Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's with the random holidays popping up?

2...Next

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I think, if you've only just had them, it sometimes takes a little while for them to reappear due to the way the calendar works.

Yep, it only shows 2 seasons ahead.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I think, if you've only just had them, it sometimes takes a little while for them to reappear due to the way the calendar works.

Yep, it only shows 2 seasons ahead.

I knew it was something like that but I wasn't sure of the exact period it showed, and as I haven't got around to adding more than 1 holiday to my current save's calendar, it's still really only got the default stuff.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I want to say a random holiday is added each week. There are quite a few. Yes you can end them early if you forget to delete them in advance but I believe Sims get a negative buff when you do? Not sure on that.

Not always. I think it depends on your traits. I usually have romantic-style traits so cancelling Valentines always results in a debuff. However, mischief rarely does but I rarely use mischief sims.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I too would love a way to delete the holidays I don't want. The ability to create my own holidays was the only reason I bought Seasons, so I don't want game-created holidays involved.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I too would love a way to delete the holidays I don't want. The ability to create my own holidays was the only reason I bought Seasons, so I don't want game-created holidays involved.

Same here. I only want real world holidays in my game, so the random weird holidays like "neighborhood brawl" and the like really irk me. :/
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Sometimes I keep and use the random days to increase sims skill or trait and ignore the others. It depends on how one wants to play the game.
  • wallisdjwallisdj Posts: 18 Member
    I believe the original point is completely missed and redirected. Whether or not some people like the random holidays or not is irrelevant. When we cancel the darn holiday, it should be permanently canceled, whether or not we bring someone into the household or not. We want a switch that saves time and energy. Sure! We can waste our game time "resetting" the holiday calendar. But what fun is that? It is bad enough that we have to control our sims so much that they can't do simple, normal stuff on their own, even with total autonomy.

Give us a switch that turns any holiday off forever!!!
  • Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    But okay, random holidays. Huh. To me it kind of negates the "make your own" thing, but ok. I just have to check calendar every day and delete them.
    Once a week will be enough. All the holidays show up for the entire week, usually.

• CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'd love for there to be a way to edit or delete all the holidays and events, especially Prank Day and Neighborhood Brawl Day, but I can't because they don't show up on the calendar until they're underway. I like the random holidays and events to a point but I want them not to be hidden and therefore uneditable.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I definitely wouldn't mind deleting Prank Day and Neighborhood Brawl Day forever.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • suzy21suzy21 Posts: 7 New Member
    I find it really annoying sometimes, I want the holidays to be my way just like real life
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'm sure I've deleted holidays I don't want from particular saves and they've never come up again. You just have to keep an eye out for the unwanted ones in the calendar.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top