Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family portraits?

Does this mean the family portraits I so loved and missed from TS2 are back???
Go Raps!
canada-flag-tiny.gif

Comments

• DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited August 2019
    Forgive my ignorance, I only just saw the live play. Does anyone know if you can use the get famous dressing room along with the photo shoot items for a real studio feel?
    Post edited by DeadFishy on
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    You can, and yes family portraits are a thing again! You can photograph up to 3 Sims at a time of all age groups in any combination and...pets! Both large and small can be included. :)
    Just three??? What about four people families??
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    You can, and yes family portraits are a thing again! You can photograph up to 3 Sims at a time of all age groups in any combination and...pets! Both large and small can be included. :)

I'm sorry but I wouldn't say that "family portraits are back" per se.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    They need to bring back the real family portraits.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Has anyone managed to do a family portrait with a work around?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    I’d even say only two. Because only two are interacting, the other sims is just posing next to them. Also touching poses are really nice, but not what I would use for a family portrait, and I kinda wish the sims would be clother to one another).
    DeadFishy wrote: »

Can’t you put those markers close to eahother?
    Can you do two suns and a pet?

This is weird
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I think you can just get your family to stand in one place using the group feature, then take picture of xD but it's not exactly ideal. I also wish they would finally add a "take family portrait" photo that would get the whole family to stand together... But yes.
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Has anyone managed to do a family portrait with a work around?

I think the only way to do that is using your creativity, and CC.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Remember how you could make them all pose differently and they would stay there for as long as you wanted? In TS2 that is
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    Are you able to do photo shoots outside of the studio? So at a park for example?

Are the features available with all the cameras even if they didn’t come with this pack?

I feel like wedding photography is a big one, can you use it with that?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Are you able to do photo shoots outside of the studio? So at a park for example?

Are the features available with all the cameras even if they didn’t come with this pack?

I feel like wedding photography is a big one, can you use it with that?

You can use the tripod with any camera in any location ( you can put it in your sim's inventory).
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited August 2019

3 is the limit but you can take pics wit toddlers, children and pets. We need the greeting cards back that let you take pics of up to 8 sims.
    Also tripod has a timer.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Maybe with 4 people you could take a pic of the parents together as a medium sized photo, then each child as a small photo and put the photos in that frame with the 3 slots.

You can do 2 Sims and a pet.

You need the pack of you want the tripod, some of the features came in the free update.

The features are available on all in game cameras except the cell phone camera.

edited August 2019
    I’m guessing you could still place markers, have your sims stand on them then chose one to take a picture of (with the others in the frame) and that may look like a family photo.

How do you use the tripod timer ?

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

3 is the limit but you can take pics wit toddlers, children and pets. We need the greeting cards back that let you take pics of up to 8 sims.

I agree yes please
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’m guessing you could still place markers, have your sims stand on them then chose one to take a picture of (with the others in the frame) and that may look like a family photo.

I haven't played with this pack yet but there is supposed to be a timer interaction on the tripod.
    edited August 2019
    I haven’t seen it. Maybe it is only available if your sim has a higher photography level ?

I haven't played with this pack yet but there is supposed to be a timer interaction on the tripod.

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Wow, so you can only take 3 sims max in 1 photo? They really made a point of showing photographing sims holding toddlers and pets, but having 8 total sims in a picture still isn't a thing? Massive disappointment.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    If you have the Family Portrait that came in a free update you can have all the sims in a household appear in a picture in a variety of outfits and poses. I have that one on the centre of the photo wall of one sim family, surrounded by small and medium snapshots and the collage photo frame. It looks pretty good, except I had to shrink it down quite a bit. Hopefully they will make that Family Portrait available with different frames and sizes. I would like more couple poses, both fun and romantic, though; the few we have aren't enough. I would also like it if they would also enable making the sims stand still for a decent length of time. When I try to photograph 3 sims, one always wanders off.
    I tried to take a family photo but so far it hasn't worked.....(one of their daughters is missing).

11t0qvc.jpg
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019

@Dianesims actually it's the "take photo with" interaction. Your sim will automatically set a "timer" and join the other sim in front of it. Then you take pictures of your sim with the other one (or 2) :) it doesn't specifically mention being a timer but it functions as one.

ETA: actually that's how I made my current profile picture xD
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    If you have the Family Portrait that came in a free update you can have all the sims in a household appear in a picture in a variety of outfits and poses. I have that one on the centre of the photo wall of one sim family, surrounded by small and medium snapshots and the collage photo frame. It looks pretty good, except I had to shrink it down quite a bit. Hopefully they will make that Family Portrait available with different frames and sizes. I would like more couple poses, both fun and romantic, though; the few we have aren't enough. I would also like it if they would also enable making the sims stand still for a decent length of time. When I try to photograph 3 sims, one always wanders off.

The family portrait thing came with trying Sims 4 mobile though - I do not know if that is still available now that they are at EA's Fire Monkeys studio. Someone needs to ask there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....