Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 is ON SALE until the 29th of August!

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
If you've been waiting for that discount deal, EPs, GPs, and the Base Game is on sale! :o

- Sale discounts may differ across regions.
- Sale ends at 10 AM PDT, August 29th.

• Stuff Packs are not on sale.
• I do not recommend purchasing anything from the Origin store via a VPN. However, if you’d like to cross-check prices or discounts between regions, that is safe to do. :)
wB2Zykl.jpg
Post edited by Hestia on

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    It's too bad that Stuff Packs aren't on sale. I have all of the Expansion and Game Packs now.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    And here I was thinking I might bite the bullet and get Laundry Day when it goes on sale. Ah well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited August 2019
    Hestia wrote: »
    These sale discounts may differ across regions. This is what is showing for my region. I went and used a VPN and saw that the Base Game for TS4 in the USA has a 80% off label.

Share your screenshots!

> Stuff Packs are not on sale.
    On the topic of VPNs... You can use VPN to download packs early during release but you can't use VPN to purchase the BG or packs cheaper. This is what I've seen mentioned here on these forums a few times. Just be mindful about this. You could be putting your account at risk.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh good to know. I'll see if my daughter still needs any. I never know what's on sale because I have it all ... prices don't show up for me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    edited August 2019
    I might pick up Island Living now! Not sure if I should wait for a better sale later on down the road though. Thoughts?
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    @Simsfreak711 A higher discount price would be worth the wait IMO.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Hestia wrote: »
    These sale discounts may differ across regions. This is what is showing for my region. I went and used a VPN and saw that the Base Game for TS4 in the USA has a 80% off label.

Share your screenshots!

> Stuff Packs are not on sale.
    On the topic of VPNs... You can use VPN to download packs early during release but you can't use VPN to purchase the BG or packs cheaper. This is what I've seen mentioned here on these forums a few times. Just be mindful about this. You could be putting your account at risk.

@SimplyJen I edited my OP in case of anything. Thanks for the tip.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Thanks for the notification! Maybe I'll pick up Dine Out, since the bugs have been fixed.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    I saw this sale just now when I started my game and I told myself not to buy anything but yet I bought Seasons xD Now I really need to stop buy Sims-things for this month.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for letting us know, Hestia! I bought Dine Out. I'm really hoping it's not super buggy.
    @Rouenpucelle No problem. At the moment the only bug Dine Out has would be Sims not finishing their food. After they finish their drink, all Sims on the table stop eating. It’s a known bug though and if you come across it, here’s the Answers HQ link.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Sims-cancel-eating-in-restaurants/m-p/8091738/highlight/true#M100609
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Awesome! Thanks again. 😊
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    Grabbed CL.. dang.. in here all EP are -50% (not IL -25%)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MykalelMykalel Posts: 3 New Member
    In game it says City Living is 50% off but when I add it to my cart there's no discount. What gives?
    @Mykalel Does it still not show a discount when you checkout?
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    *stares at bank account* gah. (also bummer about SPs not being on sale)

For anyone wondering how much time they have to think: the sale runs until the 29th.
    edited August 2019
    @darrenfroggy I’ll add that to OP. Thanks for the tip.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Thanks for sharing! I bought City Living half price. Only four more expansion packs to go!
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hope you are enjoying the new packs, thanks for giving everyone a heads up about the sale @Hestia!

Just a small note to avoid unpleasant surprises: sale is available until 29th of August, 2019, but it will end at 10AM PDT - something to keep in mind!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Gamescom coming up too shortly - good month for gaming.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

> @Hestia said:
    > @Mykalel Does it still not show a discount when you checkout?

No, even at PayPal payment stage it's still full price. All other 50% off Expansion Packs apply the discount except City Living and Get Together. No discount on that one for me either.

Maybe those expansions aren't on sale for Australians?
    Update - finally got the discount by going through Origin and buying it via Store Deals. The in-game link still doesn't work for me.
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    Hope you are enjoying the new packs, thanks for giving everyone a heads up about the sale @Hestia!

Just a small note to avoid unpleasant surprises: sale is available until 29th of August, 2019, but it will end at 10AM PDT - something to keep in mind!

@EA_Mai I’ve edited my OP to match when the sale ends. Have a good day.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    These days it's worth checking your favourite games bought on Origin. I still like playing Spore occasionally and found 'Creepy and Cute parts' pack going for 50% off under Extras. I hadn't known it existed!
  • DoctoBreeze333DoctoBreeze333 Posts: 1 New Member
    it says the expantion packs are 50% off but when i add one to my cart it says $39.99 still is anyone else having this issue?