Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have messaged BuildnShare to see if we can get the challenge changed on the front page so more people will know we are still doing builds.

edit: I also posted on the Facebook page. I hope that helps.
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    Here's my pics:

http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/bns

The first two are this month's challenge with both the El and the Cabin.

(That last link is to last month's challenge, I think.)
    edited July 2019
    Well, maybe BuildnShare is still on vacation :D I hope! I am trying to do this build on The Sims (1). It certainly does not look great... Working on some CC walls and floors right now to make it more geared towards the family's want list. I REALLY miss building with Sims 3 and 4!!!!! I will share pictures, if they turn out. I am literally using my digital camera to take pictures of the screen, so I am hoping they show up well. No overheads because Sims 1 did not have that option. I will be done by or before the 31st.

@ciane: I loved both the builds! Very homey and happy looking!!

Anyone else working on this challenge?
    Kgaff wrote: »
    I've been working on the "El" that @ciane recommended. My only problem is that that one leaves a long, skinny hallway that is tricky to build off of. Also it makes for a weird transition to my new areas. I'm at 70,000 and change right now and running out of things to buy. I still need lighting and some wallpaper here and there but wow, what else could they want :|

I think if the budget was 175,000 I could build them a mansion!! :)

@iampes23 is your budget of 178,000 for renovating the cabin you linked to or to the "EL"? I'm going to check out the cabin right now.

I guess you can still do either house. :D
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    iampes23 wrote: »
    I have messaged BuildnShare to see if we can get the challenge changed on the front page so more people will know we are still doing builds.

edit: I also posted on the Facebook page. I hope that helps.

Updated! Thanks @iampes23 :)

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited July 2019
    *fingers crossed* it looks like I will be getting a new computer sometime next month, so I will definitely be doing the challenge!! I am so excited to get back to building and playing all my games!!!
    edit: trying to build with The Sims (1) is just not the same. :(
    Congrats on getting a new computer next month. I hope everything works well for you.
    ciane wrote: »
    Congrats on getting a new computer next month. I hope everything works well for you.

Thanks! I hope so, too!
    Everyone--Just wanted to remind you that this is #216--you may need to change the entry form! :D

Getting my pics ready to show y'all my original Sims version of this challenge! I will probably have it ready sometime tomorrow!
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    Okay, finally decided to share two micro lots. One is a 10 x 10 children's park.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9328720
    the other is a residential lot set up for a family of 4
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9328721
    These are my first serious attempts. Please, let me know what you think.
    I like your micro lots @rotata, but I wonder if this was the thread you meant to post in.
  • rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    I rarely post so much as a comment and generally only lurk around the World Builders. Build and share sounded good for lots. I've noticed that some people have threads of their own. Is that the right way to go?
    edited July 2019
    My building for this challenge: https://imgur.com/a/IRjNWxd

It is a blast from the past, done in The Sims (1). Check it out! lol I actually got it within the budget at $174,513, but it was a challenge since originally it was far over $350,000. I can't wait to see what everyone else did with this build!!
    qYwQIk2.jpg

@rotata: I love the cute little house! Looks like you packed it with all the necessities!
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    rotata wrote: »
    I rarely post so much as a comment and generally only lurk around the World Builders. Build and share sounded good for lots. I've noticed that some people have threads of their own. Is that the right way to go?

Hi @rotata. I enjoyed seeing your builds. A couple threads come to mind as a good place for these. One has been inactive for a while, but I don't think it's the kind of thread where it would be frowned on to resurrect it:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/928920/tiny-house-challenge/p1

The other is linked at the top of the Builders section of the forum (where we are) and is current:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/698547/your-newest-exchange-uploads-share-your-links-here-pt2/p1

It's also just fine to make your own thread if you think you'll want to share builds on a continuing basis. I think they might get more notice initially, though, if you started with the second thread I linked, because it seems as though people have the threads they're interested in bookmarked and they don't necessarily just browse through everything so much.

You'd also be welcome to join us here for the Build-N-Share monthly challenges if you want to attempt them. :)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @iampes23 That was fun to see. I'm glad you did it. Wow, down to $174k from $350k is quite a change. I don't remember, was Sims 1 a lot more expensive? If it was, I think you could be forgiven to ignore the budget. :D
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    While I'm talking ;) I just want to let you know I haven't done anything for this month. I'm devoid of good ideas right now. I've been sort of just "visiting" a few of my games and not building at all.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited July 2019
    suzses wrote: »
    @iampes23 That was fun to see. I'm glad you did it. Wow, down to $174k from $350k is quite a change. I don't remember, was Sims 1 a lot more expensive? If it was, I think you could be forgiven to ignore the budget. :D

I am not sure if it is that much difference in the building costs from Sims 3 as I was not paying attention. But there is a definite lack of items to use, and their prices are sometimes outrageous. And, technically, I cheated to get the price down by using my own floors and wallpapers at a cheaper price. Bad me! But I also had to delete stuff as well as go with cheaper counters, etc. But the original cabin was cheaper than the Sims 3 one. I just have a problem with wanting my Sims to have everything and still have space to move around in. :D

We still have a few days left, so maybe inspiration will hit.... Or maybe next month's challenge, which will be posted on time, will be more inspiring!!
    That is a mansion now, @iampes23! Congrats on getting it built in the Sims original game.
    That is a mansion now, @iampes23! Congrats on getting it built in the Sims original game.

Thanks!

Anyone else doing this challenge?
    edited August 2019
    BnS#216 is now closed! Thank you all who participated!
    (If anyone needs more time, just let me know!)
    edited August 2019
    DELETED BNS posted
    Post edited by iampes23 on
    edited August 2019
    I am still hoping to see what others might have done with the last one.

Is it possible to just get a shorter title for linking purposes when the front page post is updated? I know that you like to highlight the current challenge and that it is current, but then the link is always changing as well, right?

Nevermind. It was much shorter to just link to the actual post.
    I will be posting the new challenges, but I don't have access tot he front page yet guys, so bare with me! :D
    I am still hoping to see what others might have done with the last one.
    I am too! I am hoping some may need more time. Just say so if you need more time. We are flexible since the challenge was not given until the middle of the month.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top