Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aspiration for being charitable and doing good deeds

Now that we have charity organizer as a career branch, as well as conservasionist, and the scouting after school activity, and the reputation bar, I think it'd be nice to have--to contrast the deviance aspirations--some kind of "good deeds" aspiration. Someone who isn't just focused on making friends like the friend of the world aspiration, but on helping others and making the world a better place. The tasks would be things like giving to charity, cleaning up public lots, maybe even planting trees, helping kids with homework, that kind of thing. Just being a good citizen of the sim world, y'know?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    This is a good idea.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I've wanted this for such a long time too! It would have been a nice addition to Get Famous considering that I'm constantly being invited to celebrity charity fundraisers. It would be fantastic to be able to be charitable myself besides just clicking on the mailbox and donating. I have sims who I want to be good citizens! :D
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I would love it they created a game pack or expansion pack that's chock full of aspirations: additional aspirations for existing categories (like fortune, athletic, and family) and new aspiration categories that are goodness oriented ("volunteer for X hours," "donate $X," "help fix X bad relationships"), career oriented, slacker oriented (with milestones like "cancel plans," "skip work," "quit job")

The sims I make in households are sometimes not blood relatives, but I want to give my parental-figure sims a home-oriented aspiration that is not geared toward family or fortune. I wish there was something like homemaker. Milestones for that might include serving meals, cleaning, having lots of good friends, etc.
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    what would the reward trait be for completing the aspiration?
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Evil seems need to be able to donate to evil charities and vice versa for good Sims.

Evil related political career branches or supports to choose from... why don’t we have these.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    affleck11 wrote: »
    what would the reward trait be for completing the aspiration?

A good question. Maybe the reward can be the ability to donate to the community they live in and boost the relationship of its residents.