Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite room in the house to design or decorate?

Comments

• sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other

Outdoor spaces, kitchens, and bedrooms are my favorite ♥

Giqs36n.png

ncmFYVL.png

QQCGh7d.png

More under the tag

gLaEgQ7.png

DpQ9uS1.png

VroGmRg.png

Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    Its a VERY hard to choose, but i'm going with kitchen/dining
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • KittyQueenKittyQueen Posts: 4 New Member
    I like to decorate the kitchen the most
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    @sillyangel0906 Very beautiful screenshots -- thanks for sharing! That last spanish style kitchen is my favorite -- well done!
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Other
    I'd say like hobbyroom or creative outlet or whatever you'd call it...sometimes they are seperate rooms and sometimes they are combined with another room depending on what it is (or if it's not just a hobby but also their job).
    I also love making "recording studios" for my musicians.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Drzombae1Drzombae1 Posts: 37 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I love the kitchen so much. always my fav
  • badxwolfxrisingbadxwolfxrising Posts: 69 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    Definitely the kitchen, it's the soul of a home. Food=culture in real life, and I love to build kitchens that reflect the worlds my Sims live in.

@Flexono1 that second entrance is beautiful! Don't suppose you've uploaded it to the gallery?
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    Living Room/Den
    Living room, because it's where visitors gets to see a little part of me. Of course, in the Sims where visitors go wherever they want to without an invite, it's kind of moot. :D:D
  • WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    Bedroom
    I love creating NOCC paintings, so my next 'favourite room' depends on what art I have. Even the loo has had it's day.
    and @GrumpyGlowfish so agree with the lack of matching, drives me crazy. :s
    kCqvHlW.png
    JeJUZyk.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Other
    WhiteMojo wrote: »
    I love creating NOCC paintings, so my next 'favourite room' depends on what art I have. Even the loo has had it's day.
    and @GrumpyGlowfish so agree with the lack of matching, drives me crazy. :s
    kCqvHlW.png

how do people make those though? is there guide somewhere?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Bathroom
    If I have to choose just one I'd say bathroom so that's what I picked but really I should have chosen the "all of the above" option because I love building and decorating. I HAVE learned though to only use MOO on decorative items because it irks me when pathing breaks.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Smoky1967Smoky1967 Posts: 41 Member
    Living Room/Den
    My favorite is all of the above, but i chose livingroom/den as that is usually the easiest room for me. I really like to do one main great room that has the kitchen, dining, living area and office all together. If I'm doing a build for a family, the great room then gets dollhouse and play area thrown in too. great question!
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    I voted kitchen but laundry room and bathroom were strong contenders :p
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Bedroom
    This was suprisingly difficult question to answer mainly because I really haven't thought about it. I went with bedrooms but please note that for many of my Sims their bedrooms double as an office/desk area as well especially for my teens and as I have a lot of roommate situations where the bedroom doubles as a lot of things for my Sims. At least two bedrooms double or tripple as a bedroom/office/livingroom. In one situation its because said sim is a loner and rooms with 2 outgoing Sims he doesn't really like and the other is a mother and son toddler who live outside the main house in a houseboat kinda thing.

Bedrooms can also be most difficult for me to decorate because I like to decorate the bedrooms in what ever the personality, hobbies and interest the Sim has and is but sometimes it takes me a long time to see it. Sometimes never.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Living Room/Den
    Living room. I always choose antique looking forniture and the living room offers the most choices for that. I'm a bit terrible when it comes to kitchens though, mine always look rather basic.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Bedroom
    I love decorating bedrooms because it's per sim personality and doesn't have to match the rest of the house. Kid rooms are my favorite. 😁
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Other
    Living room, kitchens and bedrooms.
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    Other
    Was torn between voting for kitchen (my initial thought) and open floor plan for kitchen/living room (the answer I decided to go with).

In RL I find kitchens that peek into the living room to be the best for entertaining in a cozy, warm, and inviting way.

For a long time my favorite home build of mine was a house that had the kitchen as the heart of the home's floor plan that opened up into the living room. The "ranch" functioned really well for a household of eight and their guests as a good venue to gather/celebrate at.
  • Not_HumanoidNot_Humanoid Posts: 39 Member
    Other
    I like doing entry halls with lots of clutter! :)
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Kitchen/Dining
    @Not_Humanoid Oh yes! A fellow clutter-lover, haha. Clutter is my favorite.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Bedroom
    Bedrooms for all ages! I feel it's really where a Sim's personality comes out! Here's one for a teenage future Spellcaster:

jH6GiVO.png
  • whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Bedroom
    I love trying to think of what a particular sim (or general type of sim) would want and need in their room. It's so fun to create a story with the decorations and really think of why the sim might choose to have that object. I recently did a bear-themed toddler room and I had a blast coordinating the colours and arranging some teddies into an adorable bear family (no pics yet, sorry).
    Here's an example of a bedroom I imagined would belong to a quirky, yet mature photographer:
    [img][/img]ezXHPW3.png
    [img][/img]orXBWVk.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Other
    Decor, landscape, roofs, stairs, lights, window decors, door decors & the weather machine.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Other
    I like doing it all , inside and outside.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Living Room/Den
    living or bedroom