Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you use money cheats in your game, do you increase or decrease your Sim's funds?

nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
After all the insightful comments in this poll, now I'm more curious on what way you cheat with money. Do you give them boundless riches? Or are you a torturous god who take away fortunes? Or maybe both because circumstances...
TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png

If you use money cheats in your game, do you increase or decrease your Sim's funds? 26 votes

Increase money
15%
RainbowSimQueenNeenzSimmingalDevolvy 4 votes
Decrease money
11%
jeepjeepcatNorthDakotaGamerMilkMommy 3 votes
Both, depending on story or challenge or whatever I feel like
73%
SleepycatDSLsimgirl1010nastyjmanphantasmkissSweetieWright_84KathykinsMDianaSimsmusteniFanPhoriaHopeyStarrEnderGamer87peragogocitysimmerJasonschick80JC1979GordyTopher8907RouensimsDaWaterRat 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't use money cheats.
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    It just depends on the story if I need to add or remove funds.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I like my sims to start off with he regular amount of money, unless I'm making a story where the sims are rich. When I want a challenge, I make my sims start with 0 cash.

I do give my scientists laboratory house 5-20k every so often though. I pretend ny scientists are receiving grants from FutureSim Labs for their work.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Decrease money
    It is way too easy to make money in the game. Also all my sims are minimalists so they will not really buy stuff to get rid of all the extra funds.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    For sims starting out on their own or moving out of their parents home I tend to decrease their funds. And I increase funds when it comes to like Global Superstars, because in my experience their funds never amount to their status.....
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I've done either in different saves, and both in one save; I let my Sims "buy" a house they couldn't afford, taking all their money as a down payment, then after bills every week, I took away more money until they'd paid it off. It involved math and keeping track of how much they owed, but I really like how it worked out.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Decrease money
    Decrease it. They make money far too quickly.
  • Options
    EnderGamer87EnderGamer87 Posts: 248 Member
    I just spliced Tulips to get Birds of Paradise and I have like 60 plants now and you can get like 20k simoleons every few days. My house has so much money and I don't know what to do lol. I am thinking on buying a retail store.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited August 2019
    Increase money
    mostly i just cheat 1 or 2 motherlodes at start to build nice house because i get impatient wanting to finish it off at once but I also agree getting money in this game is way too easy and there isnt enough things to use it on besides for building things

been thinking of doing rags to riches sort of thing tho sometime when i dont have grand house plan already in my mind
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free