Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No kids showing up for Trick or Treating?

2...Next

Comments

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    HUH? they made in trick-or-treating in the EP and not even having the ability to knock and trick or treat interaction?
    It's basically just NPCs (like Maids, Piz. Delvs) with NPCs that come into your house then. But this one is may be (personally) the worst I bought it with real money unlike the other cool NPCs that just came with free patches. So it's all just marketing afterall... * raising left eyebrow *

Why would it? I mean that's a loading screen per lot. That would get more than tedious. :# Much as I would like my sim spawn to be able to do so it's not worth six or more loading screens to be on lot for a couple of seconds. I don't mind loading screens but that's too much. Would have been fine if you could just go to the neighbors home without a loading screen. or much like apartments just knock on the door and they'll just open the door and come out. Maybe one day that'll be possible that won't require loading individual lots.

Only other thing I could have thought about them going about tit is your sims children leaving your home lot for a few hours via rabbit hole to trick or treat and come back with possibly some candy in their inventory or none at all if they had a bad time? Or maybe a rock.

I think you really misinterpreted my comment, what I mean is that the "NPC" trick-or-treaters that'll come i your active household's home and not your active sim.

I've been really excited on this EP since I first heard that children "NPCs" are gonna come in your home to trick or treat.
    I was expecting them to first knock on the door and then your active sim should first come near the door and open it and the children will gonna say "Trick or Treat!" in simlish. And it'll be your choice if you're gonna give them candies or wet them with water or something like that.

Then, they'll be holding a pumpkin bucket or something and your sim will give them candies (animations from gift giving may be similar to this interaction).
    y'all got bread?
  • MangoTangoTwistMangoTangoTwist Posts: 12 New Member
    No Kids showed up to trick or treat at any of my homes I tried.
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I had only one show up.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I wish that Trick or Treating had been a thing for playable Sims.

Since the neighborhoods are already open, couldn't Sims have walked up to houses, knocked on the doors, and then waited for the Sims that live there to come outside? It would have been the same mechanic as for the apartment doors. That way, there would be no need for loading screens and player kids could still Trick or Treat.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    I wish that Trick or Treating had been a thing for playable Sims.

Since the neighborhoods are already open, couldn't Sims have walked up to houses, knocked on the doors, and then waited for the Sims that live there to come outside? It would have been the same mechanic as for the apartment doors. That way, there would be no need for loading screens and player kids could still Trick or Treat.

Weelll, the neighborhoods aren't really "open" in the sense that TS3 was, but I understand what you mean. What could work well is to send your kid(s) trick or treating with a parent or older sibling and then they disappear for about 2 hrs and return with candy. Like when they get invited to the Opera.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    @TheIntrovertSimmer If you do not have the candy bowl on your lot the kids will knock on the door
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    With my game, only three kids showed up, all in costume. One was a kid living in the immediate neighborhood, one was a random NPC kid I've never seen before and one was a teenager (Cassandra Goth). They walked in, stuck their hands into that Spooky Day sweet bowl I had put out for them, yelled, and then walked straight out again. They did not knock on the door or try to interact with the resident sims. And they were gone so quickly that if I hadn't been watching I wouldn't have seen them.

They won't knock or interact with your sims if you use the candy bowl. Take away the bowl and your sims will have to go to the door.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    never had any kids come by so I deleted that tradition.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Doesn't that work with the calendar? The only trick or treating will happen at the household with the spooky day calendar page - not the whole neighborhood - at least the way this one is designed. It is why the NPC trick or treaters only come to the house that has it on their calendar.

Not that i like it like this - i wish it was at least the whole neighborhood - but that is not how the Calendar works - is it?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    yeah ive never seen a trick or treater in my game, they should probably improve that.
  • RedlovettRedlovett Posts: 4 New Member
    I always put trick or treating in my game for the Halloween season, and not once did a kid show up, like, in any of them, it's gotten to the point I would just not add it in.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I have NEVER had any sim children trick or treating. I wondered why it was an option for the holiday. It's good to know that it works for some people but I guess I'll delete it off my holiday and put drinking there instead and let the adults have the fun. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Depends on how many kids and teens are in your game. Sometimes nobody shows up because there aren’t any kids or teens in town.
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    I also never had any kid trick or treating. I thought I had this problem because I have so many mods and probably one of the mod does not allow kids to come to my houses... I'll maybe try with Candy bowl next time (honestly I don't remember if I had it before or not).
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks it's awesome you're still talking about this but unfortunately this thread has been very sporadically active with large bouts of inactivity so I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top