipe. I think its recipe got mixed up with "Camper's Surprise" or whatever that dish is called. Any tips you have to offer, I'd appreciate since I would like to use OR as more than as SP :)

As for Spa Day, I think it's one of the GPs that offers the most features. It's not game-changing to one's game like Parenthood is, but may be my favorite GP (if I ignore the religious element about it that makes me uncomfortable).
    Some of the main ways I've been getting a lot of use out of it:
    • I always have at least one member of a household master the wellness skill so they can help influence mood when necessary. Need to be focused for work? No problem: a chat with a sim who has--I believe it's level 2 of the wellness skill--will give you a four-hour focused buff.
    • Some of my favorite venues to build & visit have been spas (I build them with a dedicated gym and restaurant cafe-like area).
    • Having the bath features to use game-wide is a plus at regular gyms since the bath soaks give different mood boosts and, IMO, the animation suits a public venue better since its animation isn't the playful, silly bath animation from base game.
    • The wall-mounted speaker and radio are more reliable than any of their base game counterparts. Plus, they give a slightly higher fun buff when listened to. So I include them in venue and home builds quite often.
    • The tea one is able to brew at wellness lv.10 gives a better buff than base game's Pitch Black tea. So, it gets served with breakfast often in the households I play.
    • Besides the BB you already use, I also like the CAS items for not only athletic wear but I use the casual sweater and fluffy looking rob a lot in other clothing categories.

Looking forward to any feedback!

@hali Honestly, I just really love Granite falls as a world <3 Plus as an outdoorsy person myself I just really like that I can send sims to vacation there. My households usually have at least one sim with the Loves Outdoors trait or collection-related aspirations like fishing or gardening, so I always have an excuse to send them there to expand their collections. I love that it just adds some variety to the game - if I get a bit bored just sending my sims to work or making them earn money themselves I can send them to the woods to expand their skillset and live off the grid for a little bit.

I admit I do use those Spa Day bath soaks and the BB/Cas objects quite a lot though. And I had no idea those speakers/radios were more durable. I'll have to try them out more.
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine out would have been the best pack if it worked, but because of the bugs it makes it the worst pack for me.

On another note I love Spa Day mainly for the yoga, but I think it is only worth a stuff pack price.

• filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa day was just a really big Stuff Pack, just new game play objects, clothes and BB, nothing really goal oriented about it.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Spa Day
    I never even really use the spa, I got this pack in a bundle, so Spa Day it is.

Also, its sauna is barely even a real sauna.. Why can't we have saunas like the ones in Sims 2? Those saunas actually looked familiar, like actual irl saunas I've been to. Sims 2 saunas were relatable. They looked Finnish. I'm half Finnish, so this is an important point for me!

The steam room thing we get in Spa Day is way too fancy and unrelatable.

So yeah, worst pack.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Parenthood
    For some reason parenthood is my least favourite even though it seems the most popular game pack. I find the advice really annoying and I don’t like the child and teenage phases. It’s the game pack I dislike playing the most.
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    Spa Day
    netney52 wrote: »
    For some reason parenthood is my least favourite even though it seems the most popular game pack. I find the advice really annoying and I don’t like the child and teenage phases. It’s the game pack I dislike playing the most.

I have to agree with you on the "advice." There's no way to win so I never play kids long enough to do a lot of the dilemmas.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Parenthood
    netney52 wrote: »

I have to agree with you on the "advice." There's no way to win so I never play kids long enough to do a lot of the dilemmas.

I agree I find I have a make a conscious effort for my sims children/teenagers to know what trait to give them and then it annoys me when it falls out of range so I end up giving up on it and clicking on randon answers.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Vampires
    I voted Vampires because I am not an occult player so I did not purchase that pack. I have heard good things about it so please don't take offense if you enjoy it. The other game packs added a lot to my game and to the way I play. I have eight mods I use for Dine Out that allow me to have functioning restaurants without the glitches. StrangerVille turned out to be a lot more fun than I had expected and I have played through the mystery several times. Each pack I did buy brought something new to the game so it is difficult to give any of them a bad rating. And as far as ROM being the worst game pack? We'll just have to wait to see if that is true. I have many plans for Glimmerbrook even though I am not an occult player, so that is something I am excited about.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Dine Out
    Haven't got Dine Out yet, so I can't judge on that, so probably Spa Day. Just very little content to it.

I actually really enjoyed Outdoor Retreat (although it helps that my main is an entomologist and thus bug catching was essential!) and Strangerville, surprised they did so badly!
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Spa Day
    I put Spa Day, because it's the one I use the features from the least. Although I use the Build/Buy mode stuff from all of them pretty often, but Outdoor Retreat has a lot of my go-to items.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Strangerville
    @Paigeisin5 You're not into the occult but a brainwashing alien flower that eats you isn't occult okay then!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Strangerville
    Strangerville, without a shadow of a doubt.
    GPs have been the DLC saving grace in my opinion and rarely disappoint.
    There are 2 GPs I don't use gameplay from: Vampires and Strangerville. But Vampires has a quality to it and a depth that Strangerville does not have. I am also not a fan of making the Sims more RPG than sandbox and the story to unfold the mystery was shallow.
    My most used feature of that pack is something that didn't even come upon release, the debug plants.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,182 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa Day

I do not hate Spa day,but it was bare bones . The difference between Dine out ,and Spa day is . That least in Dine out you can own, and run a restaurant. You get new recipes as well.Spa day you can't run a spa, and the only thing is one venue. Vsthe multiple restaurants in Dine out ?
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Strangerville
    StrangerVille 100%. The story it brought was very stale and boring, and the StrangerVille world itself is not the best in my opinion. But what's even worse is the build mode items and some of the CAS items. All the build mode items are made to suit the story of strangerville, in my opinion. And the items that are supposed to look "good" do not look nice at all. The create a sim is very much meh, only some of the items I liked. So yeah, definitely strangerville.
    Proud simmer
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Now feeling to good about rating the worst game pack as I do like game packs.
    I only say Outdoor Retreat because it's really annoying when you invite a friend to go camping and they leave to go home.
    I would use this pack more if I could invite friends on a camping excursion and they stay until it's over.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. It's the only one I don't use at all.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    I only own two of those, Strangerville and Vampires. They were the only ones that interested me at all when I was picking. They all look pretty boring and I only bought those two because 1. I love vampires and 2. 50% off sale. I can say Vampires ended up being a good purchase for me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LukasCreatesSimsLukasCreatesSims Posts: 75 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I picked outdoor cos i wish they wasn't destination worlds :(
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine out is by far the buggiest, and most disappointing in terms of new gameplay features. No depth to running restaurants, other than uniforms and setting the menu, such a shame :( .. But it does have good BB and CAS that I use, so I would still get it.

Can’t believe what people are saying about spa day, vampires and strangerville though?! Spa day is pretty much the only modern pack in terms of BB, loads of new items with new animations (especially compared to more recent packs, it’s easily got twice the amount of animations Island Living came with and that’s comparing it to an expansion pack!). So underrated..

Vampires, well that’s a given with the divide of players with Supernatural phobia.. so not the worst pack, just the one you don’t own lol

Strangerville, same problem as vampires, people aren’t open to it so dismiss it.
  • TaratagoreTaratagore Posts: 15 Member
    Hmm for me I think its My First pet , but I do love some of the things it has so there's that !
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited September 2019
    Strangerville
    I like all of them, but compared to the others definitely Strangerville. It has no replayability whatsoever. You play the story in a save once and then you never touch it again.

Also, @Taratagore , My First Pet Stuff isn’t a game pack. It’s a stuff pack.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Strangerville
    I like all of them, but compared to the others definitely Strangerville. It has no replayability whatsoever. You play the story in a save once and then you never touch it again.

Also, @Taratagore , My First Pet Stuff isn’t a game pack. It’s a stuff pack.

Absolutely! I just recentlt defeated the Mother for the first time and it was by far the most boring experience I had in Sims 4. Can't even imagine doing that again.