March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Add Your Pack Ideas that are not on The Sims 4's Radar

jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
It's a well known fact that the Sims community continues to beg EA for University, Farming, Cars, Elders & Tweens, and Spiral Stairs. But what are some off-the-radar pack ideas?

My ideas/examples:

Secondhand Stuff Finally, your sim's home can be off-taste AND without being mismatched. This stuff pack provides gaudy decor and fashion DON'Ts from bygone days.

Murder Mystery Party Stuff Yeah, offing a sim would, I guess, be too dark. But what if your sim threw a party and pretended to get offed? Search for clues in creepy antiques to solve this "murder" on a dark and stormy night (storm SFX)

Super Heroes GP Take your sims up up and away, blah blah blah marketing. Super powers, Secret Identities, Llama Caves

Netherworlds GP Where do sim ghosts go after you release them to the netherworld? Open a portal to the Netherworld and let Virgil be your guide

Midlife Crisis Stuff That awkward stage between adult and elder has just gotten a lot...crisisier

Gambling Pack - Come to think of it, maybe gambling could be the draw for Midlife Crisis stuff, lol

Multi-Unit Complex Pack Apartments? Those are so 2016. Introducing the new lot type: Multi-Unit Complex. Build your own and move in today!

Feel free to ask me about my silly pack ideas, I would love to brainstorm.
Please add your own ideas as well. I only ask that they are fairly simplistic conceptually (but feel free to elaborate) and have broader than niche appeal. Is there an aspect in the game currently that you believe could be explored more in an expansion/game/stuff pack? Please share :smile:
Post edited by jadonbakes on

Comments

• jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg yes, babies! I don’t know very many babies right now, but what baby gameplay are you hoping for?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    @ListentoToppDogg yes, babies! I don’t know very many babies right now, but what baby gameplay are you hoping for?

@jadonbakes Stuff like The Sims Freeplay has with changing tables, baths, toys, teaching to crawl and then stand, being able to actually customize them in CAS, etc.

This video has a lot of great stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs
    edited August 2019
    @ListentoToppDogg That's cool! Here are some scrambled thoughts I'm having:
    I can't believe we don't currently have changing tables.
    Ooh, also the babies pack should include a food processor (finally), so they can make their own baby food.
    Omg and then you can burp the baby.
    And this (maybe not an Elders pack) would be a good place to add a rocking chair.
    And, do sims not currently wash their babies? That could be so cute, even in the sink!
    And new social event type: baby shower party.
    Finally, I think there should also be like a skill (?) or achievement or something similar to Character values in Parenthood for like BONDING with the baby. So if a simparent and baby are 100% bonded, they will have a strong, unfaltering LIFELONG relationship (if not completely bonded, the baby and parent's relationship will still be able to max out, but not as effortlessly).
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    A pack about death. To finally get graveyards (that should be patched in before the pack releases), different types of funerals, an inheritance system, new graves, etc
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @jadonbakes All of that would be nice. My desire is for the babies to actually feel like members of the family with lots of interactions and not just objects stuck in one room.
    @AlbaWaterhouse I totally agree. That's what I was thinking with the netherworld pack, though that would explore of the afterlife aspect as well. But that pack could definitely include funerals and graveyards.
    edited August 2019
    Sims 4 Zoo Pack. Zoo animals! I don't really want this, plus caged animals are kind of depressing.
    Post edited by jadonbakes on
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I thought Super Heroes was something that could come into fruition in the future? I think a survey in the past mentioned the idea.
    @AHolyToilet I’m not completely sure that superheroes will be a game but I would love it
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Superheroes and Llama Caves, oh YES!!! I'd love it if they also gave the Sims superpowers and had a superhero fight option, like the vampire spar.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    Also, It'd be great if you had Superheroes and Seasons and you could become a full-time lightning bender. I still haven't figured out how to get the power without my sims dying.
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    A pack dedicated to farming would be nice, with animals such as horses, please. I know it seems very unlikely but it would be greatly appreciated
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    A pack about death. To finally get graveyards (that should be patched in before the pack releases), different types of funerals, an inheritance system, new graves, etc

That was one of the options we had during the "help us build a pack" thing.

We got laundry instead.
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    -Off the grid farming pack(expansion pack)
    -automobiles all types(game pack)
    - careers including better retail (expansion pack)
    - rags to riches pack(removes the ability to always have access to unlimited clothing and you have to work your way to better clothing)
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    No more loading screens
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    People are begging for University but I want to see a active Highschool pack that offers the full highschool experiance classes sports and other school activties like football cheerleading school plays and graduations.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • nthrashnthrash Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to see an entertainment district expansion pack with a new world that includes an aquarium (touch tanks, sharks, jellyfish), zoo (lions, giraffes, bears, monkeys), amusement park/water park (roller coaster, water slides, drop tower, carousel, kiddy rides), space center, movie theater, broadway plays.
    Each place would have a gift shop with home items/decor and toys that can only be bought on site.
    It would be cool if sims could work at these places part time or volunteer and get a behind the scenes experience. Like wear a shark suit and greet visitors, feed the animals, be a lifeguard at the water park
    Could also open up possibilities for new careers marine biologist, zoo keeper, expand on acting career and have them do live plays, etc.
    @nthrash Yes, I want more acting/theater options. And entertainment in general. I've heard people say they want expanded music, as well, which would include the option to form a band and play all together. I want my sim to learn saxophone!
  • nthrashnthrash Posts: 2 New Member
    Yes that would be awesome! I like your idea of a superheroes game pack. You could add a lot of crime and justice features and include robbers, villains, and spys
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want another Game Pack, another vacation one, that lets you go on Vacation to the icy north, where sometimes it snows even in summer!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I love the idea of a mid-life crisis pack! We need one of those.

I'd like to see a pack similar to Strangerville where your evil sims can have a lair and take over that world tiny piece by tiny piece....come to think of it, something like that would be great in the Superhero's pack! Another one I'd like to see is a Carnival pack or Spring/Autumn Fair with rides, candy floss stalls, fortune tellers and some kind of evil clown....evil, not sad and miserable, pure honest eeeeeeevvvviiiiiiillllll. just for something else for the Sims to do. Don't get me wrong I like the seasons pack a lot but I miss the festivals we had with Sims 3. I know we have Geekcon and stuff like that, but it's not the same as having the haunted house go up at Halloween. Speaking of which, Ghosts, I'd like to see more done with ghosts but I'm holding out hope that comes with Realm of Magic. A pack that was like the best of all of the old style horror movies would make me happy. Don't get me wrong but as it stands the game is too nice, anything that brings with it an air of menace would be fantastic. I know a lot of people want a romance/wedding/date pack and don't get me wrong that's worthwhile, but I want something that works that emotions system, a feel the fear pack, even if it's done as a puzzle pack in a haunted waxworks museum where they laugh about it afterwards. And outer space, I know we have Sixam with one lot on it and aliens wandering around but I'd love to see that expanded on, I'd love a world where the spaceships landed, where human sims are kidnapped for experimentation or coffee and cake depending on the alien. Where you could swim among the stars, explore lunar landscapes, collect mysterious creatures. Sometimes it's like devs have a great idea, and you think WOW! That's amazing and then suddenly it's more of the same old same old. I mean they did the Get Famous expansion and ignored all of the conspiracy theories around Hollywood that would have added a new dimension to it. I'd have loved if it my Sims could become part of the mysterious cult and guaranteed fame as long as they promised a favour once they were famous....I don't know.....catch and deliver a live womrat to X address for a part in the next big blockbuster. Just as it would have been fantastic if you could have watched your Sims in the movies that they were making on a cinema screen somewhere instead of just the television.
    @Bloosmoo you have so many great ideas. A cult would be so cool. I remember in Sims 2 University they added an influence system--I definitely want my sims to be able to boss others around (I think in Parenthood a parent can influence their child to do something, and in Vampires a vampire can like hypnotize another sim into an action... but yeah, I want influence among regular sims!)

I also agree I need aliens to be updated--they're kind of cool in Get to Work, but they're the least interesting occult to play, because they don't have any special needs. The least the Sims could do is give us an alien planet to at least put rental lots! I'd love that.

I hope Realm Of Magic gives us fun stuff with ghosts, but it'll probably just be witches.

Thanks for your ideas!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    It's a well known fact that the Sims community continues to beg EA for University, Farming, Cars, Elders & Tweens, and Spiral Stairs. But what are some off-the-radar pack ideas?

My ideas/examples:

Secondhand Stuff Finally, your sim's home can be off-taste AND without being mismatched. This stuff pack provides gaudy decor and fashion DON'Ts from bygone days.

Murder Mystery Party Stuff Yeah, offing a sim would, I guess, be too dark. But what if your sim threw a party and pretended to get offed? Search for clues in creepy antiques to solve this "murder" on a dark and stormy night (storm SFX)

Super Heroes GP Take your sims up up and away, blah blah blah marketing. Super powers, Secret Identities, Llama Caves

Netherworlds GP Where do sim ghosts go after you release them to the netherworld? Open a portal to the Netherworld and let Virgil be your guide

Midlife Crisis Stuff That awkward stage between adult and elder has just gotten a lot...crisisier

Gambling Pack - Come to think of it, maybe gambling could be the draw for Midlife Crisis stuff, lol

Multi-Unit Complex Pack Apartments? Those are so 2016. Introducing the new lot type: Multi-Unit Complex. Build your own and move in today!

Feel free to ask me about my silly pack ideas, I would love to brainstorm.
    Please add your own ideas as well. I only ask that they are fairly simplistic conceptually (but feel free to elaborate) and have broader than niche appeal. Is there an aspect in the game currently that you believe could be explored more in an expansion/game/stuff pack? Please share :smile:

This netherworld idea is totally cool that would be really fun to explore! What kind of things do you think they could add for a pack like that?

Apart from a baby overhaul and family oriented generation kind of pack, I would love to have amusement parks gp! I wonder why people dont talk about this I think it would be so cool. With rides for all ages, cotton candy, more group activities and fun stuff to do together. How fun would it be to have a water park with working water rides!

I would also love some kind of horror dedicated pack similar to strangerville. I was so excited for the spooky stuff pack only to realize there was nothing spooky. Maybe real zombies that you have to barricade yourself away from to survive. Or a world where something that only comes out at night time comes for your sim so you have to hide away until morning. Hehe just throwing thoughts out there. Its probably too intense though sims would never do it.

I would love something set in another time period and a whole different culture like say ancient Indian gp for example!

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    This netherworld idea is totally cool that would be really fun to explore! What kind of things do you think they could add for a pack like that?

On this side of the astral plane I'd like to see a funeral event, maybe a will/estate planning. That means they could finally add the Lawyer career, I know it's a stretch, but it's my stretch. *Though the more I think about it, maybe there's a huge "judgment" aspect to the game (sure, living sims will go to court for inheritance disputes, but recently deceased sims are judged on whether they have to go to the netherworld. LOL I'm sorry, that aspect is extremely Christian-centric and not at all inclusive)

But in the Netherworld world I would definitely wanna see a hellscape: cavernous, fiery, volcanic. It may just be a vacation world, so a few rental lots, and then some local "hangouts." I want some gritty, broken build/buy objects. It's always nighttime. Demons/ghosts pester you.

Or, I'd like to see ghosts explored here. Ghost skills and aspirations to be a friendly ghost or a spooky haunter.

Most of these are awful ideas. Does anyone else want to defend a Netherworld Game Pack?