Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or is sims as glitchy as ever?

The hotfix and update didn't really fix much of the big problems but also brought new ones my sims are refusing to do the dishes and random dirty clothes are all over my house and I don't have any laundry related things in the house and puts the dishes in random places like on the water I feel like we need more hotfixes

Comments

• DaxDax Posts: 5 New Member
    I will tell you that it is much better and more fluid than when I originally played my Xbox version when it released in 2017. I just recently purchased the Seasons expansion and I can't get my sim to plant the seeds from my inventory. not sure if that's a bug or my misdoing haha.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Dax wrote: »
    I will tell you that it is much better and more fluid than when I originally played my Xbox version when it released in 2017. I just recently purchased the Seasons expansion and I can't get my sim to plant the seeds from my inventory. not sure if that's a bug or my misdoing haha.

If you put them where you want to plant them and then get your sims to plant it should work it's better ofcourse but it's still so glitchy I'm talking about sense island living came out we had an update and was to fix alot and the a hotfix but now since the hotfix my sims refuse to put dishes away
  • DaxDax Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Bluebirddevil5970 said:
    > Dax wrote: »
    >
    > I will tell you that it is much better and more fluid than when I originally played my Xbox version when it released in 2017. I just recently purchased the Seasons expansion and I can't get my sim to plant the seeds from my inventory. not sure if that's a bug or my misdoing haha.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you put them where you want to plant them and then get your sims to plant it should work it's better ofcourse but it's still so glitchy I'm talking about sense island living came out we had an update and was to fix alot and the a hotfix but now since the hotfix my sims refuse to put dishes away

Thanks for the tip regarding the seeds. My Sim just gets stuck when I try to "open" the seeds that are in my inventory. The action icon comes up, but he just stands there.

In regards to the Island Living bugs you spoke about, I'm sure they'll issue a patch very soon.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Fingers crossed we already had a patch though I dunno and your welcome
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Dax wrote: »
    > @Bluebirddevil5970 said:
    > Dax wrote: »
    >
    > I will tell you that it is much better and more fluid than when I originally played my Xbox version when it released in 2017. I just recently purchased the Seasons expansion and I can't get my sim to plant the seeds from my inventory. not sure if that's a bug or my misdoing haha.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you put them where you want to plant them and then get your sims to plant it should work it's better ofcourse but it's still so glitchy I'm talking about sense island living came out we had an update and was to fix alot and the a hotfix but now since the hotfix my sims refuse to put dishes away

Thanks for the tip regarding the seeds. My Sim just gets stuck when I try to "open" the seeds that are in my inventory. The action icon comes up, but he just stands there.

In regards to the Island Living bugs you spoke about, I'm sure they'll issue a patch very soon.

I'm guessing 2 months till we get another patch for consoles cause of Sony and Microsoft.
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Patches are like taking a sledgehammer to kill a fly in a house. Fix a bug in one place, make sixty bugs all over the rest of the game.
  • DJaiDJai Posts: 10 New Member
    Sims is glitchy. I'm currently experiencing a problem right now and since I don't know how to start a new thread (or if I even am able to since I haven't posted much) I'm going to post about it here in the hopes that someone can help me. Sorry if this is considered derailing a thread but I need help with a glitch.

So I'm playing on PS4 Pro. I just moved a large family into a house Sims just added to the gallery not too long ago. I send one of my sims to the basement that I added into the house and she glitches and ends up under the stairs. No problem. I delete the walls I had around the stairs. Instead of her walking out from under the stairs she just stands there. I reset her and next thing I know she's floating in air. I save and I go to manage worlds. That was probably dumb but I've done this with several glitches before and usually when I go back into the household the glitch is gone and everything is back to normal. I wasn't so lucky this time. Everything is fine except the game will not finish loading. I can play but it says "game loading is in progress" when I hover over the icons at the top right of the screen. I cannot build, go to manage worlds, or save. The sim glitched when she was supposed to be taking pictures of her kids. When I went to manage worlds I wasn't in camera mode (my sim was floating in the air) but when I go back into the household I start in camera mode with my sim behind the camera and her two kids looking at each other in front of it. I exit camera mode and things seem fine. The sims start doing things on their own or I can instruct them to do things but the game never fully loads no matter how long I wait. How do I fix this without losing everything?
  • DJaiDJai Posts: 10 New Member
    So I figured it out about 30 minutes after I posted. I just had to remove the photo studio from the house and then purchase it again after the game loaded properly. If I knew how to delete post I would delete mine. Sorry.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    DJai wrote: »
    So I figured it out about 30 minutes after I posted. I just had to remove the photo studio from the house and then purchase it again after the game loaded properly. If I knew how to delete post I would delete mine. Sorry.

Hmm it must have been corrupted.
  • iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    The game is definitely buggy like always but it’s no where near as bad as when the console version first launched. Sure we’ve had some really bad bugs, but my game is so much more fluid. Loading times from the most recent fix have greatly improved since Seasons came out and that was a long time ago. Of course some players have bugs that others don’t have nearly as often or at all.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)