Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recipes on Sulani

I have a Chef that I've played without cheats. I've learned every single recipe that I can find in the game (that I am aware of) in all towns/worlds/etc.. I've ordered every meal from all of the food stalls in Sulani and all of the meals on the in-ground charcoal pit have been made and eaten. Are the Sulani recipes able to be added to the "learned recipes" list for my Sim or is this a glitch that they aren't in my game? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited August 2019
    The Sulani recipes are not cooked on a stove or in an oven, but rather on a fire pit. They are not a learned recipe, but rather show up when you click on the fire pit.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I just reread through your original post, and you said that you have already attempted to use the in-ground fire pit. If it is not showing up for your sim, because my sim who only has one skill in cooking does show up for them, might be a mod related issue, if you play with any mods. The reason I mention this is because after adding the Island Living patch I had to remove a mod that was now preventing my sim from doing something on the computer. After I removed it they were able to once again do it.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Thank you so much! I don't use Mods but maybe it is a glitch, or else the meals eaten from Sulani food stalls just don't show up in the "known recipes" list or something. Ah, well!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    The fire pit does not provide options for all of the new recipes, only some. At this time, there is no known way to learn some of the food stall recipes, like poke and fish stew. This is, in my opinion, a major oversight.
  • Options
    sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    Agreed Amapola76!!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    The fire pit does not provide options for all of the new recipes, only some. At this time, there is no known way to learn some of the food stall recipes, like poke and fish stew. This is, in my opinion, a major oversight.[/quote]

This is one of the things that really annoyed me about this pack along with the coconut cake that looks exactly like the white cake.