Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have any Magical plans for your existing Sims?

Comments

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Okay, I think I have it sorted out now. There will be three factions I'll be focusing on. Be prepared for stupid, boring rants you won't care about.

Vampires
    • Vladislaus Straud: having been depowered and dethroned by another vampire, will seek magic to get revenge. He'll side with a dark wizard to encourage a war between the realms. He helps with the war, he gets Forgotten Hollow back.
    • Lilith Vatore: Was exiled from Forgotten Hollow in my game, since her sim autonomously tried to keep him from slaying Vlad. (Like her sim went against my story by hanging out at Vlad's place and stopping my sim to talk. Guess she's too good at heart to let Vlad get hurt.) I'll have her migrate to the Glimmerbrook and run an orphanage for occult orphans of all types.
    • Marco Grimm: The vampire who defeated Vlad and took over Forgotten Hollow. Part of an Illuminati-esque group I have. Seeing the war coming and not wanting innocents to get hurt, he'll be creating an army of vampires to fight the witches. He also wants to use this opportunity to make a power play and take over the Magic Realm.
    • Edmund Grimm: The oldest son of Forgotten Hollow's new leader, will probably go against his father's wishes and head to the Magic Realm to spy on Vlad. If he's not a vampire, I see him somehow being turned into a witch.
    • Synthetic: V-1: I have a science lab in StrangerVille, meant to be a good counterpart to the other lab. But cloning technology now exists, and the Illuminati rep for StrangerVille had the scientists clone Marco for her own nefarious purposes. He's meant to kill and replace the real Marco, though V-1 doesn't want to do it. If the war progresses to StrangerVille, he'll probably escape and find his way to the magical orphanage. If not, he better learn how to not be a wimp.

Spellcasters
    • Theseus Tricou: Will become the fourth Sage, specializing in potions and the Herbalism skill. He'll also teach at the Fallen Tree Academy magic school I'm making. (Which will be divided into houses based on Voidcritter elements & the student's choice of magic. They'll even have Voidcritters as house mascots, ala Harry Potter.)
    • Erebus Straud AKA Not-Voldemort. Originally served as Vlad's foster brother in my game, I'll repurpose him to instead be the evil wizard Vlad sides with. He believes that magic should be available to everyone, and that the world would thrive if they didn't have to hide. His plan is to invade the normal realms.

He forms a cult where he sways normal sims into becoming witches, and killing those who go against him. He's a powerful witch, but he mostly makes others fight because he tries to create an image of himself: he's a messiah, an envoy of peace and the one who wants to better the world; the people he controls are simply his supporters who go to extreme lengths to help him. He's a political savant and a powerful witch, so he knows how to get away. He works in the shadows to pull the strings, and the Witch's Council/Sages are left trying to figure out how to take him down without massive collateral damage.
    • Rowan Spellman: He's an orphan kid in my game now, living on the streets as part of a challenge. But he'll discover his magical heritage and become a witch.

Sims
    • Scarlett Parker: A girl from Brindleton Bay. Her parents forbid her from skipping school to participate in a video game competition, so she ran away from home. After losing her way, she finds herself in Glimmerbrook and becomes entangled with the Magic Realm. With Brindleton being Erebus' first target, she teams up with Edmund and Rowan to save the day.
    • Cordelia Thebe, the Shallots: Princess Cordelia and the Shallots won't have a direct role in my story. Instead, there will be Thebe and Shallot families of witches. Their legacies live on through them.

Basically, I'm setting up a Harry Potter war, a Harry Potter magic school, and basically doing Harry Potter but with vampires thrown in.

This is a really cool story! It sounds complicated to set up but very satisfying to play out. :)
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Depending on what the untamed magic actually is, I might create a bumbling, clumsy, erratic, sim for that in CAS. lol.

This is brilliant, lol!
    #Team Occult
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I have a really bad wizard WIP sim sitting in my gallery, can't wait to legitimize him. I'm guessing most of my time upon first playing will be spent finding a way to turn some of my existing occult sims into spellcasters 👀
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited August 2019
    hmm probably going to introduce my Premade Legacy to magic

though I'll probably keep founders
    (Vlad and Catherine) vampires
    and their son Theron will also stay vampire (since he is very proud to be one)

I am planning to make Theron marry Cassandra Goth once he is of age uniting Goth and Straud families
    probably keeping Cassandra normal sim idk yet could be fun to make her practical witch too tho
    (i mean goths were magical in makin' magic do we take that into consideration?)

but I think child of Cassandra and Theron will become spellcaster for sure
    and maybe get romantically involved with one of the 3 sims in trailer to continue the legacy
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I have two alter egos from UK that wanna become spellcasters

Meet Queen Maria Zowanski, she will be the good witch from London, England.
    sdWrr1b.png
    Meet Emperor Roman Zowanski, he will be the evil wizard from London, England.
    Q0WfkAR.png
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I might make a new sim in CAS as a spellcaster, or I might make one of my legacy heirs one. Or I might do both, I haven't decided yet.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The first sim I'm going to turn into a witch and thoroughly explore the realm of magic with is my very own simself. I'm a huge fan of all things magical in real life, like to write novels about them, and have been a witch in every previous iteration of The Sims I've played, so it's not going to be any different this time.

Until now, my simself has been playing with everything supernatural already in the game to keep up appearances of being a witch, like using the voodoo doll, getting into herbalism, writing books of life, and of course wearing witchy outfits and living in a witchy mansion. She has recently moved from Forgotten Hollow to StrangerVille and is probably going to stay there because her life is already quite perfect as it is, all that's missing now is a little pinch of magic - or a big one, because I'm totally planning to master all four styles of magic and then some!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have a favorite series of books, a trilogy that I've always wanted to adapt in some way to play and tell a story in TS4. A friend and I wrote a roleplay story together loosely based on these books back in the TS2 days we called, The Pendant. It involves a 10th Century Sorcerer charged by a Goddess to gather five others; a witch, a warrior, a scholar, shapeshifter, and the sorcerer's twin brother - a vampire, to form a circle of six to fight against the Queen of the Vampires and her army to save mankind.

This story also has a portal, but instead of using it to access a magical realm, it's more of a time travel device. It takes place in 10th Century Ireland to begin, then modern day New York and Ireland and the ultimate battle held in an Arthurian world called Geall on the eve of Samhain. All the places he and the others must go are accessed by the Portal.

That's a very, very, extremely rough description, but you get the idea. I was thrilled when we got Vampires, which included the possibility to create vampire/demon hunters too. That's what the Goddess meant by 'a warrior.' But that's only two characters. I still needed at least sorcerers and witches for most of the rest. I'm sure we'll probably never get anything close to shapeshifters, but I can adapt. The land of Geall also has dragons. I've read there's a dragon familiar in ROM, which, while isn't the same I think I can work with as well.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled about this pack and can't wait to play with it and see how I can use it to adapt the above story in some way. <3
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    k80HmeQ.png
    itjGR3y.png

This is my soon-to-be orphan teen witch, and her Auntie witch. I made them both a long time ago in preparation for when witches were finally added, so they need to be updated.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I'm going to make Olive Specter, Bella Goth, and Agnes Crumplebottom into witches. I'll find a way to delete the sages and make them into the new ones.

Might be an annoyance but you could probably drag them into cas.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    I actually have a story that I use sims to help get ideas for. Basically, there was a Goddess Lunayra who was the aspect of magic. Her children eventually became the strongest witches, essentially Demi gods, unlike other witches they lived to be up to a thousand ish.

Eventually their family tree split with three siblings. Magical users are more susceptible to going "mad" in my lore, especially the stronger you are. The three siblings succumbed and started a war that spanned hundreds of years until their grandchildren put a stop to it.

Now in the present the great grand kids learned about the lore, but are forbidden from interacting with their "cousins" except in special circumstances such as a newborn, or a witch coming of age of adulthood. These are one time events only. This is all to prevent a war from happening again, the great grand kids do eventually meet and see each other regularly, unbeknownst to their parents.

One branch has powers over emotions and psychic energies, basically empaths and seeing the future etc. The other branch has power over time and space, and the third conjuration; demons, alchemy, elements, necromancy etc.

Customizing these abilities would be great, I have a ton of witches from those family lines.

The three great grand kids ATM are
    Kyle a teenage boy: of the balance family line, powers being mostly support, telekinesis, force fields, teleportation and freezing time.

Cynthia, an adult in her 20's, of the light lineage, powers being astral projection, premonitions, and levitation.

And T.j, a man in his 60's (with the body of a 20 year old since these witches are Demi gods), of the dark lineage, powers being necromancy and summoning demons. (He can also enter a demonic form for short periods of time)

I know this was long but thanks to anyone who showed interest lool

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Honestly, I'm not quite sure about what to do with my already existing sims. The reason is that we cannot have a proper magical school yet and that is why I won't be able start my Harry Potter story. But there are some stories evolving in my head, like making kind of a "good fairy" for my Cinderella sim and let her live close to the castle in a small, magical hut. Or turn a rebelliuos teenager into a furious witch / wizard, something like that.

At the moment, my plans are to update my Hogwarts building and other magical buildings from Harry Potter, as well as the Hogwarts students I have already created - and re-upload all of them to the gallery. I might even re-build some of the buildings and start again from scratch as some of them have been built before the implemention of the terrain tool.

Furthermore, as Glimmerbrook is way too small, I will make Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow my magical "exclaves" and might move some of my Muggle families elsewhere. I might already start some magical dynasties just to be prepared for the university pack that is (hopefully) coming soon.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    edited August 2019
    To start I'll have two spellcasters and their families will move to Glimmerbrook. One is still a child from my Ginger legacy (Deidre), still human, so don't know if she has to wait to gain the powers but I'll start her off as best as I can. Her first familiar will be her dog Pumpkin and she will specialize in alchemy (her granny was a mixologist). The other spellcaster will be a male I'll create in CAS (named after my passed fave drummer Randy Castillo) who will partner with my hybrid vampire sim, Maren Ziegler, now living in Forgotten Hollow. She has very pale skin but is human. She adopted cat Mayor Whiskers and he will be the first familiar. Both will add crows, owls, dragons, voidcritters etc. to their familiar family. And I hope to start two Magical Bloodline families.
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    Okay, I just got another idea:

You can have void creatures as your familiar... What about a magical Pokemon story or a Pokemon-Harry-Potter crossover?

Slightly weird, but might work?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    My primary save is a Teen Wolf one, so while I'm waiting for werewolves to come to the game, Stiles will most definitely go poking around in the Magic Realm.
    Other than that, there's a chance some of my other Sims will go exploring, especially Arlene (she's my Cats&Dogs Rags2Riches Sim( since she has several pets who could become her familiars :D

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Keala Hoapili will become a master spellcaster. I ve aged her down and and removed the erratic trait. I plan on setting up Bella Goth as witch as well
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    right now i'm just fixing buildings and making sims for the new game pack.. plus it's coming in my birthday month...so i get it for a Birthday gift from my husband.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I’m going to purchase Island Living, Realm of Magic and the Moschino Stuff Pack as a bundle when they go on sale, and then I’ll make a wizard mermaid or something like that.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Sadly, I've had to scrap my original plans for my main save since I don't think vampires or child sims are able to do magic/alchemy. In my second/alternative save though my sim's alternate 'dark' personality has taken over and become the infamous leader of the vampires, who thanks to him now rule over all the non-magical worlds, except Sulani. I plan for his future great grandson to have a forbidden romance with the daughter of a powerful sage. His great grandfather will then of course use their marriage to his advantage to help form an alliance between vampires and spellcasters and thus increase his power. >:)

I'm also tempted to create another save in an alternative universe where my main sim is cured of his vampirism as a reward for his good deeds. He's always wanted to live and die like a normal human, but I think deep down in his heart he will always be drawn to the occult. It's just his nature. So, if he happened to fall through a magical portal, well...
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Soooooooooo many!!!

I'll try to keep this short so as to not .. bore anyone to death, but

1. The Gatekeepers: I know I'll have a family in Glimmerbrook that will carry the magical bloodline. They will be there from the start and stay there forever. Their kids will all be spellcasters and they will frequently travel to the realm. Basically, these sims will be the gatekeepers of the realm, knowing that it exists but also trying to conceal it from the muggles as much as possible.
    2. Who are you, really?: I'd love to play a story where the mom or dad is a spellcaster but hasn't told any of their family members. They will live in Glimmerbrook as well, and one day, the kid will see daddy or mommy come out of the portal and of course want to know what is going on. This does depend though on whether there's a way to ask people if they're spellcasters, and to what extent spellcasters can train others. I hope quite a bit.
    3. Magic school <3<3: okay, so this one, I'm looking forward to the most. I hope there's a very large lot and that I can place a very large magical orphanage/school there and have like all my young witches and wizards attend it to become the powerful spellcasters they were meant to be. Kind of like my military, but with spellcasters xD Again, I hope there's a lot of ways to train with each other. I can't wait to see how they'll be able to progress their skills and everything. I'm super excited about this. I'm already in the process of figuring out a name :D
    4. The tribe goes magic: in my current save, I'd love to have my future tribe chief marry a witch. Because I think it'd be really awesome to have a witch in the tribe as well. I haven't thought about it much further than that though :D

ETA: right, and of course, I want to make a witch in the city, with a black cat as her familiar, wreaking havoc on the neighborhood ^^
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have a few families that fit into ROM : the Halliwells(Paige-not Prue) from Charmed, Samantha Stevens from Bewitched, the Owens from Practical Magic, and a future Charmed with an older Piper and sons of the Charmed Ones. May do a few Fantastical Beasts characters as well, since I think that was who the blond in the red coat was based on. Loving how the magical realm looks and the clothing. Thought it was cute when magical toddlers in sims 3 would be playing with a toy that disappeared and then reappeared again. I hope the mention that children wouldn't do magic but could discover something would be something cute like that...can't wait to get the pack.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    will681 wrote: »
    I have a few families that fit into ROM : the Halliwells(Paige-not Prue) from Charmed, Samantha Stevens from Bewitched, the Owens from Practical Magic, and a future Charmed with an older Piper and sons of the Charmed Ones. May do a few Fantastical Beasts characters as well, since I think that was who the blond in the red coat was based on. Loving how the magical realm looks and the clothing. Thought it was cute when magical toddlers in sims 3 would be playing with a toy that disappeared and then reappeared again. I hope the mention that children wouldn't do magic but could discover something would be something cute like that...can't wait to get the pack.

<3 Practical Magic! I really need to watch that one again :D
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm going to go back into CAS and give them the spellcaster occult type
  • MartinvMartinv Posts: 254 Member
    Sadly, it's too late for my current sims, they're all ghosts now and I consider them dead now. I have a couple of sims in mind that I'm working on now for this pack, Cassandra Goth and Sabrina Spellman. I might have to age down Cassandra though.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m going to make Vlad’s wife Aurelia into an evil witch and give her immortality, she’s currently a vampire so I’ll have to cure that first I guess (I’m not very happy that she can’t be both). I can’t wait to add some more drama into this save with the new pack!
    Here she is with Lilith, they um.. keep each other company when Vlad isn’t around.
    lLuplm3.jpg
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    No plans for already existing Sims, but I created a Witch to test the new game pack when it comes out.

Haven't decided a name for her yet, I've been playing with a fantasy name generator but right now she has no name.
    The traits will be changed later too.

08-21-19-11-55-11-PM.png

08-21-19-11-55-35-PM.png

Next I'll create a male witch but right now my inspiration has run dry, so maybe later :D
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.