Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Island Living even worth $30 (25% sale)

2...Next

Comments

• ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Some of the EPs are now 50% off, which one do you guys think is worth that price? Between : Get Famous, Seasons, City Living and Get To Work?

I personally haven't been a huge fan of TS4, I played a little when it came out but eventually switched back to TS3. So I'm looking to buy 1 or 2 EPs to see if it improves gameplay for me, thanks!
    (So far I'm leaning towards Get Famous just because I've always been a huge fan of the celebrity gameplay, Late Night was one of my fave TS3 EP)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Out of those four I would definitely go with Seasons or Get Famous. I use both of those a lot more than the other 2. City Living is my least favourite because living in apartments is a nuisance thanks to those noisy neighbours and it seems to prompt terrible choice in outfits amongst NPCs. I also get a lot of names that are unfamiliar to me in NPC generation as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    I love the pack but if you are concerned about price and missing other EP's that are half off right now I'd get one of those first. I envy people that have waited long enough or come to the series late enough to be able to get the best sales.

@ingridmf I'd say research them and go with your interest.
    egTcBMc.png
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    It is worth twenty dollars. I personally think $30 is still too much. With all the bugs still present, probably less but I would give them $20. I am so sad I didn't wait it out.
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    I see that there's a sale going on. Is Island Living even worth $30 or should I wait for a cheaper sale down the line?

To be honest, I got mine through best buy's digital copy and most of it was paid for by $25 in rewards since I have a best buy membership. Otherwise, if you don't want to pay full price/that much you might want to wait. I love the game, but everyone has different opinions.
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks @Mariefoxprice83 & @Hermitgirl

I re-watched LGR's reviews and I think I'm gonna go with Get Famous and maybe Seasons
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

I think it depends on whether you think it's worth it, since we might not all value things the same. :)
    I have always loved tropical and water/beach themes immensely. (In RL and for games)
    I feel it was worth the $22 sale price I just paid last night, at Best Buy. :D
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-sims-4-island-living-macwindows/6348478.p?skuId=6348478
    I was so happy to finally get it! B)
    The only downside, might be, that it's only the physical copy that's on sale - for $21.99 ( not including tax ).
    The Digital Version is regular price. :/
    Imagine my shock when I opened it in the car on my way home, and saw it had the actual DISC inside, besides the code! :o
    I was really surprised, because I haven't been able to get a disc of anything for Sims 4, since Get To Work.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’d say worth it. There is actually a lot of cool things in this pack. You can sunbathe, layout on a beach towel, float on your back in the pool or ocean, there is lounge chairs and pool loungers. Building sandcastles and even toddlers can play in the ocean. Those are some of my favorites anyway. Also I freaking love the hairs in this pack, I’m all for thick wavy, curly hairs.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    I bought it when it was first released and would happily pay full price again for it. I really like this pack.
    I bought it when it was first released and would happily pay full price again for it. I really like this pack.

Likewise
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    I heard it was really glitched and also the mermaids become mermaids very easily and have no real branching system for skills. The water has no waves and the world from what I heard has alot of set dressing these are the reasons why I think this pack is too expensive right now.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'd say yes, but does it appeal to you from what you've seen? The world is gorgeous.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    If you want to live in an island paradise it's worth it. I've been quite pleased with it so far. I used to think the island in Windenburg was my Sim's forever home, but not anymore. That 20x30 lot at the lagoon is now my favorite place to build smaller homes.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee