Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My issue with mermaids

2...Next

Comments

• _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    It would be nice if mermaids can go underwater and people could go u underwater and while underwater hunt for their food.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Snorkeling is a surface style. The end of the snorkel must be above the water or your Sim will just take in water and drown, not air. It isn't for deep dives at all. Scuba, on the other hand, which is probably what you were thinking, is for deep dives. I trained for scuba, but refused to get certified as I had to do so in the ocean, and I have a phobia, not of the water, but of the ocean's residents. :open_mouth: Not bad for someone who was raised on the coast of CA, right? LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I’m finding the mermaids pretty underwhelming and it concerns me as far as what we’ll get for witches. I'm assuming we won’t get fairies at this point so I was hoping mermaids would be a close second and they’re just not. I would’ve liked to see them get specific aspirations, and was really hoping they’d be like vampires and celebs in that as they level up in their mermaid abilities they gain new powers but also gain limitations of power or quirks or whatever.

My other huge annoyance with this pack was this was the perfect opportunity to give us several new hair color swatches in CAS so we could create cool mermaid hair colors with ALL the hair options and not be limited to only the ones that have the highlights already.
    Highlighting hair and having different hair designs as well as different parts of the hair that you can color is definitely something that could have been geared towards mermaids because mermaids have very colorful hair and it is strange that it didn't happen I think it probably didn't happen because they were focused on the interaction of water and build mode and water and The Sims.
    I agree @GalacticGal thats pretty cool and yes I agree that it should be snorkeling and scuba diving and scuba diving with mermaid and underwater lots for mermaids to live in, but more like natural home safe from Coral or pieces of things found in the ocean.
    *made
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    I’m finding the mermaids pretty underwhelming and it concerns me as far as what we’ll get for witches. I'm assuming we won’t get fairies at this point so I was hoping mermaids would be a close second and they’re just not. I would’ve liked to see them get specific aspirations, and was really hoping they’d be like vampires and celebs in that as they level up in their mermaid abilities they gain new powers but also gain limitations of power or quirks or whatever.

My other huge annoyance with this pack was this was the perfect opportunity to give us several new hair color swatches in CAS so we could create cool mermaid hair colors with ALL the hair options and not be limited to only the ones that have the highlights already.

tbf vampires and celebs had their own pack while mermaids are just a sidefeature (of a pack which main feature seems to be a "good looking island"), for that they are pretty good imho way better than aliens who were also a sidefeature.
    I would have preffered them to get their own GP and really be flashed out like vampires too but it's not what we got, maybe the devs thought it wouldn't sell well....but honestly at this point I think they would have, a well made GP with in depth mermaids including underwater areas would have been better that the shallowness that is IL, I think.

yes to more hair colors for all the hair, I like the colors of the mermaid hair alot but not so much the hairstyles.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    hmae123 wrote: »

tbf vampires and celebs had their own pack while mermaids are just a sidefeature (of a pack which main feature seems to be a "good looking island"), for that they are pretty good imho way better than aliens who were also a sidefeature.
    I would have preffered them to get their own GP and really be flashed out like vampires too but it's not what we got, maybe the devs thought it wouldn't sell well....but honestly at this point I think they would have, a well made GP with in depth mermaids including underwater areas would have been better that the shallowness that is IL, I think.

yes to more hair colors for all the hair, I like the colors of the mermaid hair alot but not so much the hairstyles.

That’s true and makes a lot of sense. Hopefully in realm of magic, witches will be a huge focal point.

I wish they’d add a whole new row of color swatches, some that are already highlighted, and several just very fun colors that can be used for any hairstyle, this has been my biggest want of this game. There just isn’t enough hair colors.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the mods, I'll be downloading them soon.

Edit: And here's another mod that makes them more in-depth

modthesims.info/d/630179/expanded-mermaids.html
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• FreakyFlowerFreakyFlower Posts: 1 New Member
    My issue is that everytime i have a mermaid and a human have a child its a mermaid. Every single time. I know its supposed to be 50/50 but with me its more like 0/100. Even my half alien has a mermail tail, one i cant edit in CAS.
  • fox_corpsefox_corpse Posts: 15 Member
    I hope they fix some of this stuff -_-