Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Catch and release replicas

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
Ya know, if you're going to have endangered fish in the game that you can either illegally keep or release, you should have an option to take a picture of it, release it, and commission a mounted replica of it for a hefty fund ($2000?). More or less like making a copy of your paintings. Technically, you can probably do it yourself in game with debug hidden items, but it would have been a nice feature. Then again, as excited as I was for Island Living, and have been saving playing in Sulani all the way until yesterday, kind of disappointed with a lot of it. Island play is pretty shallow; my Sim is already getting bored and considering moving back to the mainland. Still love the look and the items, but it could have been so much more than taking photos of plants and waterfalls, digging in the sand, and chasing seagulls.

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    The thing is, this is so much detail for such a rare occasion, that I don't think it even occured to The Sims team.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    Maybe, but it's one of those deals where the mechanics are already in the game, and when you research things like actual island life and fishing, you have to know it's a thing people do, so why not put it in? A good modder could probably do it in a couple of hours (One modder added an option to keep a copy of your published book, for example). And really, when they fleshed out fishing to begin with, I found it odd you couldn't just release fish instead of either having to sell them if you had no other use for them.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    What happens if they make an illegal catch? Mine just caught a leopard shark & nothing happened at the moment, but will she get fined for it later? If not, then the whole thing is kind of pointless.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    What happens if they make an illegal catch? Mine just caught a leopard shark & nothing happened at the moment, but will she get fined for it later? If not, then the whole thing is kind of pointless.

I caught and kept three, and got fined twice. Not sure of other consequences. Why Don Lothario and Clara Bjergsen called and enforced the fines is beyond me, though.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    ldmarko wrote: »

I caught and kept three, and got fined twice. Not sure of other consequences. Why Don Lothario and Clara Bjergsen called and enforced the fines is beyond me, though.

I played for about 2 more sim days after that & no fine. Guess she got lucky.
    Gallery ID: LDM2