Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get Island Living on Sale?

Hey, I saw Island Living is finally on sale for 25% off. I didn't know if I should get it now or wait for it to be cheaper somewhere down the road. I know most people have said it feels more like a Game Pack as opposed to an Expansion.

Thoughts?

Comments

• HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    If you have the patience, I would wait for a higher discount. Otherwise, go for it.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    If you are actively playing and feel like the new world and the ocean will add to your game go for it! :) It will be 50% off eventually like all their expansions and that’s the only way I buy their packs now so I will wait.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I personally really enjoy Island Living, but it really depends on your gameplay style. I would say 100% yes, go for it, but I know others would say don't bother. Think about what you enjoy in The Sims, and if anything matches anything in Island Living, buy it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I'd say it depends on how you feel about Sims 4 in general. If you like the game and are looking to add a beautiful world with water stuff then go for it, if you are looking for something to make a game you dont like into something else then I'd say pass.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    I’m so tempted. I have been impatiently waiting. I keep going back and forth. The pack is right up my alley but I also know a 50% off sale is going to come eventually.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hey, I saw Island Living is finally on sale for 25% off. I didn't know if I should get it now or wait for it to be cheaper somewhere down the road. I know most people have said it feels more like a Game Pack as opposed to an Expansion.

Thoughts?

Yes.
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    I'd say it depends on how you feel about Sims 4 in general. If you like the game and are looking to add a beautiful world with water stuff then go for it, if you are looking for something to make a game you dont like into something else then I'd say pass.

I have serious issues with the core gameplay of The Sims 4 which I've pretty much accepted isn't going to change at this point... Until they add a color wheel I'm always going to be wanting more content. I find it so much harder to create a house in Sims 4 because not everything matches. Simply by changing the colors of objects to match would be massive and I wouldn't feel like Sims 4 is lacking content.
    I’m so tempted. I have been impatiently waiting. I keep going back and forth. The pack is right up my alley but I also know a 50% off sale is going to come eventually.

I feel we're in the same boat. I know it will go down in price later but I also just want more content for my game. I'll get it eventually but I'll never buy a Sims 4 game at full price and I know sales don't happen too often. I feel like if I pass on this sale it's a guessing game of when the next sale will be and if it will be a better deal by that point or not.

I feel we're in the same boat. I know it will go down in price later but I also just want more content for my game. I'll get it eventually but I'll never buy a Sims 4 game at full price and I know sales don't happen too often. I feel like if I pass on this sale it's a guessing game of when the next sale will be and if it will be a better deal by that point or not.

I also it’s just that I’ve been spoiled because the last 3 EPs went on sale for 50% less than a month after release.

But like you said I don’t know when a better deal will come along.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited August 2019

IL will probably be at 50% on Origin in the next few months.
    Ever since Seasons, the first and second sale after release is only 25% off. Seasons took a while - released in June, not on sale at 50% off until November (I was waiting for that, so that was the first time it was available at that price). I don't remember how long it took for Get Famous, but I know it took a few sales.
    It WILL be 50% off, it's just a matter of how patient you are.

I really like some aspects of IL, but I don't think it's worth more than 1/2 price.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    IMO the pack is worth no more than $20 for what you get. 25% off is not a good enough deal in my opinion, but you may feel differently. *Buyer beware* the pack is mostly just set dressing and doesn’t add much gameplay.
    Anmirla wrote: »

Ever since Seasons, the first and second sale after release is only 25% off. Seasons took a while - released in June, not on sale at 50% off until November (I was waiting for that, so that was the first time it was available at that price). I don't remember how long it took for Get Famous, but I know it took a few sales.

I really like some aspects of IL, but I don't think it's worth more than 1/2 price.

I've heard most people say it feels like a Game Pack so I'm leaning more towards getting it at 50% off. I remember with Cats & Dogs I got it at I think 35% off and literally a week or so later it was on for 50% off and I was pretty upset with that. I felt like I got ripped off with the sales being that close together.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

I've heard most people say it feels like a Game Pack so I'm leaning more towards getting it at 50% off. I remember with Cats & Dogs I got it at I think 35% off and literally a week or so later it was on for 50% off and I was pretty upset with that. I felt like I got ripped off with the sales being that close together.

Yeah, it does feel more like a GP.

I remember that. I actually took advantage of that because I didn't want to pay more than 1/2 price for any pack at that time. I want to say that was the quickest sale after release by that time. Now, the sale comes quick, but they "special" price the latest release to their advantage.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    You can buy it cheaper on g2a or cdkeys, but I'm not very impressed with Island Living so far. Mermaids are just regular sims that can swim faster, and need "Hydration", even though Hydration is just hygiene. The build items are nice, but really only fit on Sulani, since their mostly beach/tiki themed. Off the Grid is cool, but it needs some work.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited August 2019
    Wait for a 50% sale at least. The gameplay is meh, feels more like a game pack.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

it is majorly disappointing compared to ts3 island paradise. mermaids feel like they were just thrown in there without any care, and the diving spots are just rabbit holes. no resorts, no houseboats. the beaches are a cool addition though, but theres just too many cons and i would probably get something else
    oops, i just realized i posted twice on this thread! :s
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I bought IL for 25% off a month ago and uh... I hate to say it but... it was kinda flat to me.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    I'll wait until I can bundle it with Moschino and Realm of Magic. 30 bucks is still too much money for me at the moment.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
    Don’t know if you are in the US but Island living is now $21.99+ tax at Best Buy but it’s for the physical copy. So you’d have to pay for shipping or pick it up if you have one nearby.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I just received my copy a couple days ago for my birthday, and this is definitely a pack only worth getting on sale. Best Buy is having a better sale if you're US based.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Wait for at least 50%. Not worth even the current sale price.
  • auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    Don’t know if you are in the US but Island living is now $21.99+ tax at Best Buy but it’s for the physical copy. So you’d have to pay for shipping or pick it up if you have one nearby.

Thanks for the info! <3 That’s how I’ve had to get most of their expansion packs, as a physical copy for half off, but all the stores are close to me anyway.
    I'll wait until I can bundle it with Moschino and Realm of Magic. 30 bucks is still too much money for me at the moment.

I forgot about the bundle deal and with Realm of Magic coming out I may want to wait to do the same.

I'm in Canada. I keep checking the US Best Buy for the digital copy though because sometimes even with the horrible exchange rate it will still be cheaper. That's how I got Get Famous when it was 50% off at Best Buy US but not on Origin or Best Buy here in Canada.