Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Console controls

Comments

• SimFoozSimFooz Posts: 1 New Member
    While playing a single sim household with autonomy for selected sim unchecked (off) in the settings, is there a way to select/unselect that sim in live mode to easily turn it on & off or is that sim stuck as selected?
  • MarioCoxMarioCox Posts: 15 New Member
    I am facing the problems . I cannot select any square or box ,My cursor is stuck on go here
    Xbox one version
  • Lbridley1Lbridley1 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi in the new updates i see that only pc got the new cheat, showliveeditobjects aswell ad the personality test and a fresh main menu page, just woundering if these will be coming to console anytime soon, thanks.
  • KutterHaulerNKutterHaulerN Posts: 4 New Member
    Awesome I can just refer to this whenever I'm stuck.
  • Sapphire23Sapphire23 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi I bought a stuff pack at game stop online, and I need help installing it.
    Problem is that I have a PlayStation 4 and no one seems to care, or know how to install it to my Sims 4 program can anyone help please!?!?!
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    Sapphire23 wrote: »
    Hi I bought a stuff pack at game stop online, and I need help installing it.
    Problem is that I have a PlayStation 4 and no one seems to care, or know how to install it to my Sims 4 program can anyone help please!?!?!

Ok.. so they should have given you a 12 digit code when you purchased the dlc. On the Ps4, open the store tab and scroll down to the bottom to "Redeem Codes." Press that and then type in the code they sent you. That should take you to the dlc page and start downloading for you.

If you've already redeemed the code and for whatever reason it didn't download and you're just having trouble finding your purchased content.. Scroll over to your Sims4 game icon.. press down to go to the sub menu and then scroll down to the playstation store tab and then press right to go to the add-ons tab. At the top it should show your purchased dlc, press that to take you to a page with all your dlc and little arrows next to each one. Simply press the arrow to download the stuff pack you recently purchased.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Lbridley1 wrote: »
    Hi in the new updates i see that only pc got the new cheat, showliveeditobjects aswell ad the personality test and a fresh main menu page, just woundering if these will be coming to console anytime soon, thanks.

The date has not been announced yet, maybe because they are tying it to the gallery rollout. I can only hope 😊
  • DsignCasterDsignCaster Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I just want to ask since TS4 can be played on console with keyboard and mouse, does that mean ALL of the PC commands can be applied as well on console specifically PS4? I want to do the Cinematic Camera while using the Free Cam Mode. Wherein there are camera points from numbers 1 - 9 on keyboard and when you click a camera point it will go to that are smoothly like a professional cinematic video? As of now all I can do is just panning where it's slower when the camera is near the ground and faster when higher to the sky...
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Not sure if this has been asked already, but does anyone know if there are console controls to place exterior trims and freezes one wall/room at a time like on PC?
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Is there a way to pull up extra roof manipulation points on xbox? On PC if you hold shiftC you get 2 extra roof manipulation points! Is this possible on xbox? Please help!!
    edited October 2019
    Gamer12 wrote: »
    Is there a way to pull up extra roof manipulation points on xbox? On PC if you hold shiftC you get 2 extra roof manipulation points! Is this possible on xbox? Please help!!

If there is with the controller I've never figured it out. If you happen to have an extra old keyboard and mouse laying around though, you can simply plug those in to the usb ports on your xbox, press spacebar in game to swtich controls over to keyboard/mouse, click on the roof with the mouse, press shift C and the extra manipulation points come up.. you can then just go back to using your controller if you want and the extra points will remain active for you to use until you switch lots.

Obviously would be easiest to just always use keyboard and mouse but some folks don't have a good living room set up or wireless keyboard / mice to use them effectively. But just by plugging them in you can use them and the controller together effectlively enough to do what you want.
  • Gamer12Gamer12 Posts: 126 Member
    Gamer12 wrote: »

If there is with the controller I've never figured it out. If you happen to have an extra old keyboard and mouse laying around though, you can simply plug those in to the usb ports on your xbox, press spacebar in game to swtich controls over to keyboard/mouse, click on the roof with the mouse, press shift C and the extra manipulation points come up.. you can then just go back to using your controller if you want and the extra points will remain active for you to use until you switch lots.

Obviously would be easiest to just always use keyboard and mouse but some folks don't have a good living room set up or wireless keyboard / mice to use them effectively. But just by plugging them in you can use them and the controller together effectlively enough to do what you want.

This worked great! Thank you!
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    Morning. I'm new to TS4 on PS4.(Got it for Christmas.) I have been playing the sims for years on the PC,but having a bit of a problem on the PS4. How do I delete saved games on the PS4? Thanks. B)
    edited January 2020
    Morning. I'm new to TS4 on PS4.(Got it for Christmas.) I have been playing the sims for years on the PC,but having a bit of a problem on the PS4. How do I delete saved games on the PS4? Thanks. B)

Go to the save you want to delete and press triangle. You'll get a pop up saying "Are you Sure? and then you confirm. Sims4 on console has full keyboard/mouse support as well so if you have an extra keyboard / mouse laying around you can plug those in. The game will then funciton exactly like it does on pc. You can also fairly seemlessly switch back and forth between keyboard and controller if you want to use all three devices.
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member

Go to the save you want to delete and press triangle. You'll get a pop up saying "Are you Sure? and then you confirm. Sims4 on console has full keyboard/mouse support as well so if you have an extra keyboard / mouse laying around you can plug those in. The game will then funciton exactly like it does on pc. You can also fairly seemlessly switch back and forth between keyboard and controller if you want to use all three devices.

Thank you for the reply and the info. B)
  • HayleyN2019HayleyN2019 Posts: 13 New Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not but for those curious I discovered how to take the filters like 'party' and 'masculine' off in CAS, well for the Xbox One anyway since that's what I play on. You first press X to bring up the filter menu like it tells you to but don't select anything and with the menu open hit the Y button and it deletes all of your filters. Thought I'd share in case someone didn't know.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not but for those curious I discovered how to take the filters like 'party' and 'masculine' off in CAS, well for the Xbox One anyway since that's what I play on. You first press X to bring up the filter menu like it tells you to but don't select anything and with the menu open hit the Y button and it deletes all of your filters. Thought I'd share in case someone didn't know.

Omg I just figured this out on PS4! It's Square to open the filters and then Triangle to clear the filters. It's weird because sometimes the option for outfit category isn't there but now at least you can clear it.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Is there a way to live drag and rotate in live mode?

Is there a way to enable 360° rotation like the PC has using the controller?
  • Kylea88Kylea88 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m having a issue on the Xbox one, hopefully someone can help, so since I’ve been playing when switching sim the camera has always then gone to that sim but all of a sudden it’s stopped doing it. Does anyone know how to switch this back on??
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Are you switching via shoulder buttons or via D-pad? Camera only goes directly to sim via shoulder buttons. Via D-pad right, you switch only to the next sim in line. But camera staat where it is. Of you need to follow you're sim make dure to press down on the right controle stick. You will see a camera picto in the sims picture on the sim line. Hope this helps.
  • Yaant3yYaant3y Posts: 2 New Member
    Is it possible to have multiple curvature balls while roofing in PS4 version? If so how to do that?
  • Yaant3yYaant3y Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Yaant3y said:
    > Is it possible to have multiple curvature balls while roofing in PS4 version? If so how to do that?

Manage to figure this out. Connect keyboard and mouse to PS4 and select roof. Then CRTL+C does the job.
  • corduroy_ratcorduroy_rat Posts: 5 New Member
    here’s a handy tip: you can keep the needs menu, simology menu skills menu etc. open constantly by pressing in R3 (PS4) once the menu is open. i’m sure it will be something similar for xbox.
    [quote="JPNeko;c-16243625"]What I'd like to know is how to keep the needs tab open all the time. Normally, if you open it, you cannot click on your sims or do anything else until It's closed. It's a bit of a pain to keep opening it often, especially when there are many sims in the household. I've done it before but don't really know how I did it or if it was a glitch.[/quote] Press R3 once you’ve opened the tab
    [quote="LoveMcQueen5683;c-16242349"]Is there a quick way to open the needs tab?[/quote]

i don’t think so, but you can press R3 once the tab is opened to keep it open