Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So are we ever going to get firefighters or burglars ?

13...Next

Comments

• aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    edited August 2019
    Well this is the speculation section and I've noticed something while looking at the pictures from the moschino stuff trailer. These pictures might be hints. Remember the dream jobs survey; well I think we'll get those jobs in the near future. HYbrYlG.png and
    9wna84M.png
    Post edited by aelias24 on
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    Well this is the speculation section and I've noticed something while looking at the pictures from the moschino stuff trailer. These pictures might be hints. Remember the dream jobs survey; well I think we'll get those jobs in the near future. 169ndk1.jpg

looks like a werewolf hint
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hopefully, they'll at least be in The Sims 5 if it ever happens.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    edited August 2019
    Well this is the speculation section and I've noticed something while looking at the pictures from the moschino stuff trailer. These pictures might be hints. Remember the dream jobs survey; well I think we'll get those jobs in the near future. WfYAaPW.png and
    9wna84M.png
    The first pic looks like the smoke from a rocket ship. Second pic, the moon. Third pic maybe a burglar leaving pose. Fourth pic, rock band.
    Post edited by aelias24 on
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • TwicelikeyTwicelikey Posts: 176 Member
    It would be interesting to see them back. I still found it funny how my sim would always try to flirt with the firemen in TS3.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited August 2019
    Well this is the speculation section and I've noticed something while looking at the pictures from the moschino stuff trailer. These pictures might be hints. Remember the dream jobs survey; well I think we'll get those jobs in the near future. 169ndk1.jpg and
    xd56om.jpg

Those .jpg pictures don't show in the forum for me. (using Windows 10). Can you give the source for direct link?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want them but I don't think we will get them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    I want firefighters also.

Today, a fire broke out. I watched my Sim immediately autonomously grab a fire extinguisher and blast the flames. The flames remained, then he went into that panic animation and ran out of the house.

After that, I could do nothing, as all actions were disallowed by the fire on the lot.

Meanwhile, during this, some roaming strangers sauntered into the house, used the computer, made meals on the stove and the grill, and stomped through the flames to sit together and chat at the dining room table while eating.

Only when one of the intruders was leaving did he notice the fire. Then he did the freak out animation.

Eventually it rained, putting out the fire. I had no illusions of immersion left.

So, firefighters please, and thank you.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I really dont care to see burglars or firemen till we get cars having firemen poof onto the lot instead of driving up to the house in a truck with sound and lights flashing just does not have the dramatic/realistic effect I would want to see.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2019
    I dont see the point in cars in the sims 4, it'll be the same as sims 2, just open the door, drive for a few seconds and then poof to the new lot. at least with these npc's they make a lot of difference in the game.

Edit: I'm not saying i wouldn't like cars in my game, but i'd rather have something that brings more of my game to life. With my sims i rarely go away from the house.
    I do though have lots of fires.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Nylalia wrote: »
    I want firefighters also.

Today, a fire broke out. I watched my Sim immediately autonomously grab a fire extinguisher and blast the flames. The flames remained, then he went into that panic animation and ran out of the house.

After that, I could do nothing, as all actions were disallowed by the fire on the lot.

Meanwhile, during this, some roaming strangers sauntered into the house, used the computer, made meals on the stove and the grill, and stomped through the flames to sit together and chat at the dining room table while eating.

Only when one of the intruders was leaving did he notice the fire. Then he did the freak out animation.

Eventually it rained, putting out the fire. I had no illusions of immersion left.

So, firefighters please, and thank you.

That made me laugh. It is annoying how it all works though isn't it?
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I really dont care to see burglars or firemen till we get cars having firemen poof onto the lot instead of driving up to the house in a truck with sound and lights flashing just does not have the dramatic/realistic effect I would want to see.

i think that's whats holding it up at this point, cause knowing that its not their npc programming holding it up anymore that could be the only thing.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019
    I would say no, but I've decided they may wait and use this is a hailmary pass to save the game in a last ditch effort. Like gender patch and toddlers when and only when sells are slipping enough to throw a bone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I would say no, but I've decided they may wait and use this is a hailmary pass to save the game in a last ditch effort. Like gender patch and toddlers when and only when sells are slipping enough to throw a bone.

don't think a couple random npcs are their hail mary, i'd say the cars would be more of a draw for people since thats something always present in their game than a random event they may or may not get immediately when its patched in

they could probably put them in now and the bigger sims 4 fans will talk about it for a little while like they did with the tragic clown and then its just. eh, its there. toddler patch and gender update were so big it trickled outside of the fan circles that i heard about the gender update even when i had no real clue what the sims was.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

don't think a couple random npcs are their hail mary, i'd say the cars would be more of a draw for people since thats something always present in their game than a random event they may or may not get immediately when its patched in

they could probably put them in now and the bigger sims 4 fans will talk about it for a little while like they did with the tragic clown and then its just. eh, its there. toddler patch and gender update were so big it trickled outside of the fan circles that i heard about the gender update even when i had no real clue what the sims was.

Of course they are. We’ve seen how people reacted to other basic NPC’s being added (repairman, gardener, nanny, etc) and those required less work since the programming was already there on release day. They will add the missing NPC characters one by one when they feel like it, and they will make a big to-do out of it too like they weren’t available in the base release of the last 3 games.
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    > @HeyItsKoffee said:
    > I know this has been a topic since forever, but i'm now getting a little tense with my game not having some crazy stuff happening.
    > I miss the fact you could be burgled, or when a fire happened and the firefighters arrived.
    > I understand that this might cause anxiety for some people but i miss that detail of the game, maybe they can consider a stuff pack for those of us who truly want it? i'd pay.

Probably not, the Sims 4 is lacking a lot of things that previous sims games had. It's hard to call it the next game in the series if it's lacking so many things that made the game fun.

Of course they are. We’ve seen how people reacted to other basic NPC’s being added (repairman, gardener, nanny, etc) and those required less work since the programming was already there on release day. They will add the missing NPC characters one by one when they feel like it, and they will make a big to-do out of it too like they weren’t available in the base release of the last 3 games.

because the nanny update was so large and huge that you can compare it to toddlers. maxis has a section in their yearly milestones with a special little section for "nanny" cause it was that huge of a gamechanger. everyone outside of the bigger sims fan circles rejoice and went out to buy a copy of the sims 4 because NANNIES are back baby.

so anyways, like i said. big sims fans will be happy and make a fuss about this for a little while but at the end of the day, they will just join the other npcs that are great to have back and we can stop prodding the team to add them in but eh, they don't really affect the core gameplay that much like toddlers and being able to have a trans or gender-nonconforming sim which do.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    i asked sim guru grant if the issue was the money costs for animation and musical stings etc but he said it's difficult to program npcs in this game since npcs are full-sims in the manner that they like to do what they wanna do. for example in sims 4 the burglar might end up using your toilet and watch your tv before stealing.

I'll go ahead and say that's absolutely not true. Sims in TS2 had specific behaviors given to them, especially NPCs. So I don't buy that TS4 sims can't be programmed to fill certain pre-scripted NPC roles. In TS2, I remember sims being furious with Jessica Ebadi (one of the burglars), and being called by her after a while because she became one of their relationships. So burglars and firefighters and gardeners and maids were sims you could marry eventually if you develop a relationship with them when they're not working. Other NPCs like Mrs Crumplebottom, the therapist, the social bunny, grim reaper etc were locked from socialization and relationships.

I don't think they *can't* make NPCs in TS4, I think they just don't want to do the work, or fail to understand that NPCs are a big part of the identity of The Sims as a franchise. These uncontrollable elements that shake up the game.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

because the nanny update was so large and huge that you can compare it to toddlers. maxis has a section in their yearly milestones with a special little section for "nanny" cause it was that huge of a gamechanger. everyone outside of the bigger sims fan circles rejoice and went out to buy a copy of the sims 4 because NANNIES are back baby.

so anyways, like i said. big sims fans will be happy and make a fuss about this for a little while but at the end of the day, they will just join the other npcs that are great to have back and we can stop prodding the team to add them in but eh, they don't really affect the core gameplay that much like toddlers and being able to have a trans or gender-nonconforming sim which do.

Are you being sarcastic here? I’m not trying to sound condescending but I don’t believe that nanny’s were that significant to be compared to toddlers. Like they programmed an NPC to follow specific behaviors (that already existed) for babies and children (later toddlers). They didn’t even require new art assets so it was a very low risk addition if I’m being completely honest. Compared to toddlers which required tons of new art, and also programming, and animation; NPC additions are not a risky addition, they are quite easy for the studio if they want to make them.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm sure this thread will still be there without any change in 3 years.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    I do really miss the firefighters and burglars too, it just added something extra to the game. Even though the burglars were sometimes annoying but that’s why I made sure to have my security system in place. Also remember the repo man? :D

Speaking of the repo men and burglars, I took these screenshots in my Sims 3 game just the other day. No idea why the cop showed up in her bikini to arrest the crook, but it was a hot mid-summer evening. Lol

0EXdR9U.jpg

9Bym02m.jpg

Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA