Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Trailer Breakdown + Official Info

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
a7hlKOF.png

Official Links

cFXXjra.png

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/realm-magic-reveal

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/game-packs/the-sims-4-realm-of-magic

KDSstUT.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L09ld07hEVc

Do you like magic? How about spellcasting? Competing with friends to find out who has mastered more tricks? Or, have you ever found yourself waving a magic wand, only to realize it doesn’t work the way you had hoped?

Simmer, have we got some news for you. More accurately, have we got some news for your Sims! This one has been a long time brewing, and we hope you’re entranced by The Sims™ 4: Realm of Magic*, coming to PC and Mac on September 10, 2019 and console on October 15, 2019. Read on to learn more about this otherworldly pack.

Welcome to Glimmerbrook

It's a quiet town. Family homes. Places to hang out. A dense wooded area with a mysterious pathway. Wait, what is back there, Simmer? Where could this not-so-secret secret trail possibly lead? Well, if your Sim has any bit of adventure in their personality, they'll want to know. And what they'll discover is a world unlike any other in The Sims 4. First, a quick warning: Once your Sim goes through that portal door, they won't be able to un-see this enchanted world. And they certainly won't want to leave without learning a few spells!

Gettin' Crafty

Speaking of spells, who better to learn magic from than the best? Once through the portal, Sims can meet wizards who just might teach them a thing or two. Plus, Sims can get experimental with a giant cauldron, collect elements to make interesting potions, and even test their skills against other aspiring spellcasters. This is gonna be good. Wicked good!

Wardrobe for Wizardry

Creating spells is great and all, but don't forget about dressing the part. To get your Sim in the magic-making spirit, they can don cloaks, celestial dresses, accessories, and more to blend in with other spellcasters or stand out among the crowd. What will your Sim be wearing when they master the recipe for love potion or when they finish that challenging quest? The choice is yours!

Clipped YouTube screenshots. * Added better images.

Screenshots

hD7Pau1.jpg

KHBj8TO.jpg

aGFHGWc.jpg

8kPiCYI.jpg

O4Ceaga.jpg

o74vBwQ.jpg

CTg5J07.jpg

pZ73a2p.jpg

KwXemlH.jpg

Row4J9F.png

uJKNvN6.jpg

70NHjSk.jpg

sFkRbtB.jpg

O9lZk9h.jpg

vYeSjbR.png

yubm6Vg.jpg

2XeOSqa.jpg

S4YAQgU.jpg

XydaLXV.jpg

kbyv4jj.jpg

hk4K5lG.jpg

fKgUpHr.jpg

sctd6sV.jpg

Nf2PPx2.jpg

HGC7Hpl.jpg

5oC42Gi.jpg

pzCNH1N.jpg

QdMdCxB.jpg

s2ruvVG.jpg

2axXypc.jpg

hciIA1n.jpg

MqgukxD.jpg

UWTGpSx.jpg

kSWA4ZU.jpg

me6rf1W.png

7dzBZVS.jpg

HY4IEsw.jpg
wB2Zykl.jpg
Post edited by Hestia on

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Update: Better images are here.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    edited August 2019
    On the Dutch official The Sims website it says that spellcasters will be able to choose a totem animal! Among them are dragons and fairies!
    Btw, did someone notice that snake in the last shot ^^
    @Ravench The comeback of dragons is making me scream with so much joy! I'm so glad that we can choose familiars other than cats. My goodness, I haven't been this excited in a long time. Reliving "The Sims 1 Makin' Magic!" I don't want to be too optimistic but I am looking forward to more info.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Me too! Is there any info yet on when the livestream will take place?
    @Ravench Not sure yet.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Ah too bad, but with three weeks to go still it'll probably be later rather than sooner ^^
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Very reminiscent of Fantastic Beasts (And Where To Find Them). I love.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well, i hope the modding community can dish out better stuff. I really hope I am bitter for nothing. I really want them to prove me wrong in the live stream cause I'm ready to chew them out.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    Duels, magical teachers, familiars (including dragons!), a really cool-looking bazaar area, potions (hopefully the return of Alchemy), and broom-riding. This is shaping up to be a really good pack.

Two hopes: the familiars aren't just temporary allies you summon, ala the dolphins from Island Living, and can stay in your home as pets. I want my boy Torch to live with me. (Assuming we can have purple dragons.) He's family, even if he'll eat my children and set my house on fire.

My second hope is that broom-riding is expanded to include races or sport competitions. I don't care if we're ripping off Quidditch, this game needs more competitions and sports between sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Ravench wrote: »
    Me too! Is there any info yet on when the livestream will take place?

The release is on 10th (TUE). By the usual logic, doesn't that mean a patch on 6th (THU) and stream on 7th (FRI)?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Omg I'm soo excited yess ! This looks amazing, I wonder if magic is a skill or is it a new life state, I wouldnt mind it being a skill, vampires could be magical 😊, finally could have a vampire witch hybrid if it is lol
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2019
    Jnyx wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Well, i hope the modding community can dish out better stuff. I really hope I am bitter for nothing. I really want them to prove me wrong in the live stream cause I'm ready to chew them out.

Being a plum and chewing out the people who make the game because a pack wasn't exactly what you wanted it to be is kind of pathetic dude.

I don't care. I'll get over it. let me be bitter in peace.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    There's DRAGONS AND FAERIES!!!!!!! That exceeds my expectations for a pack like this and I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    There's DRAGONS AND FAERIES!!!!!!! That exceeds my expectations for a pack like this and I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!!

Where are there faeries? Those are already confirmed not in the pack, am I missing something?

ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member

I think they can be familiars, not actual controllable life states.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    edited August 2019

Where are there faeries? Those are already confirmed not in the pack, am I missing something?

you can have a fairy (or dragon) as a FAMILIAR. It just we can't turn our SIMS into a fairy. Read "GET REAL FAMILIAR
    An ethereal familiar – or protector -- will help your Sim become the Spellcaster they were destined to be. Summon a dragon, fairy, or the familiar that best suits your Sim’s personality as a personal guard and give it a creative name."
    6adMCGP.gif
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    So excited!!!!!
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited August 2019
    This looks amazing, and theres only 2 things I didn't see in the trailer that I hope we receive.

1. That new giant coven-esque home would be the perfect place for there to be a spiral staircase.
    2. The little town square with the booths built in to buildings leads me to believe besides the 3 booths, the rest of the buildings are non-usable. I hope besides the 3 booths we also have one town pub where all the magical sims can gather to drink and banter, with some cool new magic inspired drinks. Since they clearly went Harry Potter inspired, it would only be fitting for it to be there.
    Post edited by Coconut27 on
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I love that we can have a dragon or fairy as a familiar!
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    I assume we'll be able to make a spellcaster in CAS, but has this been confirmed yet?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hestia wrote: »
    CTg5J07.jpg

Purely based on this it looks like we'll get a potions shop, a shop with magical crystals (*) and maybe, just maybe, a .. fortune teller (the one on the back)?!! I think that would be awesome if we got fortune tellers again and really, what other pack could they put that in :D

God I'm so hyped. And the wait is soooooooooo long xD

*ETA: yes, crystals and brooms too as far as I can tell from another part of the video :D
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Those windows and the matching archway have me dying!
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    HY4IEsw.jpg

That building!!! I can't wait to see the BB assets in this pack!!!

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member

The familiar faeries, not actual life state ones. They're similar to dragons and the other familiars. So not like the human-type, but other sorts of Fae creatures.

I do hope life-state faeries get their own pack at some point but I'm really happy these are included!