Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on the Moschino Reveal

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Maybe Moschino offered them a deal they couldn't refuse. :p

Seriously though I think the fashion and photography features are complementary. The pack offers a career that allows you to style your clients and take fashion photographs and magazine covers. That's why they added the ability to take your sim into CAS and style their outfits.

I love that the new clothing rack is functional and not just decor. That will be added to my photography studio.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I still think they were forced to do this pack without even knowing what Moschino is.... Not really a brand that usually appeals computer geeks like probably the developers are.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I still think they were forced to do this pack without even knowing what Moschino is.... Not really a brand that usually appeals computer geeks like probably the developers are.

I'm sure the SimGuru's toddlers would love those T shirts and hoodies more than their parents. :) It would be nice if we could resize adult clothing for their kids in game. It seems to be a Get Famous thing to do judging from some of the celebrities Twitter feeds I've seen. :)

If we can do it for carpets and picture frames why not? :D
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited August 2019
    I honestly agree with the OP. Maxis is nuts if they think they can charge me twice for photography. They might fool others but my wallet is staying far far away from this. Even more nuts if they think I will pay for a clothing brand SP with barely any clothing there. It's honestly pathetic.

This should have been an update, like they said they might do with the Freelancer careers, and an update to the photo studio that came with GTW and overall BG cameras. At this point I cannot believe they even know what to do with TS anymore. It's also pretty clear that EA tells their studio what and what not to put in these SP's and EP's, they are obviously told to charge for as many things as possible so that EA can profit a bunch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »

I have been thinking this same thing. I also think when they developed gtw they didn't realize how popular photography would be, or rushed through it to throw it into the game pack to sweeten the deal. Either way it was obviously an after thought. But to improve it to this degree would be too much work to patch in again, especially with the skill being base game at this point.
    Now when they were told to incorporate this brand into a pack, and needed a way to sell it to players who were in no way going to care about the "high fashion," they saw a "two birds one stone" situation and ran with it.
    Personally I was a little ticked about it at first. But now I'm over that, and I'm excited as it has sparked some creative ideas for gameplay for me.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    If we summarize all MFSP discussions in the past couple of weeks it looks like "Nobody asked for this, no one wants it, especially the horrible clothes! Still give us all of it, preferably for free. Why so little clothes in a Horrible Clothes Stuff Pack btw, Maxis, what the hell? Consistency is key!" :D
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I honestly agree with the OP. Maxis is nuts if they think they can charge me twice for photography. They might fool others but my wallet is staying far far away from this. Even more nuts if they think I will pay for a clothing brand SP with barely any clothing there. It's honestly pathetic.

This should have been an update, like they said they might do with the Freelancer careers, and an update to the photo studio that came with GTW and overall BG cameras. At this point I cannot believe they even know what to do with TS anymore. It's also pretty clear that EA tells their studio what and what not to put in these SP's and EP's, they are obviously told to charge for as many things as possible so that EA can profit a bunch.

They're not charging you twice for photography. You already have photography. They're charging for some cool updates to photography.

All I can say is that I tried - hard even - to make photography from GTW work well for taking family photos (even just two people) but it failed miserably as children and adults could never be in the same photo with the built-in poses without difficult workarounds, plus there was no "timer" feature. So you had to have an extra person around to take the pictures, and the only way to easily do that was temporarily add a photographer to the family, and it was real kludge.

Here's how I set up a studio where I tried to take pictures of both adults and kids:
    08-11-19-2-18-00-PM.png

Then the Family Portrait free item came around and I quit trying to use the GTW photo studio at all, as it was too much work. Although I really like the Family portrait, it is huge and has a unique frame that doesn't work in most of my households, so I had to mod it. But it's still not ideal, as you can't pick who is in the portrait, and I get tired of seeing the exact same background using these.

So yes, for the photography updates alone, I am getting this pack, and am excited about it.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    The good thing is you don't even need the career to use the updated phography features.

I feel exactly the same.
  • Options
    EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    I'm sorry but it's a trash like My First Pet Stuff, they are kind of trying to sell Get Famous again
    Why is EA thirsty to money so bad?
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

They're not charging you twice for photography. You already have photography. They're charging for some cool updates to photography.

All I can say is that I tried - hard even - to make photography from GTW work well for taking family photos (even just two people) but it failed miserably as children and adults could never be in the same photo with the built-in poses without difficult workarounds, plus there was no "timer" feature. So you had to have an extra person around to take the pictures, and the only way to easily do that was temporarily add a photographer to the family, and it was real kludge.

Here's how I set up a studio where I tried to take pictures of both adults and kids:
    08-11-19-2-18-00-PM.png

Then the Family Portrait free item came around and I quit trying to use the GTW photo studio at all, as it was too much work. Although I really like the Family portrait, it is huge and has a unique frame that doesn't work in most of my households, so I had to mod it. But it's still not ideal, as you can't pick who is in the portrait, and I get tired of seeing the exact same background using these.

So yes, for the photography updates alone, I am getting this pack, and am excited about it.

I’m distraught that there are members of this community who are willingly to accept The Sims Studio to charge us for features that could have been as a free patch. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think with all the backlash for MFSP the developers knew they had to hit it out of the park for this stuff pack. Makes this pack a tough act to follow though so I'm already curious to see what's coming in SP16.

Of course, but I'm not repaying for that object when it should have been done right the first time.

Exactly!

This is the third time photography has been visited and now this time we are expected to pay for it being improved.

But it is already imrpoved in the latest patch. This thng only adds a new career that will use the feature you already have in the game and a studio that let be honest gives you backdrops that you dont need since you can already take a photo anywhere in the game
  • Options
    @TS1299 Adding a career on top of the photography skill is a part of an improvement. These could have easily been implemented as a free patch.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Maybe members of the community who are "willing to accept" these things really enjoy their game and know production of these things don't come for free. People don't like to hear it but in my case it's always been true. It's a great game and I want more of it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl This is exactly why the Studio will continue to milk the fan-base dry with content that should have been a part of a Game / Expansion Pack. Splitting it all up into countless DLCs where it easily could have been a part of a larger update.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    So your feedback thread isn't about the product but about other simmers then @Hestia?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    @Hermitgirl The OP is about the Stuff Pack. My response above is a reply to you about what you mentioned.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    @Hermitgirl The OP is about the Stuff Pack. My response above is a reply to you about what you mentioned.

No this is your second comment about members of the community.
    I’m distraught that there are members of this community who are willingly to accept The Sims Studio to charge us for features that could have been as a free patch.

• Options
    Hestia wrote: »

No this is your second comment about members of the community.
    I’m distraught that there are members of this community who are willingly to accept The Sims Studio to charge us for features that could have been as a free patch.

The OP is about the Stuff Pack. My responses to you as individuals does not conclude my original post.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Following this logic one can say every DLC could "easily" have been part of a free update.
    We get a lot of things for free, before each DLC release we get something in a free update - clothes, careers, swatches, BB items, improvement to existing skills - but it's being taken for granted, people always demand more.
    It's getting absurd like "I already bought a phone years ago, how dare you make a new, better phone and sell it for money again".
    Who's really being greedy?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Morkovka The comparison between receiving new phone models and countless of DLCs for a game that were, in the past included within EPs or updates don’t really make sense... :)

Here’s a simple example of what I’m trying to say in OP.

Bgqb1zT_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    The good thing about the pack is that it seems to have a lot of items for being a stuff pack and I really appreciate the content in laundry day being the most complete stuff pack to me. I'm happy it is happening again with another pack.
  • Options
    _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    @Hestia yes the burger is definitely half a bun and not even sesame seeds. To me the expansions game packs and stuff packs seem so exclusive at times. Not everyone can get them all and if you don't have them all there is alot of gameplay missing. This is not right.

Do I really need to by island living to swim in water....
    Do I really need seasons to see rain or snow or sun....
    These things could be added in base game
    🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    @Hestia Of course, we have different opinions on what makes sense, that's what makes us disagree.

The thing is, Gurus are so good at their job of being nice and looking like they are on our side, that it's easy to forget that behind those friendly faces it's business.
    Business means business, sickeningly uptight adult people leaning over endless boring spreadsheets deciding if development of every minor feature would be worth it if they charged the regular pack price for it. And it's easy to forget that behind those unferindly pragmatic faces it's developers.
    Developers are just regualr workers who won't get paid for developing anything unless the latter decide that the former would be able to sell it.
    This common scheme is universal and is the reason why we generally can't have all we want for free.
    But I digress again.

Sorry that your burger feels empty - was it always like that, or you ate all the filling and got fed up with it, or the menu said "two buns" but you expected a burger, or you tried a burger elsewhere and expected the same - it's another questions and we are not going there because it gets too philosophical.

Happy simming, OP, with or without MFSP, it's ultimately your choice :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think with all the backlash for MFSP the developers knew they had to hit it out of the park for this stuff pack. Makes this pack a tough act to follow though so I'm already curious to see what's coming in SP16.

Of course, but I'm not repaying for that object when it should have been done right the first time.

Exactly!

This is the third time photography has been visited and now this time we are expected to pay for it being improved.

But it is already imrpoved in the latest patch. This thng only adds a new career that will use the feature you already have in the game and a studio that let be honest gives you backdrops that you dont need since you can already take a photo anywhere in the game

How has it been improved? All I see is the ability to change picture frame colours and being able to put pictures on surfaces which should not have taken almost 5 years to come.

Ditto for the new features locked behind the mosquito stuff pack because they know fine well of the fashion was the selling point, most simmers would go “NOPE”.

But now if you want to take a picture with a sim holding a toddler you need the pack. I think that’s pretty awful.
  • Options
    You can still take a picture with a sim holding a toddler in free form.. I think on the camera it's called take a photo or take a picture. You can do that right now in the game without a pack. There are no special poses and you have to have your subjects near you and get the shot at the right moment. Set up isn't necessarily easy and every shot probably won't work.. but you can do it. You can take pictures of groups of sims doing things also. Again they might not be in the exact poses you want them to be in and you might have to take the shot a number of times for it to come out. There are ways to help make it easier I'm sure like have the sims start doing something you know you will like the look of.. then go in and try to grab the shot before they stop. They aren't taking away this ability it's there and has been there. They are adding many poses in this pack that the community ... well the one that likes this game anyway has asked for in threads that I've witnessed. Again this takes works on the developers part. I'm glad they listen.
    Even though I love the new poses that I've seen... I've got a renewed interest in taking normal .. not posed shots again with one of my sims. I'm tweaking the world one of my journalists works in and she'll be out taking not posed shots very soon. Sure she'll use all the trappings and different cameras that have come in various packs and things that come in this pack. (most recently IL has an interesting looking camera). This 10 dollar stuff pack will give her more items and well .. stuff... for me to set her up to feel more like the character I want her too. I'm happy the developers are developing things in ways that can add to the story telling or uses within game play. I'm glad I can use it in a broader scope through this also.
    egTcBMc.png