Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone think that the ability to swim in all the worlds will happen

It would be amazing if we could swim in all the bodies of water in all the worlds. To have boats and kayaks and all sorts of things would be amazing. For you to be able to travel from one neighborhood to the other by boat. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    _000key wrote: »
    It would be amazing if we could swim in all the bodies of water in all the worlds. To have boats and kayaks and all sorts of things would be amazing. For you to be able to travel from one neighborhood to the other by boat. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Now that the devs have figured out the limitations and bupass the engine problems in ocean swimming by engineering it I say they can do it. The only question is if they will Spend their time on it.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I think it would be amazing if they did, the part of the island living trailer where the mermaid in human form walks in the water for the first time ever in the sims is amazing and historical.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I believe they said making it possible in older worlds would break past saves, but I hope they'll do it in future worlds, and that whatever comes in ROM will have a pond or a lake you can swim in. After all, if it's designed for Occults, they'll need something for mermaids if people have Island Living.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Not sure it's quite so simple. I do remember someone mentioning that it would cause problems for older saves as mentioned above. The ocean in IL is entirely different to the water paint effect in previous worlds, but I think they'll definitely try and include more water sources that we can interact with in future games. It's such a highly requested feature now that I can't see them getting out of it!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    I’ve read they removed “wading” from other worlds so I would say my original hunch was on the right track, swimming in the ocean will be exclusive to the IL world and nowhere else. I don’t know if EA can afford to cut a huge feature like ocean swimming out of an already skimpy expansion like they did with photography and GTW. I’d guess not, but they will sell another world in the future that can do this stuff.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I think it is possible as sims are able to wade in parts of other worlds and they didn't rule it out. I say it is a more of a matter of when and their where their priorities (some things seem to be more import to them due to limited time and money. Even if they figured out how to open up all the oceans, it still takes a lot of work to code it in, etc...) They could also keep it exclusive to Sulani for various reasons to focus on other things since sims aren't closed off to other worlds like in previous games besides vacation and university worlds and pretty easy to send sims over there; but I say we are still open to that possibility of making all oceans swimmable.

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I don't know if they want to, or invest time into making this happen. But I am sure, if they really want to they can do it.
    I hope we will get swimming in other worlds, even if it were just one location per world. It is a shame if this is only limited to the tropical world.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    They'd BETTER add in swimming in other worlds... I really want it. I'm honestly waiting for it. It must happen.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    Swimming is a basegame skill so I do think they can and will add ocean or lake swimming to the rest of the world in key spots. (They need’t add anything else like beach lots or snorkeling or suntanning).

I think the test will be if there are new swimming spots in future worlds. If those work then I see no reason why this feature couldn’t be added to a few of the past worlds too. Seasons added weather, food stalls and rinks to previously existing worlds without breaking any saves.

Gardening and fishing upgrades were extensive but not game breaking, as was the late inclusion of basements and terrain tools. These worlds must be somewhat editable to add new features game wide as they are released.