Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If a farming expansion pack would be made what would you like to see in it?

A farming expansion could have many things what would you like to see in it.

Comments

• BanjoraBanjora Posts: 19 Member
    I would like the see the Sim version of a county fair. Sims can enter their best arts and crafts, kids can have their 4H animal shows, and perhaps some carnival rides or something.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Wow that's super interesting and would bring a sense of extra activities and life to other lots. Farm animals would be amazing especially at a county Fair or farming festival where you can sell your own food like a farmers market.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I'd like a tractor like we had in sims 3, that was awesome.

Also, sheep for wool (and knitting with it), cows for milk, butter and cheese and pigs for sausage and bacon. Oh yeah, chickens for eggs.

Also, lots of food making with the ingredients like churning your own butter and making the cheese. Plus making jam and having crops such as wheat to make loaves etc. Basically the ability to be totally self sufficient with a variety of food stuff.

It would be pretty cool to have a water pump and a working water well too. And an electric generator.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    • big countryside world
    • full off the grid gameplay
    • farm animals / livestock
    • farming mechanism
    • farmer careers (crop, animal, fishing farmer)
    • horses
    • water wells
    • solar panels
    • electric generators
    • dry toilets
    • silos

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960849/farming-expansion-pack-ideas#latest
    y'all got bread?
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want farm animals. Cows for milking and sheep for shearing. I want to be able to craft and make things with these products.. so basically what @elanorbreton said butter, cheese ect. I also want chickens and eggs, gathering, selling cooking ect..
    I'd also like a tractor but not any heavy industrial machinery otherwise .. I don't want to play that type of farm.
    I want a large enough world to seem open spaced, and I'd prefer it to look rural midwest American or English countryside. Hoping there are no paved roads or very few of them.
    Some more plants that make sense crop wise like wheat and corn, maybe gourds like pumpkins ect... Especially if we get pumpkin pie out of it.
    It would be really nice to have a farmers market set up too..
    egTcBMc.png
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited August 2019
    Chickens that run around and play in addition to laying eggs. A rooster that crows at the crack of dawn. Your sim should also have to feed them. A chicken coop. Eggs can be eaten or decorated for holidays.

Other farm animals like cows, sheep, pigs, goats, horses and of course a Llama. Cows being able to be milked and sheep trimmed for their wool.

Lots of new harvestables, sweet potatoes, squash, oats, asparagus, blue and raspberries, watermelon. Also corn, wheat and cucumbers that you can do stuff with, like the wheat can be turned into flour with a mill. The corn can be eaten as corn on the cob, or dried out for decorations, or turned into popcorn. Cucumbers can be pickled.

New recipes, new soups, stew, oatmeal, many new pie recipes, potato salad, egg salad sandwich, deviled eggs, tatertot casserole and more.

The baking skill should be patched in if they do this pack so everyone can use the baking skill and then add new yummy baked goods, as well as the option to have kids help bake, and “lick the spoon” also please let us have our sims cool pies in the window. (And sometimes the dog or kids get into them!)

Local bake sales we can attend with our sims.

New hobbies like canning, knitting, storytelling (updated so as a sim tells a story Other sims gather round and sit and listen, would be awesome for grandma and Gramp and the grandkids)

Chores, cleaning the coop, feeding the animals, sweeping the floor, dusting, making the bed and so on.

The ability to have both a family home farm or a big commercial farm and aspirations that go with both of these.

A harvest party type where your sim can show off their goods and feed the community.

ATVS, Tractors and snowmobiles.

A wagon that can be pulled by kids and toddlers with stuff in it.

Many new traits to round out your big farm family. Like homebody, natural leader, loves animals, fearless, and more.

Edit: forgot to add a working rocking chair and a porch swing.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    _000key wrote: »

An actual world representation of the Midwest area of the USA. I live in farm country, so I know how that should look. Maybe have soybean or corn crops as crops. A way to do canning, either at the stove or a separate gameplay object. Animal husbandry with actual farm animals.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    horses
    cows
    pigs
    chicks
    goats

more chose of

fruits
    vegetables
    fish
    flowers
    herbs

canning station
    churn butter
    rain cater
    well pump
    tractor
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    horses
    cows
    pigs
    chicks
    goats

more chose of

fruits
    vegetables
    fish
    flowers
    herbs

canning station
    churn butter
    rain cater
    well pump
    tractor

This,
    also sheep, and sewing machine that you can make clothes, stuffed animals, and rag dolls with. Needlepoint and a Rocker would be great too (separately, so the rocker can be used by anyone).
    There should be a modern sewing machine, and an old fashioned one.
  • LostLambLostLamb Posts: 26 Member
    Definitely got to get a county fair in there. Pumpkin pies and caramel apples! I'd like it if dogs got a herding skill they could do! I'd also like to see a new neighborhood, I'm always running out of space for my sims!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2019
    Making preserves. Canning veggies. Sewing and quilting. Making things for the house like curtains, sweaters, pillows. Maybe make candles and soaps. Butter. Maple syrup. Fresh bread.

A country fair would be fun too.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Since the twitter poll on farming that the gurus put out last year shows most people are interested in raising animals, we also need a reason to do so. So I'm with others here; we need to be able to use what we harvest from the animals in creative ways.

Cow > milk > butter/cheese > new recipes.
    Sheep > wool > knitting/sewing.
    Chickens > eggs > new recipes.
    New crops > canning/nectar making/new recipes.

I personally would also be fine with 'trading' in animals for meat. Otherwise I don't see a lot of reasons to include pigs. I know they can be used to find truffles, but how many people realistically eat truffles on a regular basis? We already have meat in the game and it would be nice to have the ability to raise/grow everything you might need for a recipe.

To expand on this idea, I'd love to see a overhaul on the cooking skill. No more creating recipes without the proper ingredients. Add the ability to buy ingredients through the fridge (or even better add grocery stores) for those who don't want to go to the trouble of growing their own. It would just add more realism and challenge to the game for those who want it.

In addition a farmers market where we can than take what we've made/grown and sell it would also be awesome.

I'd like to see a nice county world with a couple of neighborhoods, one being a small town with a bar and open area for a farmers market, and the other being open country with 4 or 5 large lots to start a farm.

I hope too that they continue to expand the living off the grid trait with more ways of getting water and electricity via a well and windmill/solar panels (although I hope they patch in free versions as well).
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    i dont think it would be an expansion, but more of a game pack or stuff pack, i would like to see more fruits, vegetables, flowers. rustic, country styled stuff, and this is a bit of a reach for the sims 4, but possibly horses?
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    horses
    cows
    pigs
    chicks
    goats

more chose of

fruits
    vegetables
    fish
    flowers
    herbs

canning station
    churn butter
    rain cater
    well pump
    tractor

This,
    also sheep, and sewing machine that you can make clothes, stuffed animals, and rag dolls with. Needlepoint and a Rocker would be great too (separately, so the rocker can be used by anyone).
    There should be a modern sewing machine, and an old fashioned one.

I agree.
    Sheep and both types of sawing machine.

LostLamb wrote: »
    Definitely got to get a county fair in there. Pumpkin pies and caramel apples! I'd like it if dogs got a herding skill they could do! I'd also like to see a new neighborhood, I'm always running out of space for my sims!
    LostLamb wrote: »

Yes more deserts B)
    and more skills.

• gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    • solar panels

Oh my god, Solar panels! I forgot all about those. We used to put them on our Sims houses to save on bills... What sims was that? 2?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I would like to be able to feed ducks in a pond and I like the fair idea with a petting zoo and carnival rides. That said this post will probably get moved to the ideas or speculation section since it's about expansion packs in a Stuff Pack section.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    the only thing that would make a farming pack interesting to me would be animals, cows, horses, donkeys, goats, sheep, chickens...and have more than 2-3 interactions for them not only "feed" and "milk/sheer/collect egg" but also be able to talk to them, pet them, name them and ride them (horses and donkeys, oh I would really LOVE donkeys!!!).
    And being able to breed them too.
    have it work with the pets EP so dogs can be trained as sheperd dogs.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    All I care is the animals are detailed and there is a lot of interactions and activities to do with them beyond feed milk collect and sheer.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    _000key wrote: »

I like a lot of the ideas shared here already. I was just thinking the other day how much I miss horses in the Sims would be nice to have them in Sims 4.

• bubbajoe621bubbajoe621 Posts: 86 Member
    I think everyone's covered the crops and animals. I really want a water wheel and detached windmill to put on my country builds. There's a water wheel sitting in the countryside of Windenburg and I was so disappointed when it didn't show up in debug.

I want some roadside produce stands to sell my crops.

I want a setting under game play for food ingredients like there is a setting for weather. I would like to have a save where households are required to have the right ingredients to cook a meal. Modders have tried but they say it messes up restaurants and butlers.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    -A country world with big lots (farms gotta have at least 64x64)
    -Horses, chickens and cows
    -Horse riding skill
    -More crops and gardening supplies
    -Ability to make things like jelly, pickles, juice, nectar, cheese, tea
    -A festival where Sims compete who has the best quality crops and artisan goods
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Good CAS, maybe an occult (werewolves?)

Otherwise, I wouldn't bother with farming.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I would like horses as a fully developed pet (like cats and dogs) that you can breed, become friends with, ride on a track in a new farming world, and otherwise care for.
    I would also love other animals, but in a way that's only slightly more interactive than fish. Like, if you placed a coop, you could purchase chickens and then care for them to get eggs. For cows, place a stall that will come with a random cow (could be black and white, brown, black, etc) and you can care for them to get milk. However, I would also want these animals to have a relationship with your sims and have an option to talk and play (like dolphins). I do think that having cows and chickens to be equally as interactive as horses might be too much for the game to handle, so this balance would probably work best.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I would only care if they add horses that we can ride, train, etc...