Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Store...Do you miss it?

Comments

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I did like it for adding some of the themes I wanted, or adding specific items without the bloat of stuff I didn't need. (I do not need any more bars or decorative junk, and we get loads of clothes for adult and YA females in every pack.) As more and more packs were added, cc and mods often did not keep up, so it was safer to stick to Maxis items that would (theoretically) be updated with patches and new packs.

However, it was horrifically expensive. You could easily buy an expansion pack for what you would pay for a handful of store items. I suspect it might have been a bit of a headache when patching - you'd have to test items people might or might not have in their game against various configurations of packs. Some things would be easy, like clothing and furniture, but there were game play objects, such as the baby monitor, that could bug out. That probably justifies the price for that type of item, but the ordinary CAS and bb objects should have been less expensive.

All in all, considering that we're getting to the point where every patch breaks something, I'd rather have the team focused on items that affect a lot of players rather than fixing bugs for the relatively small number who would buy a particular store item. (Especially since a patch that fixes a store item might very well break something in a pack.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    It was a money pit and equivalent to a loot box. I wanted all the build stuff, so bought that, then year sets were brought out and other sets and I found I was buying things several times over without being credited with buying that build stuff......... even when those cumulative offers came out.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 890 Member
    I enjoyed some aspects of it, like being able to buy certain clothing or hair items without having to purchase the whole set, but I hated how they would often times lock premium items behind world purchases, like the toddler playpen and walker. I also hated how expensive it was. Overall, I would rather have the packs like we have now.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    My bank account doesn't. I bought the whole stores in Sims 2 and 3 - but I did like getting all the worlds and premium stuff in Sims 3 and the baby stuff in Sims 2 store and Sims 3 store. It's the only way we ever got stuff for infants. Back then I had the extra dollars a lot more often - now a days I wouldn't have the dollars to spare or the time to earn them. Time is not on my side.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2019
    Not really.
    Also, let's not forget those darn loot-type boxes, that gave me duplicates, grrrrr. :#
    (I forgot what they were called. :o )
    I did like the part where you can install what you actually want, and leave out the stuff you don't.
    I love the stuff I do have for Sims 3 Store (own most of it). But to acquire it all, I went through a combination of patience, sales, and very generous simmers. I am extremely grateful to those that gifted me. I will never forget things like that. And in turn, I gifted as much as I could, to others, until my points dried up.
    No Store means less grief over choices I have to make. :)
    Even if I do miss being able to pick and choose what goes into the game load... :D
    Post edited by LatteCrab on
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    I do miss it. I still have exactly 2006 points left over. I don't know where I got them from, but It was really nice to be able to get exactly what you wanted. Granted there is now more custom contents for free in the Sims 4, I liked that it was official, and you could share creations and items you made. It was cool to see how much power with building and customization you had in the Sims 3.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I loved the Sims 3 store, at the time, and yes, I had most of the store. Like Reg said, I had much more money coming in then, now not so much so I really appreciate the game packs in the Sims 4.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I bought the game used, so EA would never let me use it. Even when I had new copies of expansion packs, I was locked out. It's their loss, too, because I was really tempted by an Indian set they had.
  • vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    Yes I bought mostly everything had no need for cc. We could even make our own wall paper and make our own world.
  • BulmaBunnyBulmaBunny Posts: 15 Member
    I don't miss the Sims 3 store, I just miss the town life pack
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Absolutely not. I hated the store.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nah not really
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Mixed feelings here.

I liked some of the stuff, and will readily admit that I spent money to buy points to get a lot of the stuff. But it was also pretty expensive, so I can't say I miss it all that much.
  • DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I never really bought anything from the Sims 3 store except for some worlds and maybe a few chairs, so I don't miss it. What I really don't miss is the slow-as-heck Sims 3 launcher. When you wanted to download things to your game via the launcher, it would take SO LONG. That is one thing I remember dreading every time I would switch computers was having to go through the slow launcher to get my store purchases into the game itself. Anyone else remember that? Still love Sims 3 as a whole, though.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    The store was expensive. I don't like it except for the worlds that were offered.

I prefer the sims 4 approach with different types of packs.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Absolutely not. Whilst there was some good content and the items/themes themselves were nice to have, there was just so much stuff for too high a price. I don't even want to think about how much money I might have ended up spending if I'd been tempted. The adverts in-game were constant and it made downloading other players' creations a nightmare because if they'd used too much store stuff you didn't have the game would end up replacing half of it anyway.

If they really wanted to release new themed items or packages they could've easily bundled them into stuff packs for a much more reasonable price. I'm so glad they've left it this time round.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Certainly not. The nickel-and-dime approach of The Sims 3's store was one of the things I most disliked about that iteration, and that was no small feat for a title that I consider to be the weakest of the series.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Tea set, dragons, gondolas, tractors. The list is huge. Copeland and crew bent the engine until it cracked to give us great stuff. Yes I miss it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    Loved the store. Got it all. I wouldn't mind a small selection of game play objects that might not make it into a pack. Toasters, blenders, food processors, juicers, stand mixers, vacuum cleaners. Also decorative items like curtains and clutter
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Nope. Even though I did use it (and purchased quite a lot of money), I much prefer just having expansion, game, and stuff packs for new DLC. The store was overly priced and mostly a cash grab. I think I read somewhere that you would end up spending roughly $74,000 if you actually wanted every piece of content sold... I don't know how accurate this is, though. But, still... it would be A LOT!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I'm so thankful there is not a store in Sims 4! The packs are great for me.

Same. The store was too pricey for me. :D
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No even though it was good for the moment for if they close the store down How will you get your product if that was the case. I liked the way DLs was done in Sims 2 as compressed file and you can unextract it anytime. You can't do it in Sims 3 or 4 so I am not interested in an store for Sims 4 and doing so for Sims 4 may further the controversy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I miss the store all the packs and EP’s for Sims 4 have very little content that is useful in a way I should not miss the store because I owned a lot of clothes and items spent a lot of money. Now I have gotten smarter I use CC from TSR cost me nothing and it is way better then what Ea.creates.
  • CatnipSimzCatnipSimz Posts: 18 Member
    I loved how nice the items all were, but the prices just ruined it for me :disappointed: