Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino Pack - Help with approved photo!

Just got the new pack, and have my sim join the freelancer career, the new one. I chose a gig, and I got the picture approved, but now I don't know what to do with it. It says that I have to share on simstagram, but to do that it has to be in my inventory, and I sent it for approval. I thought it would end up in the mail, but I haven't got any mail in two days.
tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Comments

• YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    There's a glitch with this. you SHOULD be getting the actual photo in the mail 1-2 days after it gets approved...But it didn't happen for me, never got it.
    Deligracy said it happened to her in an apartment build, so I intentionally built a HOUSE to live in, and yet - no picture.

-Yarden.
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    @Yardenro Ugh. That's so annoying!! Do you know if you have to post to simstagram on all the gigs?
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    not all gigs, no. but it doesn't tell you in advance so that sucks haha

-Yarden.
  • AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    I'm having the exact same problem. I got a notification info box that my photo was approved but I never received the approved photo via mail. So I couldn't share the photo on simstagram (need to have the approved photo in ur inventory) and hence 3 days later my gig failed.

Right now that new career is simply unplayable cause I don't get my approved photos back.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Same issue. *sigh*
  • teajayloveteajaylove Posts: 175 Member
    I have the same issue. I also saw Deli's video and made a house because of it. I even tried a different mailbox. I hope they fix it soon, because I am having so much fun with the photo shoots, but I keep failing! :(
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I did a completely new save, moved into a house and it still doesn't work! :rage: So I'm going to play an older save until they fix this ####!
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Yeah, I'm having this issue too. I thought maybe it was because I was living in an apartment, but when I moved to a regular house I have only gotten the approved photo back once.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited August 2019
    Aww this is unfortunate to read. I am currently playing a family with a child and I want said to child to be in this career and for now am just playing with photography in general. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Make sure someone posts about it here doesn’t look like it’s been reported officially yet.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Someone should report it as a bug here
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    It's so freaking annoying. I was so looking forward to playing it and now I really can't play at all.

Does anyone of you know how soon they'll be able to fix it? I mean, kinda stupid to sell the game unplayable from the get go.
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    I just reported it here

Hopefully I did it right and informatively enough!!
  • phantom121294phantom121294 Posts: 151 Member
    I know this might constitute a "did you turn it off and back on again" solution but I thought I would give it a shot since I had this issue but found a work around (sorta).

I have the same issue with my pictures not showing up in the mail and further more the photos I submitted for approval would never get accepted or denied either so this was my solution.

1) I typically took around 6-8 photos of sims even though you really only need one to complete the assignment.
    2) I dragged all of these onto a table or surface inside my sims home.
    3) I individually submitted each of them for acceptance using the radial menu.
    4) within a few hours I got a reply back with my photos being accepted or denied.
    5) all photos SHOULD come back your sims the next day by 9am when the mail comes.
    6) IF they did not show up in the mail box, I saved and exited to the main menu and reloaded my save (went back into the game). Then clicked on my mail box and they were there.

Note that not all of my photos come back to me I sometimes lose one or two of the 8 or so I send...that is why I take 8 photos. I also did a cache clear and a repair on my game when moschino came out before I had any of these issues if that makes any difference.

Anyways I'd recommend give that list a try and seeing if it works. Worst case scenario its a small waste of a time but hey it worked for me.
    Specs: i9-9900k, SLI 2080ti MSI SeaHawk EK X, 32g 3000hz Corsair RAM, 2TB M.2 Samsung SSD, EVGA 1600W. Custom loop done by myself with dual 560mm radiators.
    JOVa2Sn.jpg

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Ahh I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • AliciaZAliciaZ Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this issue. The approved photos turned up in the household inventory without notification. Drag them out and onto a wall and make sure you have a Pc or laptop nearby. Click on the photo and select upload to Simstagram. Hope this helps.
  • KHarrisonJ29KHarrisonJ29 Posts: 8 New Member
    I have a problem. One of my jobs say to take 5 different photos for sims in everyday wear. I did that but it's not showing up in my tasks. Like it still says 0/5 photos taken. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The job is for a Izzy, the style influencer.
  • SimGuruMrESimGuruMrE Posts: 35 SimGuru
    We are looking into this now...I apologize for this terrible bug, as someone who took a lot of photographs while working on this pack I can understand how frustrating it is to lose these pics and be blocked from progression in the gig.

Photos are not being returned via the mail properly on some Lots in some worlds, one workaround for some simmers has been to change the lot they live on but I cant totally say for sure that will fix the issue so stay tuned, we hope to have this issue tracked down and a official fix as soon as we can.
  • lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    my daughter just found all of her approved photos in her household inventory.
  • CuckooKukriCuckooKukri Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a similar issue. I DO get the photos back in the mail, but when I post them to Fashion Simstagram, nothing happens. Well, I get fame points, but I don't complete the gig.
  • nikkiraychellenikkiraychelle Posts: 3 New Member
    Glad that Im not the only one. I restarted the game, moved lots and nothing. I can only 1 after that I got nothing.
  • ahoychristieahoychristie Posts: 88 Member
    edited August 2019
    Least you can approve the photo. I can't even get the photo approved. Tried everything but the only option is to sell it to publication which isn't the same thing. Not sure why I can't get them approved. The outfit is right, the emotion is right, I took like 10. And the option isn't even coming up. I've taken them out of inventory, tried it while they're in there. Nope. Also tried to upload it to simstagram and same as above. Nothing happens. It doesn't complete the gig. How annoying.

Seriously, it's like this pack came with 3 super basic outfits - weird considering it's a fashion pack (and not a basic fashion label either. The clothes they gave us could be from ANYWHERE), then like one couch and a career and look what's happening. They can't even get the career right and it's pretty much the only thing besides a few BB items. How disappointing. Great work team! -_-
  • GrumpysourceGrumpysource Posts: 1 New Member
    I CAN NOT for the life of me get these photos approved. HELP~~!!!!
  • jal1117jal1117 Posts: 5 New Member
    It seems like the photos show up in your household inventory(the one accessible from build/buy mode) from their you can place them in your home then into your personal inventory and cLick the computer then the freelancer tap and upload the photo.
  • 13KW2413KW24 Posts: 1 New Member
    Found my approved photos in the household inventory! Weird but just needed to drag into the world and then into the sim's personal inventory.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top