Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animation you don't like in game?

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Not exactly a specific animation but I’m sick of seeing the same ones used for multiple events.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > Sigzy05 wrote: »
    >
    > Woohoo fist bump.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This one is in my opinion the worst of the worst. Childish and so random, who does that? I never understood the thought process behind it.
    > Apart from that one, I dislike the "sexy pose" one, and I find the kisses in general are too prude. I miss TS2 romantic interactions so much!
    >
    > I also dislike all the shortcuts: teleportation, not getting anything from the cupboards when cooking, objects appearing and dissapearing from their hands like a magic trick, and the recycling of animation, how most social interactions have the same animations.

Aw, I do miss TS2's dinner date interactions available at dining tables (like proposing--would have been a perfect feature for Dine Out).

I'm surprised I'd forgotten about my dislike for Spa Day's Wellness skill teleportation animation. I always purposely look away from it because I dislike it so much. I also don't like how witnessing sims don't really have special shocked/surprised/freaked out animations after seeing another sim s~l~~o~w~l~y~ vanish into rainbow-y thin air.

Great point--wish grabbing plates from the cupboard before meals or--at least--setting the table (with Parenthood EP), and grabbing spices whilst cooking were animated. Pulling cutlery, cookware, and spice out of nowhere is disappointing.

Speaking of cooking, I dislike the animation for dumpling making because in RL--depending on the type of dumpling--they're always cooked atop a stove either by steam (steamed dumplings), boiled in a pot of water (water dumplings) or pan-fried (pot stickers)--all three cooking methods also happen to be the literal translation and name of the dishes. Choosing to take an efficient--in terms of time and resources--shortcut by recycling an already existing cooking animation can be better executed and received if the developing team would think actions out a bit more. e.g. re: the dumplings - if the team had chosen a pot-stirring animation, it's believable that a sim were preparing water dumplings (esp because the platter of dumplings in game are pale all around and not tinged with golden brown along the bottom, as pot stickers would be; and, had pot stickers been the desired dish to introduce to the game, cooking with a skillet would have been practical choice). If shortcut-recycles must continue to be utilized, I hope TS4 team will think the actions to be implemented out a bit more.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The kisses.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    The low bladder walk animation irks me so😤
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Most if not all of the mean interactions, they're far too tame and childish looking. There's no weight behind them.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's not that I hate the animation but in some situations it's too much.

Like I agree with the first kiss animation. If I'm playing a player he/she isn't going to be afraid of the first kiss or shy about it...
    I also agree with the woohoo fist pump or excited dance from an acceptance. Sheesh folks is it really that hard to score? You aren't winning the lottery here... or are you?

That said sometimes they still make me laugh... and it's the sims. Time to say the serenity prayer again...
    egTcBMc.png
  • MrsMorse1MrsMorse1 Posts: 19 Member
    The take a picture together animation. It looks too goofy and comical for romance or for friendly interactions. The way they stand around in a bad pose waiting...
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    The Animation that plays when a Sim passes out from lack of sleep, I just want to kick them when their butts are up in the air.

O4RgwoJ.png
    Hahaha I love that animation :D

But I don't like the flirty animations that much though.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    The low bladder walk animation irks me so😤

Omg I had forgotten that one. I mean, if you're busting to pee you're gonna run to the bathroom, not waddle like a penguin taking forever.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    The turning into a mermaid animation, or rather the lack of. It looks INCREDIBLY off.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    I really dislike that they reused the animation sims do when they explore a secret passage on the big cave in Sulani. The sims stoop even though the entrance is obviously big enough and put their hand on a non existing wall, it just look really bad, to the point I can't watch my sims go into that cave anymore, it makes me cringe so much.

Other than that the woohoo fist bump, and the sexy pose. I don't like that it is different for male and female sims according to stereotypes.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I don't know why, but the animation that Sims do in CAS when you give them the Good trait really annoys me.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    I really don’t like the pass out animation, because I think it looks really silly and dumb :D
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I admit the toilet walk is nonsensical, but the animations that annoy me are as follows:
    • Passionate kiss. Nobody kisses a person like that. It looks like something you'd see in Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes.
    • Snuggle. Rubbing up on someone like that just looks uncomfortable and it just reminds me that there's no proper cuddle in the game.
    • The idle stand in male Sims. They slouch way too much.
    • A lot of the mean animations are just "there". They're too cartoonish.
    • When Sims agree to WooHoo and they pump their fists into the air. It removes any sense of lust from the Sims and just makes it feel childish. And I'm amazed they managed to make that seem childish.
    • The first kiss animation. I'd rather my Sims were more assertive with their kisses instead of being so shy and afraid of the other Sim's reaction.
  • fox_corpsefox_corpse Posts: 15 Member
    All of the vampire animations and sounds in CAS. They were funny at fist, but if I here one more weird hiss or maniacal laugh, I'll flip a table.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited August 2019
    I don't know if this counts as an animation but I really really do hate the sloooow walk to use a toilet when you really really need to go get to the toilet as fast as you can. But sims go as slowly as they can. I hate it. It is annoying. The walking style should be something like a superspeed run. Or do the devs or whoever "invented" this seriously not rush to the bathroom when they are in an urgent need of using one?

Oh, I see I am not the only one. They makes me very happy.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    The pee walk, because they are SO plum slow and it always ends up making them pee themselves. And also the asking to woohoo animations where they do that weird excited dance.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    The pee walk, because they are SO plum slow and it always ends up making them pee themselves. And also the asking to woohoo animations where they do that weird excited dance.

This, so much. Also I hate the silly smiley faces sims do when you are in CAS and all those annoying "oooh...aaah" they say when you put them some new clothing item on. Just shut up!
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    DocPrivas wrote: »
    This, so much. Also I hate the silly smiley faces sims do when you are in CAS and all those annoying "oooh...aaah" they say when you put them some new clothing item on. Just shut up!
    The smile in CAS is so annoying, you try to make an angry looking sim only for them to start smiling really wide once you zoom out.
    Don't even get me started on the noise they make. It's even worse with vampires, they do that AND hiss constantly.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • MrSpacemanMrSpaceman Posts: 382 Member
    edited August 2019
    The pee walk.
    Laying with their butts up.
    Oh and I HATE when they fart in the face of someone who massages them... And giggle. It's not funny, it's childish and gross. Especially when done by a very intelligent, humble character, whose role it doesn't suit at all. I wish EA would stop turning TS4 into the game for children under 5-6 years old because normally that's when people grow up out of toilet humor.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    The TV workout animation, it looks so goofy and crazy 😄 I was so shocked when I first saw it
  • RBLamberthRBLamberth Posts: 12 New Member
    The woohoo acceptance, and the shy first kiss. Could't they at least have gone with animations like the sims 3 or 2?
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I never liked the first kiss animation. It was a bit too ‘cartoony’ for my taste and imo was only kinda cute when it was teens who used it. So i downloaded a mod that replaced it with the normal kiss animation :tongue:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    The Animation that plays when a Sim passes out from lack of sleep, I just want to kick them when their butts are up in the air.
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Woohoo fist bump.

This one is in my opinion the worst of the worst. Childish and so random, who does that? I never understood the thought process behind it.
    Apart from that one, I dislike the "sexy pose" one, and I find the kisses in general are too prude. I miss TS2 romantic interactions so much!

I also dislike all the shortcuts: teleportation, not getting anything from the cupboards when cooking, objects appearing and dissapearing from their hands like a magic trick, and the recycling of animation, how most social interactions have the same animations.

THIS ^^^^^
    THIS ^^^^^

And, the stupid goofy overly exaggerated smile they do when they look look up to the sky! Gets on my very last nerve!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really dislike the “react in disgust” animation, but that’s because my five-star celebrity is a Mr. Rogers type who would never treat people that way. I cringe every time I see it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: