The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

fav way to make money?

2...Next

Comments

• CatnipSimzCatnipSimz Posts: 18 Member
    Painting will always be one of my fav ways to make money, once you get good you make alot of money at a fast pace compared to a normal job.
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Marry unattractive rich townies who "mysteriously" meet their demise shortly thereafter 👀

It depends on the sim, some work actual jobs, most do freelance or work-from-home jobs, some paint or write, and then there are the sims who I do use the above method for...
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Selling paintings and having the trait were your sims steals or takes things accidently form places. Then you can sell the things they took.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Painting is a favorite and it builds up every home with art so I don't ever have to buy any paintings from build mode. Yard sells are a good money maker as well. I overcharge for everything there.
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    Painting. My sim loves to paint and he does it all the time so I can sell paintings really often.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    Painting and writing, or selling stuff my Sim found while walking around.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Fav noncareer way is Writing and Painting. Career wise it's Culinary or Athletic. I do wish every skill was profitable though. Imagine making money off of tutoring with Logic or by doing speaking events with charisma or from personal training with Fitness. Handiness should also be profitable beyond the woodworking table. I haven't gotten Island Living yet but I hope the odd job aspect focuses more on handiness.
  • suzy21suzy21 Posts: 7 New Member
    Painting & writing
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    For quick cash, Painting.

For fun, having a klepto to steal violins and UFO fruit from gardens from all my musicians and hobby gardeners.

Depends on the sim I play. :^)
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    What is your fav way to make money? either job or hobby?

Painting or writing.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    edited August 2019
    Gardening.

Most jobs don't pay enough. Gardening has so many uses. I usually go to the produce stand and buy Tomatoes, Potatoes, Mushrooms, and Onions to grow first. Harvest them to make most meals a lot cheaper. I also grow roses and maybe tulips for money, romance gifts, and laundry additives.

If I want to make serious money gardening, I grow Strawberries and Snapdragons. Once I hit level 5, I splice them together to get Dragonfruit, Get like $500 a day for each plant. More once it evolves and it takes very little effort. Stick down a beehive and you don't even have to fertilize them.

You can go to Granite Falls and purchase Growfruit. Use those as fertilizer with a beehive and your plants evolve faster than heck.
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Maggiedoll wrote: »
    "lisamwitt wrote: »
    The one thing I never do for my Sims is cheat. I do occasionally cheat if I'm setting up a townie's story, to get them where I need them to be, but not with the Sims I'm playing.
    I used cheats at first.. but after playing a bit, it becomes harder to make sims struggle financially than to make them succeed. The normal stuff they want to do makes money. Plant, paint, harvest, etc... just completing their whims makes money. Use the NanoCan trashcan thing, and it's hard to make a family have any money problems at all.

I found I never have to cheat for money. Roses are very good. Use the produce to make meals something like 60% cheaper and selling roses gives over $150 a day at the very beginning at worst quality.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Gardening, it's enjoyable to grow, fertilize and splice plants and it's very profitable.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Grow money trees. A perfect tree will produce over $20000 a day!
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    [quote="stilljustme2;c-17198041"]Mostly painting or writing.[b] I keep most of the paintings in the Sim's inventory, so when they move out they can take them along then sell them to upgrade their starter home. [/b]

Great idea!
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    Dragonfruit before seasons. My sims became millionaires with the crop. The fortune trait gives me payouts. Sometimes I give random sims money to bring it down. (Secret millionaire gameplay)
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    What is your fav way to make money? either job or hobby?

Painting. Work from Home.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!