Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you influenced by EA Game Changer reviews?

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    No
    The main reason I watch or read reviews is to find out more about what's in a pack, and in those cases I usually watch/read more than one because every reviewer has different priorities. Their personal opinions rarely interest me, though, and never influence me at all.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    No
    No, though I saw Carl mentioned. I have read his site for information. I really make up my own mind on everything.

I don't follow YouTubers though I've occasionally watched clips.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    No
    I believe reviews are very important, positive and negative, to help when deciding but no review and no single Game Changer (or LGR) should sway anyone one way or another. It is good to be informed when buying a product, and in case of DLC, I think it is important to see if the content suits your style and it's worth your money.

It is a bit disheartening though to go through this thread and read over and over how Game Changers are biased and how they can't be trusted, or how if they say something negative, they will be taken out of the program. There are many Game Changers by now, some more positive than others some more known than others, some completely anonymous. There are also GC for really diverse areas and aspects of the game, not every Game Changer is a Youtuber with a large number of followers.

I have been a part of the GC program myself for a year now, the first pack I got after getting accepted was Get Famous. Since then, unfortunately, there hasn't been a pack that I would recommend anyone to buy at full price (including GF). I have never been shy about my opinions neither here in the forums nor on Twitter. I wrote reviews on Early Access to every pack since then here on the forums, and all of them were very critical.
    I don't do videos or anything like that, what I love is to create sims and lots/rooms and share them with my fellow simmers on the gallery.

This forum is my main source of Sims related topics and I love it but man...sometimes it can get quite nasty around here. I am really critical myself, but it makes me feel sad to read so many negative comments, generalisations, and false rumours about the Game Changers.

Please, be a little kinder online to your fellow simmers (and to everyone really).

I'm glad you've made the comment to encourage everyone to be kinder to fellow Simmers. I didn't mean to create a generalization of Game Changers myself but I must admit, I don't know of many but the ones I am aware of often always recommend a pack because a cute new CAS item far outweighs a game breaking bug or broken item in their opinion. I'll definitely have to check out your reviews!
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    No
    I don't watch reviews for reviews. I watch them to find out what's in the pack. Then I make up my own mind. I don't care if they're a Game Changer or not.
  • halihali Posts: 66 Member
    edited August 2019
    No
    I only watch Game Changer reviews because their early access allows me to see BB & CAS items ASAP.
    Post edited by hali on
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    Yes
    I said yes, because I do like to know what's in a pack before I decide to purchase it or not. Having said that, I've found that sticking to specific game changers who I trust is the way to go. More than a few are 100% squee every single time. I don't bother with those. I want someone who is going to be honest about what they like/don't like about the packs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    No
    Nope. I don't watch them. I love this game so already know I'll be purchasing new content. I do watch LGR simply because I love his delivery.

ETA: I do watch some build videos to get ideas for renovating lots I download.

Pretty much the same here. I already know I love the Sims games - and have for 20 years - I don't need anyone else telling me that. I am always interested in what my Sims can get into next and am never influenced by anyone - but i may watch some players I particularly like - like ones who put together great outfits or build amazing places. Even if i never download what they build I still enjoy watching all that talent.

What I don't watch is mean Sims - killing sims - players who put down other players etc. I do not enjoy killing or meaness in the game or being mean to other players. So i will avoid any of that kind of thing.

I do sometimes like some of the stories some simmers come up with - so then I may watch for a while anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    Nope. The only opinion that counts is mine. And I'm going to buy whatever EA puts out simwise cause I'm an addict.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    No
    No. I watch parts of new let's plays and reviews exclusively to see how packs play out before buying them for myself. It's all about what works for your gameplay. A game changer could give a glowing or horrible review for a pack, but in the end I don't really care because most of them don't play how I do, and they're not spending my money. I decide what a pack is worth for me.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I couldn't care less about reviews, we all like different things. I know what I like and what I don't. :)
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    No
    No. I've been watching James since TS3. And not all game changers huge channels. I watch some with just 2000 subs. I just enjoy the content.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2019
    No
    meljones wrote: »
    Nope. The only opinion that counts is mine. And I'm going to buy whatever EA puts out simwise cause I'm an addict.

@meljones lol I said something similar in another thread. I buy everything EA puts in front of me I don't wait for reviews and I dont wait for sales. I do like seeing James or Deli go ovver new objects but I already know I'm getting the pack no matter what.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I always watch Deligracy, Plumbella, Lilsimsie, Sims Supply and LGR reviews. But even if they say it's terrible, I buy all the packs anyway.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No
    That should be a "LOL, No." I don't need to watch an EA-paid endorsement. I already know that this iteration falls far short of the others.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    No
    One thing I don't particularly like is this idea that honesty = not positive. No disrespect to lilsimsie, but people were just gushing in her comments over her honesty. It kind of seemed like they were all implying that positive reviews aren't honest. If maybe there hadn't been so much negativity recently in the Sims community, maybe that connotation wouldn't be there, but it is. Not that what lilsimsie said wasn't worth pointing out and isn't a valid thing to consider when purchasing this pack, but...come on, guys, just because someone has something negative to say doesn't mean people who had positive things to say aren't being honest.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    jacechu wrote: »
    One thing I don't particularly like is this idea that honesty = not positive. No disrespect to lilsimsie, but people were just gushing in her comments over her honesty. It kind of seemed like they were all implying that positive reviews aren't honest. If maybe there hadn't been so much negativity recently in the Sims community, maybe that connotation wouldn't be there, but it is. Not that what lilsimsie said wasn't worth pointing out and isn't a valid thing to consider when purchasing this pack, but...come on, guys, just because someone has something negative to say doesn't mean people who had positive things to say aren't being honest.

What?! People are allowed to like TS4 packs without being accused of being shills for EA?! You know that's not possible. ;)

Honestly, lilsimsie seems nice enough, but she's said before that she doesn't like occultish stuff in her game. That's already a bias against RoM.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    No

What?! People are allowed to like TS4 packs without being accused of being shills for EA?! You know that's not possible. ;)

Honestly, lilsimsie seems nice enough, but she's said before that she doesn't like occultish stuff in her game. That's already a bias against RoM.

Yeah, nothing against lilsimsie, and bias towards one aspect of the game makes her a great resource for that aspect of the game. And what she said about the town/builds in her video is absolutely worth noting. It's more people gushing about how honest a negative review is. Which really extends beyond her and this pack. Really not trying to single her/her community out
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    No

It's not just simsie and not just the SIms community unfortunately.

On the forums alone, there's a significant amount of people who seem to see any review that's positive as biased and untrustworthy and I'm guessing the GCs know that this is the attitude (if you watch Plumbella's video, she makes a huge point about how she can't be 100% unbiased because of being a GC and that also irked me). People who criticise get praise heaped on them, people who look for positives get slammed. It is what it is, unfortunately.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    No
    Nah, although I do follow a lot of them. Part of it is that I generally don’t agree with most of them, or what bothers them doesn’t bother me? I have yet to find a reviewer where I consistently agree with their take on things.

Like. I’m just here to have the challenge vids on in the background while I clean, ok.

I mostly watch them for other stuff outside their reviews, and I enjoy LGR reviews due to his humor and the production.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,185 Member
    No
    Yes i watch some but no they never influence me.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    No
    No, I just like to see the sneak peaks & what the new games can do.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No
    I'm not a game changer and ppl still think I'm lying if I say something positive sometimes 🤷‍♂️. I can imagine how much more so the gcs get this. The ones I watch seem to have both positive and negative things to say though, so I tend to believe them, even though most of the time I don't necessarily agree haha. A lot of the ones I watch are into building and I'm not at all so the packs that I like aren't necessarily the same as what they do. I watch more just to see what's in the pack, and for entertainment value but I buy or don't buy based on my own opinion and not theirs or anyone else's. For me it's all about completing the perfect Sims game for myself and that includes most but not all of the packs available
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    No
    No although I do watch LGR James Turner Deligracy lilsimsie and Plumbella plus more. I just mentioned the ones that actually recently got backlash because they are game changers (excluding LGR) and speak their minds about the game. Viewers get upset and say things like "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" and "you get the game for free you should be happy". There are lots of others that I do watch and yes they are all happy with the game for the most part and do criticize certain things about the game. Just because they are game changers does mean they can't give honest opinions. I find that most do speak out when something bothers them about the game. I just love The Sims and know that nothing is perfect. lilisimsie actually just reviewed the builds for the new game pack. She was not happy. One of the houses has stairs that should go to a back door but there is no door. lol
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    edited September 2019
    No
    I watch them but I don't care about their opinions that much because it's very subjective, something that I may love, they may hate, I love toddlers and a lot of people find them annoying for example. So I prefer to make my own mind. Also I have been playing the sims for 20 years and nothing would stop me from buying new content for the game.