Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Trailer Discussion

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

So awesome. My witch already has a black cat names Nefertiti. Now it will be her familiar! Love it!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It doesn't look good, Wands seem to be forced, Magic isn't nicely animated, they shouldn't have done magic hands. Potions look stupid and it They made a mockery of what could have been an awesome pack.

Yikes dude.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Dragons aren't really my thing in the sims franchise, but owls and crows?! I think I'm already sold :D I miss having birds about the worlds!
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Is the main character from the trailer a woman, a man or inter?

I think it's a guy, but then again I thought the Redhead from the Strangerville trailer was a girl.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited August 2019
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I'm pleasantly surprised. The trailer looks very fun. I find it interesting how much they went for the Harry Potter look.

I think they're inspired by Harry Potter for sure.

I wonder if the 'floating magical city' is inspired by Dalaran from World of Warcraft...

Also, there's no such thing as too much 'new plants'.

I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Also boooooo... Was really hoping for something for kids to do.

Why is it so HARD to program kids to have magic powers too?!?!?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

They said it was going to be the size of Forgotten Hollow...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

Aww. I liked how Makin' Magic had kid-specific spells and gameplay, but then that one was a full EP
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hmmmm... that's all I can say for now lol.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

I think it's a guy, but then again I thought the Redhead from the Strangerville trailer was a girl.

I was at first sure he/she was a woman, but I think it's a male voice.

The worlds look stunning, the new hairstyles not so much.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    Sigh. So everyone can learn magic. That's not what I wanted at all. What's the point of having a witch occult if you're just going to give everyone magic anyway?!

@PlayerSinger2010 it's not automatically available to all sims. You have to either create your sim as a spellcaster or a "normal" sim has to ask one of the three sages to perform the "right of ascension" to be able to do magic.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I never wanted it to only be born into witchcraft so I'm really glad you can become one... or it seems like be born into it but like vamp kids, no powers till later. I want to tell stories from both perspectives.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Aww. I liked how Makin' Magic had kid-specific spells and gameplay, but then that one was a full EP

It's already posted above, but kids will have some sort of magic related ability. I know that in vampires they can learn vampire lore at the child stage, so it may be nothing more than that, but it will be something.

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Looked like a woman to me.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    first impression is good
    will need to know more about things first but for now seems right my alley
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I wonder if sims from other worlds will be found walking there or if it is limited to just the ones that are there and your sim that you take thru it
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited August 2019

They said it was going to be the size of Forgotten Hollow...

I think that might have been referring to the new (non-magical) world which is fair considering this is only a game pack.
  • CatnipSimzCatnipSimz Posts: 18 Member
    Honestly, i love the supernatural part of the sims so this looks so exciting for me. Lets hope its as good as the trailer!
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    This looks super interesting. The world looks lovely, but I'm keen to see what gameplay is like and what we get new in CAS as well! I have a couple of Sims who I think would suit magic VERY well!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It should be "RITE of ascension," not right. They're performing a ritual, not a right, like the right to an attorney or on your right. I know no one cares but it's driving me quite batty. I need another adult beverage.

I'm with you! Hear, hear! *Clinks tankards*
    #Team Occult
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I love everything I have seen and heard so far; it looks like we are getting a lot of things that people were hoping for (or at least that I was hoping for). I love the look of the realm of magic -- it's almost like it is in another dimension; it also seems like a secret lot that not everyone can see. Inside the portal, it looks like there is some kind of magic market, with shops for ingredients and spells, and the big house that sort of resembles a magic school or library. As part of the magic skill, there are potions, spells, and curses, as well as the ability to duel, use wands and to fly around on different brooms. Best of all, they've included familiars, from existing pets and a few new varieties of pet (including a fairy!) It sounds like you have to complete a quest to become a Spellcaster, which means that it takes some effort to unlock the lifestate, and from the sounds of it, there is a skill or power tree similar to that of vampires. Children can't do magic (of course! sigh), but do inherit the ability. (Maybe they will be able to do accidental magic -- that would be cool). I like the idea of there being Sages to teach your sim, different brooms, and the ability to record/ keep track of the spells that a sim has learned.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Uhm SimGuruRomeo is giving very suspicious answers on Twitter regarding spiral stairs. I don’t know how to link on mobile, but someone better at these things please do because spiral stairs?! Maybe??? 😱

What suspicious answers? I'd like the spiral stairs to return, too!

Let’s see if this works...

In response to a question about spiral stairs:

After some tweets of people teasing him, letting him know “because everyone wants spiral stairs”

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top